DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Down to -3.1C overnight (04:00 when the dewpoint was -3.4C), before the mist and fog came down.

Currently rising slowly at -0.8C with lots of mist and fog.

MIA

Last night's minimum was -2.3 °C; max today was 3.4 °C. Currently spot on freezing. Once the fog lifted it was the second successive glorious winter's (okay, late autumn's) day of the sort I've been waiting to appear for weeks and weeks until Friday: the sunshine and light winds meant it didn't even feel especially cold. Mist lingered in the Severn Valley until lunchtime, and frost hung on in the shade, which made for some attractive views (see attached photo).

All in all, today and yesterday have been massively preferable to what we've endured over the last month. I'm even feeling reasonably sanguine about the prospect of more rain at the end of the week -- at least we get a break first! 🙂

MistyValley.jpg

Edited by Arctic Hare
add current temp
  • Like 1

Yes same here TM, Only very light but nice to see.

• Like 1

Lovely to hear of the snow showers further North.

Cloud from the south stopped an air frost here (min 0.8C)

Cloud now clearing, with a moderate easterly breeze setting in.

Current temp now at 3.1C,

MIA,   

Amazing Sunset tonight, looked like the entire Western horizon was ablaze!  The glow stretched at least 2/3rds the way round the horizon.  Looked fantastic! 

IMG_20191201_164248.jpg

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 3

Hard Frost o/n..

Batteries packed in on my receiver unit at -2.4C so do not know the minimum.

I have also lost all the history that the  unit keeps!!Ah well its happened at the start of the month, and we have had no rainfall yet, so at least that side is OK.

MIA

All those amazing charts being discussed in the model thread about snowfall. Obviously a way out still funny though I'm sat in the snowless part in the middle.. Haha

Will see how these charts develop alot are getting carried away in there.

Heavy persistent showers rattling in from the West here now on a strong wind.

Rain just edging in here with winds picking up, Temp 3c. A day in for me today..

Edited by Polar Maritime

Gale force gusts here currently with driving Rain showers, Plenty more rain strong winds to come looking at the radar with squall lines in the mix as the cooler air pushes S/E.

Insane Squall line just came through, was ridiculously heavy, rain was hitting the roads so hard it was creating a ground fog/mist effect.  Only thing missing was lightning, would have made for an awesome tropical-like downpour 😛  Definatly gonna be some serious flooding around here despite it only lasting 10 mins or so.

Edited by Ryukai

high parts of this region laughing Saturday night, they will see snow, peaks/Staffs hills, parts of W Midlands, have a white wake up Sun AM, but here just normal and soggy

Won't be any visible evidence of snow on the ground here Sunday morning, unless the wrekin (which can be seen from 30 miles away) is high enough to pinch a few flakes.

Nothing like more flooding rain. Go away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Polar Maritime said:

Watching the radar now for any incoming snow.

Your not the only one 😜

Hopefully the Stoke on Trent 'Void zone' doesn't rear it's head, but right now there's nothing happening where I am, not even drizzle, despite being completely surrounded by rain according to the radar.  (why interesting weather seams to vanish when it gets anywhere near to us here is beyond me 😢 )

Heavy rain here it's just too warm 4.2c Dp 0c I will keep watching radar as this is the best we have had so far cold rain😢 flooding round here fed up with it. Most likely just rain for here tonight.

Edited by WinterWilf
Spelling