Jump to content

Midlands Regional Discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, I have to reply to this because it's misleading the entire thread, iv studied radars and the weather all my life, the low pressure that formed along the south side of the main low is pushing east,

Nathan "not a weatherman" Rao of the Express says "Army on Standby as heaviest SNOWFALL hits in next 24 hours" What a bellend!    

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Not sticking in wolves  but certainly coming down 

Not sticking at all up here in Upper Gornal either. But it's the best snowfall this winter so far. Which is comparable to picking out the best poo in the cat litter box. But hey...it's snow, I'll take it!

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gord said:

Not sticking at all up here in Upper Gornal either. But it's the best snowfall this winter so far. Which is comparable to picking out the best poo in the cat litter box. But hey...it's snow, I'll take it!

Post of the day...close the thread?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy snow in rushall nearly home 

booo knocking off 

height really making a difference 

big fluffy flakes over 700ft in Barr beacon 

Edited by nobble
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Just shows how crappy this winter has been Matt, I hear excitement in your words stating this could be Stokes SECOND snow event ? *if you want to call it that* how sad it’s been hey, I’ve had now’t so far, if I see snowfall that’ll be great ?

Also I’m keeping one eye on Thursday ?

That one a couple of weeks ago was good though. Put down a good dumping of snow here in the space of a few hours. Caught a lot of people out.

Been lucky here compared to rest of the Midlands in this very poor winter.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Similar to Cyclonic Happiness. Didn’t quite transition into full on snow here in Solihull, but the recent heavier burst of the big shower produced one or two moments of sleety wet snow. 

Seeing some full on 100% snow would be nice, though sleety wet snow still better than nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Similar to Cyclonic Happiness. Didn’t quite transition into full on snow here in Solihull, but the recent heavier burst of the big shower produced one or two moments of sleety wet snow. 

Seeing some full on 100% snow would be nice, though sleety wet snow still better than nothing.

Got 0.7'c here and a dew point of 0.1'c, won't take much of a dip to be all snow ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Got 0.7'c here and a dew point of 0.1'c, won't take much of a dip to be all snow ?

Nope, it wouldn’t to be fair. Going the right way. ? Hope for some further wintry surprises tonight and/or into tomorrow. And maybe a big pounding to our snow shields Thursday morning (please Winter lol, even though for flooded areas a break would be welcome) ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Similar to Cyclonic Happiness. Didn’t quite transition into full on snow here in Solihull, but the recent heavier burst of the big shower produced one or two moments of sleety wet snow. 

Seeing some full on 100% snow would be nice, though sleety wet snow still better than nothing.

Straightforward sleet earlier, but what is heading our way from Wales is more and more turning to Snow ???

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

La météo en temps réel et prévisions météo pour la France, Observations météo, modèles numériques et logiciels météo (GFS, ECMWF, UKMO, GEM, AROME, ARPEGE...

5A8D1A11-39F2-4259-91FD-73D08DA79828.thumb.png.54fb593011e1c5b2757456fddb775535.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Straightforward sleet earlier, but what is heading our way from Wales is more and more turning to Snow ???

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

La météo en temps réel et prévisions météo pour la France, Observations météo, modèles numériques et logiciels météo (GFS, ECMWF, UKMO, GEM, AROME, ARPEGE...

5A8D1A11-39F2-4259-91FD-73D08DA79828.thumb.png.54fb593011e1c5b2757456fddb775535.png

Yep, looking encouraging! Those showers seem to be holding together quite well. ❄️

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Looks like I'm about 1 mile too far North. Not even joking the boundary between clear skies and cloud is directly above my house.

Haha yes.. The same Dark clouds out the back clear and cloudy out the front. We do tend to be in some sort of snowless corridor when it comes to these events.. Looking at that bit coming stoke way on the radar whats the betting it clipps us to the north.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...