DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Not even the slightest hint of snow here in Leicester. Absolutely pathetic and by one of the worst winters so far for snow in the East Midlands. 

It looks possible for a few snow showers to move inland from the east today, although patchy and light but better than nowt!

Sleet now..... looks as if coming  from Hull,Lincoln  way not from the south.... Ashbourne 

4 minutes ago, Ninman said:

It looks possible for a few snow showers to move inland from the east today, although patchy and light but better than nowt!

Yes keeping an eye on them, Some could at least get a covering of a few cm.

light covering of snow in the alpine regions of Northamptonshire but not enough to open the ski slopes....

No snow    The panic on the TV  because the south have had a few cm  is laughable  though   awful winter this year  just benin weather that seems to have lasted all winter   

Actually, for me, this has been the biggest letdown that I can remember.

Buntingford, my former hometown got a decent cover in Hertfordshire today and got a modest cover on Tuesday
Hull, my former university city got snow throughout the night and will see snow showers today
York, I worked there for just over a year and will see snow throughout today. 

Birmingham...well...😂

Edited by PerfectStorm

Both my former homes, Epsom and Charlwood got a reasonable amount last night. Meh. Shame.

Yeah zero sign of any snow in Leicester. On the positive side, I saw three 1mm size flakes on the way to work which means I have, technically atleast, seen it snow in leicester this year 😁

Well nothing here overnight, but I didnt expect it so not let down.

METO has me down for 3 hours of sleet from 12 LOL

The main band keeps edging very slowly North West but seems to be dying out as it does, and there are showers moving South West from the North Sea, but again dying out as they do................................WTF do I live in the middle of England!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arghhhhhhhhhhhh

Nothing here not even any more snow grains,didn`t really expect that to shift any further north,last time I looked.

Got down to -1.9c still got Tuesday`s covering doubt its drifted though,will check soon.

Its still snowing here, decent sized flakes coming down now and have been for about 30mins so far.

Looking good.

Looking at the activity over the North Sea, it looks less lively than it was a couple of hours ago, so i doubt anything will fall today, not with that band of snow to the south-east of my location so close anyway.

Edited by DIS1970

Lived in Poole for 10 years up until August last year. Irony is that down on the south coast they have seen more snow this winter than up here! Lol. 

As I said yesterday. Roll on spring. Done with all this for another year. 

8 minutes ago, chillyblast said:

Its still snowing here, decent sized flakes coming down now and have been for about 30mins so far.

Looking good.

Where r u located?

Been disappointing, but was probably expected. 

Same with some others, doesn’t look like anything fell here last night! 😟

Can only hope for those that haven’t seen even a flake, that some snow showers will come and smash our snow shields.  

This is the ideal scenario if you want a heavy snowfall, last March 1st/2nd, my wife and i went to a Paul Weller gig in Birmingham, but it was cancelled, stations were closed, we would of been stranded there if we hadn't booked a hotel for the night. 

BRA_1_2018030200_45.thumb.png.64d79fa929f5fa90f784392ead923e80.png

Just up at Ringing Low snow showers starting to blow in here. Temp -2c

IMG_20190201_090350.thumb.jpg.0e51a2418869efa6c5950e137185198a.jpg