Midlands Regional Discussion

Heavy wet snow here, t+1.2C/td+0.5C

Its all snow, despite conditions far more marginal than that system in late Jan that just gave sleet and rain. Only a bit of slushy accumulation on favoured surfaces e.g. cars, but the temp is still falling

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, I have to reply to this because it's misleading the entire thread, iv studied radars and the weather all my life, the low pressure that formed along the south side of the main low is pushing east,

Nathan "not a weatherman" Rao of the Express says "Army on Standby as heaviest SNOWFALL hits in next 24 hours" What a bellend!    

Posted Images

Currently 2.4 °C and heavy sleet in a strong W wind. Really very unpleasant conditions. :cold:

Edit: now down to 1.7 °C and snowing! Huge flakes. Judging by the radar it won't last, but this is still about the best snow I've seen all winter! ?

Edited by Arctic Hare

Similar sort of shower recently passed through here with a mixture of rain, graupel and sleet (a few actual snowflakes mixed in too). Was very squally with some strong gusts of wind. 

been a good day out in the Peaks and in the snow.

winnatts pass, mam tor etc.

plenty of snow and 2 feet drifts in the hollows on hill walk.

plenty more snow showers coming through over night.

• Like 1

More in the way of wet snow in the recent wintry shower that’s been rolling through. So certainly heading in the right direction! 

No doubt those of you on the peaks will fair the best.

Edited by DiagonalRedLine