DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Just now, Vmistry said:

The South gets a bit of snow and it's all over the news 😂😂

Over a foot isn’t really a bit though is it 

Snow shower moving perfectly to hit Stoke. Weakening a little though.

5 minutes ago, ptow said:

Over a foot isn’t really a bit though is it 

Oh stop rubbing it buddy😢

17 minutes ago, shaky said:

That's wrong on so many levels, especially if it's over a foot....

Don't know the temperature but must be higher as Tuesday's snow and the ice is thawing even out of the sun. Looks like another snow shower about to start, but pretty to see rather than of any significance.

21 minutes ago, shaky said:

No, not me sadly. Although do have 11cm. 

Can’t see anything other than a few flakes at best for today and the next few days looks like it is going to get progressively milder so looks like our next chance of any snow is at least another week away. 

Edited by Josh Rubio

Will be surprised to see anything in the near future, there may be at best a few random flakes falling, which will amount to diddly squat.

It was frosty at times and the frost did stick to the trees at one point which when a slight breeze picked up looked like snow falling, maybe this place will oneday get excitable about frosts.

anyone know what happened to Mr Crazy snowfan?

14 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

That shower died as soon as it hit Stoke. Ah well.

not enough in them and no wind to drive them over leek/buxton. the peaks just suck the life out of them

4 hours ago, MattStoke said:

I had next to nothing in Stoke.

So far, this is the worst winter ever here, just 3 smatterings, and I'm writing off first 10 days of Feb, still hope way may see something 2nd half Feb, until early Apr, but have a feeling we may not

throw me toys now, but kinda don't mind the milder air Monday, thaw all that snow, roll on Tues, we're all in the same boat, on the next chase

I've been waiting all day for a snow shower, and then one finally arrives but turns straight to rain!!

Not a thing here. Everything has melted too. 

37 minutes ago, Ninman said:

I've been waiting all day for a snow shower, and then one finally arrives but turns straight to rain!!

That's called melting. It happens to us all, even icecream.

We have light snow here been coming down for about ten minutes seems to be coming from the Derby area making its way down from what I can see on the radar. May be abit more to come if the wind is right 

Edited by snowqueen1979
Add extra info

No settled snow around here this winter, although plenty of cold weather to ensure the heating needs to stay on and it is a constant battle to keep my home warm. Also having to scrape the car most mornings. Complete lack of much weather at all. For those reasons I would say this winter has been one of the worst as i hate the cold unless it comes with the reward of snow. Counting down until we can get some spring warmth. Until then I would prefer mild and wet.

I hate mild winter weather. Grey skies, boring, miserable, rubbish for photography and long walks, getting soaked by rain and battered by wind every time I go outside, and it's not even warm. Eugh. No thanks.

Edited by MattStoke

How is that heavy precip still lingering around the South East??

Looks like we could finally have a little snow shower on the way to Leicester, will be the first 

4 minutes ago, Zak 92 said:

Looks like we could finally have a little snow shower on the way to Leicester, will be the first 

Will probably die out hahah

1 minute ago, Vmistry said:

Will probably die out hahah

It’s pretty close so we could get to see a bit falling if we are lucky aha

9206EAA2-721C-4BBF-AD80-5A02453B04FD.png

5 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

Latest GFS does not make pleasant viewing.

not bad if you're after Spring, but is deep FI, won't turn out like this, probably more like wet and 7 degrees

ukmaxtemp.png

18 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

I hate mild winter weather. Grey skies, boring, miserable, rubbish for photography and long walks, getting soaked by rain and battered by wind every time I go outside, and it's not even warm. Eugh. No thanks.

The bit in bold typifies this winter, at least round here. Granted, there hasn't been the rain and wind though. As someone that likes exciting weather I would take a winter gale with squally showers over this winters offering any day. Ultimately though, I just can't wait for the spring and the storms.