Jump to content
DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Recommended Posts

Looking at the latest output, winter certainly hasn't finished with us yet....Yet again interesting times ahead for model watching :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Looking at the latest output, winter certainly hasn't finished with us yet....Yet again interesting times ahead for model watching :D

Yup very heavy snowfall event still very much on for midlands and north england monday into tuesday!!gfs and ukmo look really good with cold easterly winds undercutting at t120 hours!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy wintry showers here at the moment looks like they are heading to the Midlands 

Hail/Sleet in the last few showers temperature drops rapidly when showers get going

Would expec @Polar Maritime to be seeing some snow out of these showers,

C.S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, shaky said:

Yup very heavy snowfall event still very much on for midlands and north england monday into tuesday!!gfs and ukmo look really good with cold easterly winds undercutting at t120 hours!!

I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad   not again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Looking at the latest output, winter certainly hasn't finished with us yet....Yet again interesting times ahead for model watching :D

Uh oh. I'll be travelling back up from London Monday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shaky said:

Yup very heavy snowfall event still very much on for midlands and north england monday into tuesday!!gfs and ukmo look really good with cold easterly winds undercutting at t120 hours!!

I don't know what charts you're looking at mate. Either you're ill-informed or don't know how to interpret models

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

I don't know what charts you're looking at mate. Either you're ill-informed or don't know how to interpret models

Wow ease off a little bit!!jesus!!i know you want mild and warm weather now and so do i but relax!!!ukmo at 120 hours does show an easterly flow across the uk with probably a band of snow midlands north!!00z gfs had the same although its gone further north on the 06z!probably go back south again on the 12z!!dont worry bout it the mild air shall arrive in due time lol!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone get any wet snow from the front this morning?

Seemed to be just rain here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Did anyone get any wet snow from the front this morning?

Seemed to be just rain here.

DWW..

 The answer is no,  but.......

Just back in, after a very wet golf match against Shirley.

Rain torrential at times made it very uncomfortable,

We have had about 10 mms so far here at home.

As per above from Northwich the showers have just passed thru Shirley on my way home (Stratford Road) with a mixture of rain hail and ball snow.

Still snowflakes when I reached home but has stopped now.  All this whilst the temp was 4.7C here (my car had 4.0C in the heaviest of the shower).... DP is at 2.3C and falling as the colder air undercuts again.

It counts as yet another day of snow falling.

 I make it  26 days falling and 29 days laying now, but I will check.

 MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

snow on tops around here, and lying a bit.

 

still have snow drifts under the walls

don,t you just love GFS automated charts now showing over 40cms of snow for here next tuesday.

 

Having said that met office 5 day has slowly upgraded snow chances but again that changes every few hours, but good to look at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BBC text forecast for the region tomorrow; ‘Through the afternoon, bands of heavy and occasionally thundery showers will encroach from the southwest.’ 

 

Potentially our first risk of thunder for tomorrow? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy snow to rain event early next week for the Midlands on the GFS. Absolutely piles snow into Northern England and Scotland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Heavy snow to rain event early next week for the Midlands on the GFS. Absolutely piles snow into Northern England and Scotland.

If ukmo is right it will be an all snow event for us lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks as though early next week has the potential to be quite wintry. I'll take that. Although I hope the best of it (if it is to happen) hits us before Friday so I don't miss out on much before I go on holiday. Although some models look as though the cold might linger into the following week even. Still one last snowy spell for me before then would still be welcome. I'll still no doubt be keeping an eye on developments here whilst I'm away even, to see what I can expect when I get back. Snow after all isn't completely unheard of in the second half of April or May even (though very rare). In 1975 it even snowed in early June apparently (considering that's the start of meteorological Summer must have been quite something) so who knows with the way this Spring is unfolding. What a strange Spring this is turning out to be though, that we can even consider much chance of snow this long after the end of February. It should certainly put to bed all those complaints that the Sun is too strong for much in the way of snow in late February onwards, although hopefully next Winter we can all get our fix in the heart of Winter and that this Spring is hopefully the appetiser for December onwards. 

Edited by Walsall Wood Snow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

DWW..

 The answer is no,  but.......

Just back in, after a very wet golf match against Shirley.

Rain torrential at times made it very uncomfortable,

We have had about 10 mms so far here at home.

As per above from Northwich the showers have just passed thru Shirley on my way home (Stratford Road) with a mixture of rain hail and ball snow.

Still snowflakes when I reached home but has stopped now.  All this whilst the temp was 4.7C here (my car had 4.0C in the heaviest of the shower).... DP is at 2.3C and falling as the colder air undercuts again.

It counts as yet another day of snow falling.

 I make it  26 days falling and 29 days laying now, but I will check.

