Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
6 hours ago, Arctic Hare said:

Another very solid day to end May. A max of 25.4 °C, but the combination of more cloud than forecast and a noticeable breeze meant it didn't feel quite that warm, though it was still very pleasant. Just a couple more days of this before things change. I just hope we're not in for a washout summer as payback!

Let's hope the spring we've enjoyed was payback for the very soggy winter we endured.

All things are equal now!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
2 hours ago, Neil Harris said:

Let's hope the spring we've enjoyed was payback for the very soggy winter we endured.

All things are equal now!

Then the fair thing would probably be a traditional summer with something for everyone: sunshine, heat, showers, wind, storms etc. Right now I think I'd take that.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Another good 'un. 24.3 °C and much less cloud than yesterday; it's almost entirely clear now as the sun sets. Just one more day of this spell and then all change on Wednesday. I do hope we'll get enough rain to be useful for the garden, but either way the whole feel of things is going to be very different indeed for a while at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Just been for an evening walk along the canal. Lovely evening, just the right temperature for a stroll. We have been so lucky with this weather. Every single walk has been really enjoyable.

Pelsall Canal Sunset.jpg

Posted

24C and sunny could have copied and pasted this pretty much every day in the last 10 days. Last good day for a while. We need some rain, but hoping this unsettled spell doesn't last too long.

Posted

Made it up to 24.8 °C this afternoon. Might be quite a while before I see that sort of number on the thermometer again. Currently a very pleasant, still warm evening. You can tell there's a change coming, eg the wind has gone around to the NW and the clouds are different in nature, but we'll make it to dusk without rain. Tomorrow is going to be a very different feeling day, and it looks like things are going to remain cool for quite a while.

What a spell this has been, though. Even allowing for the unusual circumstances we've been living through, this one will stick in the memory. I walked down to the river at about 8am (outside town, as I'm not yet comfortable going into town) and it was absolutely stunning. No anglers yet as it's still close season, so I shared the riverside path with just a couple of walkers and enjoyed watching a swan with cygnets having their own bit of relaxation. Blazing but not yet hot sunshine, a calm river, green everywhere. Beautiful.

Severn.jpg

Edited by Arctic Hare
  • Thanks 1

Posted

What a difference a day makes! Persistent light rain today, still falling as I type, and no sunshine at all. (It's fairly bright behind the clouds at the moment; they just haven't parted.) My max today will go down as 15.9 °C, but that was recorded just after midnight in the hangover from yesterday evening. Right now it's 13 °C and that's more representative of the cool, grey June day it's been.

Posted

Light rain for most of the day. After feeling like the height of summer for a week or so it now feels like a grey October day. Much needed, but lets hope it isn't around for too long!

Posted

Light rain on and off for the last 2 days keeping the grass damp and watered. But that's enough positive spin, absolute pathetic, this weather and temperature wouldn't look out of place in February. Hope this is the last unsettled spell until October.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

The last two days have been awful, dark and grey with drizzle. And cool feeling too. A far cry from the week that proceeded.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
9 hours ago, RobR said:

The last two days have been awful, dark and grey with drizzle. And cool feeling too. A far cry from the week that proceeded.

Today wettest setup for Stafford/Stoke, most other areas dry

Posted
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Today wettest setup for Stafford/Stoke, most other areas dry

Perhaps I should update my location, I'm now in Solihull!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Blustery showers blowing through here with some hail in the mix.

Posted

A better day today. Still blustery and with plenty of showers. Still cold in the rain (down to 8 °C at one point, though it's back up to 14 °C now). But the crucial difference is that there's sunshine in between the showers and that it's nowhere near as gloomy. No putting the lights on at 2 pm as I had to yesterday! It still doesn't feel like June, but it would at least be a respectable early April day now, rather than the miserable November-like one we had yesterday.

Posted

Thick fog so far today which is something May couldn't manage. Rainfall in June so far is about average but the total of 30.4 mm is still more than the combined total for April and May.

Posted

Been Slsacking Fog... Will get a good night's sleep.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

For the first time in 11 days I can comfortably sit outside in summer. Shocking, only in the UK is such a streak possible.

Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy L said:

For the first time in 11 days I can comfortably sit outside in summer. Shocking, only in the UK is such a streak possible.

Not really - I have friends and colleagues in much warmer climates who have been rained in for days on end recently.  And their lawns are all much greener than mine.

Posted

A rumble of thunder just to my North now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Hi all, it’s been a while, I’m hearing my first booms of the season   ⚡⚡⚡

Posted

Nice little cell passing over Solihull now. Few good deep booms. It's still bright around so lightning hard to see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
5 minutes ago, RobR said:

Nice little cell passing over Solihull now. Few good deep booms. It's still bright around so lightning hard to see.

Looking promising ⚡⚡⚡️ All coming our way

72840137-5910-49DF-BA84-91CE4C6CA95D.thumb.png.b8bba0122b07d6b801bca4ff4663d25b.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
7 minutes ago, RobR said:

Sugar! keep thinking you're in Stoke