Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Latest GFS is great for us in the Midlands for Thursday we are at the northern extent of that heavy precipitation above the centre of the low. Should get snowfall but not sure about accumulations, the models aren't too keen.

GFSOPUK06_51_53.png

GFSOPUK06_54_25.png

Edited by Snowy L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Had some heavy rain with a few very wet snowflakes mixed in as it started to move away.

Posted

First shower here and it's all rain at 100m.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

First shower here and it's all rain at 100m.

Only chance for a snow shower will be between 7pm-10pm. DPs are high right now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
5 minutes ago, Empire Of Snow said:

Only chance for a snow shower will be between 7pm-10pm. DPs are high right now. 

Agreed for the first time this Winter I can safely say  ❄️ Some of us could wake up to a dusting come tomorrow morning ❄️

64458B50-1E60-411B-AFD2-E962B29E0D54.thumb.png.4e3756a289bd7d1bcd05cad6d5483ca0.pngA694091B-8762-499E-B3D3-23372A699764.thumb.png.c8eb7a9ebcb4461a7bbd4c6d74e6923f.png

• Like 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Agreed for the first time this Winter I can safely say  ❄️ Some of us could wake up to a dusting come tomorrow morning ❄️

64458B50-1E60-411B-AFD2-E962B29E0D54.thumb.png.4e3756a289bd7d1bcd05cad6d5483ca0.pngA694091B-8762-499E-B3D3-23372A699764.thumb.png.c8eb7a9ebcb4461a7bbd4c6d74e6923f.png

Could be Stoke’s second snow event of the winter. Always snows here when we get a north westerly. Bemuses me that warnings and forecasts largely ignore the snow risk here in these setups.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
10 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Could be Stoke’s second snow event of the winter. Always snows here when we get a north westerly. Bemuses me that warnings and forecasts largely ignore the snow risk here in these setups.

Just shows how crappy this winter has been Matt, I hear excitement in your words stating this could be Stokes SECOND snow event *if you want to call it that* how sad it’s been hey, I’ve had now’t so far, if I see snowfall that’ll be great

Also I’m keeping one eye on Thursday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Trying to work out if it will snow in the Midlands is like the 1st time I did Algebra at school. Marginal and Nowcasting definately sums it up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Eerie mammatus clouds passing here now in front of that showery band, hopefully most of us will see at least something wintry out of it. Was sleety with this mornings showers but mostly just rain so hopefully that starts to change now with Temps and DPs dropping.

Photo doesn't really do it justice.

87491944_1240717986318866_1037384749745700864_n.jpg

Edited by Sparkiee storm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Wondering if we get any Cheshire gap jobbie set up tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Just hail out there atm, guessing it’s just not cold enough yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Drifting Snow, Torrential Rain, Scorching Sun.

Having spells of long wintry showers in Stiperstones village, starts off rain and sleet and soon turns to snow, big flakes, very wet, is forming slushy surfaces. Hill is white.

Posted

Not quite what I'd call full on snow here, but definitly getting more wintry with some small slushy deposits on car windscreens building up.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Gord said:

Not quite what I'd call full on snow here, but definitly getting more wintry with some small slushy deposits on car windscreens building up.

Strange full on snow here grass and pavements are covered. Good signs for later.

Edited by snowstorm27x
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, snowstorm27x said:

Strange full on snow here grass and pavements are covered. Good signs for later.

It must be heavier enough your way to make that difference. But yes, it's encouraging.

Edit: In fact, closer inspection of the radar confirms it. You were right under the heaviest core of that shower.

Edited by Gord

Posted

It must be heavier enough your way to make that difference. But yes, it's encouraging.

Edit: In fact, closer inspection of the radar confirms it. You were right under the heaviest core of that shower.

It is also snowing and sticking in Edgbaston/Harborne

Posted

Yep heaviest snow of the Winter I have seen so far. Looks like West Brom next. But after missing every shower last time it's nice to catch one and see daytime snowfall.

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowstorm27x said:

Yep heaviest snow of the Winter I have seen so far. Looks like West Brom next. But after missing every shower last time it's nice to catch one and see daytime snowfall.

And after all that, we're now getting precipitation that is definitly something I'd call snow! And it's not overly heavy now so temperatures must have dropped. Now that is encouraging!

Edited by Gord