 MIA

Bum information....

Snow falling on 25days and laying on 28days.

 

 

As suggested on Monday/Tuesday the temps have started to fall today, and we just about managed half a dozen flakes.

Its all eyes on the next 5 days now.

The colder air is undercutting more with each low passing to the south.

By Monday the latest MO is seeing  a lot of snow for here, and there 'outlook' via their long ranger is still rock solid cold for the next 2 weeks..

GFS via a deepening low becoming static to the south west is now showing mild air from mid next week onwards.

Interesting times ahead... One thing it is not going to be dry.

MIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Looks as though early next week has the potential to be quite wintry. I'll take that. Although I hope the best of it (if it is to happen) hits us before Friday so I don't miss out on much before I go on holiday. Although some models look as though the cold might linger into the following week even. Still one last s Lowy spell for me before then would still be welcome. I'll still no doubt be keeping an eye on developments here whilst I'm away even to see what I can expect when I get back. Snow after all isn't completely unheard of in the second half of April or May even (though very rare). In 1975 it even snowed in early June apparently (considering that's the start of meteorological Summer must have been quite something) so who knows with the way this Spring is unfolding. What a strange Spring this is turning out to be though, that we can even consider much chance of snow this long after the end of February. It should certainly put to bed all those complaints that the Sun is too strong for much in the way of snow in late February onwards, although hopefully next Winter we can all get our fix in the heart of Winter and that this Spring is hopefully the appetiser for December onwards. 

Completely agree with you on that one, never understood why peps say it, maybe when snow showers are at hand a little thawing from time to time when the sun's out, but that's about it :santa-emoji:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Looks as though early next week has the potential to be quite wintry. I'll take that. Although I hope the best of it (if it is to happen) hits us before Friday so I don't miss out on much before I go on holiday. Although some models look as though the cold might linger into the following week even. Still one last snowy spell for me before then would still be welcome. I'll still no doubt be keeping an eye on developments here whilst I'm away even, to see what I can expect when I get back. Snow after all isn't completely unheard of in the second half of April or May even (though very rare). In 1975 it even snowed in early June apparently (considering that's the start of meteorological Summer must have been quite something) so who knows with the way this Spring is unfolding. What a strange Spring this is turning out to be though, that we can even consider much chance of snow this long after the end of February. It should certainly put to bed all those complaints that the Sun is too strong for much in the way of snow in late February onwards, although hopefully next Winter we can all get our fix in the heart of Winter and that this Spring is hopefully the appetiser for December onwards. 

Have a fantastic holiday,,, we'll keep some of the snow for your return!!

MIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MIA,

You mentioned   "By Monday the latest MO is seeing a lot of snow for here"   You got a link.....I can't find it ?

DWW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be dahn sahf for the next few days, so this time I really can't get excited on my own behalf as cold rain is all that's on the cards. I would like nice weather for Easter, really, rather than the miserable dross that's forecast for southwestern parts. However, good luck to those of you who have a genuine chance of snow coming up. I hope you get something to chew on with your chocolate eggs. :D

Edited by Arctic Hare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

MIA,

You mentioned   "By Monday the latest MO is seeing a lot of snow for here"   You got a link.....I can't find it ?

DWW.

Try this, up to 5 days Monday. Apparently the next day (day 6) goes on to produce an easterly with the low moving SE deepening.

https://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twodata/datmdlout.aspx

Also, one S Murr is turning very bullish in the SE thread. 

 

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Try this, up to 5 days Monday. Apparently the next day (day 6) goes on to produce an easterly with the low moving SE deepening.

 https://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twodata/datmdlout.aspx

MIA

Ah, If I had a pound for every time we had a wet Bank holiday, in my pocket there would be a fair few quid.....as for SNOW..... zero pence :hi:

THIS COULD BE A BANK HOLIDAY TO REMEMBER :cold:

12_117_precipratec.png?cb=364image.thumb.png.bcad2fa6f292db8acb34c8bd8fbccb16.png

I would love to see the precipitation for the 12z UKMO :search::wink:

 

 

 

 

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh how awful it would be if it snowed Monday night and I had to stay with my family in London and not go to work 🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Have a fantastic holiday,,, we'll keep some of the snow for your return!!

MIA

Are you going to shovel some into your freezer then :D. Anyway early next week for the moment looks promising, so hopefully I should see some then beforehand. Mind you the way they've got this habit lately of cancelling flights before any snow has even fallen, my flight could get delayed for all I know. I mentioned this possibility to my Mum a couple of weeks back and she said as long as were able to get there for the 11th (my sisters wedding day) she wasn't going to worry. Hopefully it will be ok though.

Edited by Walsall Wood Snow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...