Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
11 minutes ago, Snowsie said:

As much as I love extreme weather I’m really hoping it eases soon. Got to get my daughter to school for 3.30am as she is on a trip to Iceland flying out in the morning ✈️  ❄️ 

Don’t think I’m going to be getting much sleep tonight 

I concur, wish this storm would do one now, I’m fed up with this wind.  Don’t know if another squall line has just past over us but the wind was insane.   Getting annoying now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

I for one is loving this weather and will top it off if we get snow tomorrow 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

would love to see some snow I really would but all this horrendous wind no thanks, its just dangerous.  Give me a December 2010 freezing spell (wistfully I recall it) over these type of wind storms any day.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Snow band a touch further South on gfs as is the snow risk. I think Buxton will do really well and the rest of the Midlands sleet and snow mix. Uppers look to marginal to me. Still enough time for changes just need a tiny upgrade.

• Like 2

Posted
35 minutes ago, snowstorm27x said:

Snow band a touch further South on gfs as is the snow risk. I think Buxton will do really well and the rest of the Midlands sleet and snow mix. Uppers look to marginal to me. Still enough time for changes just need a tiny upgrade.

Whats euro4 looking like?gfs is pretty boring for the snow this afternoon!!especially for the south and east of the region!

Posted

Actually just checked the euro4 and a similar downgrade to gfs not even expecting a cm now lol!!ah well hopefully it dont snow at all so then i can say to my kids when they grow up u will not get a worse and snowless winter than 2019/2020 so chin up kids cant get any worse!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
20 minutes ago, shaky said:

Actually just checked the euro4 and a similar downgrade to gfs not even expecting a cm now lol!!ah well hopefully it dont snow at all so then i can say to my kids when they grow up u will not get a worse and snowless winter than 2019/2020 so chin up kids cant get any worse!

Can u post a picture of euro 4 chances I can’t seem to get it on the phone

Posted

Well just had light shower with some snow flakes mixed in so I’d say there’s a good chance later as long as we get the showers

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Well just had light shower with some snow flakes mixed in so I’d say there’s a good chance later as long as we get the showers

Fingers crossed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
6 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

hail here, left slight dusting,

Posted
1 hour ago, shaky said:

Yep as I said main band is further South and uppers not as good. Sleet or a flurry the best we can hope for. Even that risk is in the early hours tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I sit at around 170m here just east of Quinton, Birmingham. Quinton itself (20 min walk) sits around 240m and just west of Bearwood (15 min walk) there's a hill that sits at around 260m. If those two peaks don't receive snow then it's hopeless everywhere else across the region away from the Peak District. 

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted
5 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

I sit at around 170m here just east of Quinton, Birmingham. Quinton itself (20 min walk) sits around 240m and just west of Bearwood (15 min walk) there's a hill that sits at around 260m. If those two peaks don't receive snow then it's hopeless everywhere else across the region away from the Peak District. 

I am 502 msl. Still best bet for guaranteed snow is about 30 minute drive to Buxton.

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowstorm27x said:

I am 502 msl. Still best bet for guaranteed snow is about 30 minute drive to Buxton.

Highest peak in the conurbation is Turner's peak at around 275msl so I'd be very surprised! 

Posted
15 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

Highest peak in the conurbation is Turner's peak at around 275msl so I'd be very surprised! 

Meant foot lol dont know what it converts to in meteres. Probs around the same as you. Either way Buxton is our best bet 

20200210_091224.jpg

Edited by snowstorm27x

Posted
1 minute ago, snowstorm27x said:

Meant foot lol dont know what it converts to in meteres. Probs around the same as you.

20200210_091224.jpg

About 150m. If you can, get yourself up Darby's hill next Oakham (Near you), that's more than a 100m higher and you stand a much better chance of seeing stuff. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

About 150m. If you can, get yourself up Darby's hill next Oakham (Near you), that's more than a 100m higher and you stand a much better chance of seeing stuff. 

Will do. It's sad times now. We really are scrapping the barrel this winter just to see a snowflake lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
30 minutes ago, snowstorm27x said:

was thinking 0ldbury is nowhere near 500m asl!

Posted

It’s around 700 ft here and the amount of times Iv left work in rain and got home to thick snow well tbh Iv lost count lol

Edited by markw2680
Edit

Posted
8 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

It’s around 700 ft here and the amount of times Iv left work in rain and got home to thick snow well tbh Iv lost count lol

Yh lol I know what you mean and yh the elevation checker fooled me lol. Still shows flurries for the Midlands early hours tomoz so hopefully it wont go down as a snowless Winter.

Edited by snowstorm27x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

25.6 mm yesterday was the largest daily rainfall in February here since 2011 when 37.5 mm fell on the 5th. The highest gust of 73 mph was the highest in February since 80 mph on the 23rd in 2017.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Front incoming from the west, Will be interesting where/if any snow falls from this. The North Midlands here is under a yellow warning for snow and ice from 3pm. A little further North than net/wx expected

440683472_viewimage-2020-02-10T105755_515.thumb.png.239dfb62429003187f22b81f3c04d092.png

Screenshot_20200210_105305_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime