DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Clouds burnt off here now with wall to wall sunshine and feels very warm.

16 hours ago, RobR said:

I saw a glimpse of light about 9pm but then it went. Tuesday night was hideously dark which is a shame as these are our longest light evenings. I don't see this lifting tomorrow but still. Can hope for Saturday to be at least one nice day.

mist will be back tomorrow, here anyway, certainly chilly early on as well, feels we're about 6 weeks behind, that 'orrid north sea is cold

I take back my comments yesterday, it's been blue sky and no clouds all day long! Except the brisk breeze is a little cool, but was nice for walking this evening.

9 hours ago, RobR said:

I take back my comments yesterday, it's been blue sky and no clouds all day long! Except the brisk breeze is a little cool, but was nice for walking this evening.

expect the same today, where here of course wall to wall mist

3 hours ago, Sweatyman said:

whats this crap spreading from the south west

only very light cirrus, but it must be the signs of Saturday nights front

Slow start here in northants. Very misty. 

Let's hope for a few 30s across the region today. Extra special being a Saturday and the BBQs will be out in force 🙂

Morning, everyone. Past 20 °C here already, and feeling quite muggy. Veil of high cloud with not a lot of sunshine. Hoping that burns off in the next couple of hours and we get one properly hot day (meaning 30 °C or so) before things cool off again tomorrow. At least the mid-term outlook from the models seems quite benign -- at last!

Just driven Hadfield to Newmills and its 24°C, only dropping to 23°C as I went over Chunel Hill.  

Lots of Acas clouds around and very close

2 hours ago, Arctic Hare said:

Morning, everyone. Past 20 °C here already, and feeling quite muggy. Veil of high cloud with not a lot of sunshine. Hoping that burns off in the next couple of hours and we get one properly hot day (meaning 30 °C or so) before things cool off again tomorrow. At least the mid-term outlook from the models seems quite benign -- at last!

melting away here Dave, getting hot even now

29 - 30°C in Glossop and that was at 11.35

Quite recently reached 30*C in this part (now 30.2*C to be precise). Pretty much blue sky all around! Really June-like at the moment. ☀️

Hit 31.2c here, thank god it’s fresher tomorrow.....25c and sunny is good enough for me.🌞

30c has been hit for the first time this year. I prefer mid twenties but it is nice to have the occasional 30C+ day.

Gone cloudy here now, still humid but frustrating that it has clouded over so soon.

3 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Hit 31.2c here, thank god it’s fresher tomorrow.....25c and sunny is good enough for me.🌞

Aye, spent last 3 months wanting it to warm up, sick of the cold, and a horrid day like Wed just gone, now wanting it to cool down

4 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Aye, spent last 3 months wanting it to warm up, sick of the cold, and a horrid day like Wed just gone, now wanting it to cool down

Still 30c here at 7pm, soon to be clouding over though, showers in places, especially in the north of our region

FE45AEC9-50FD-4A01-951F-0FA1AB5C4E15.thumb.png.6c29fb8d4c328b2ced775739d8c5bc10.png

Sun turning more hazy here now and clouding over slowly but surely. Still incredibly humid though. 

Could really do with a storm to clear the air. 

Maxed out at 30.2 °C today, although I was in Worcester all day which I believe was a couple of degrees hotter. Certainly felt easily the hottest day of the year -- I needed two ice creams! 😄 Much cooler and cloudier now, after a brief and very light shower at around 7pm.