DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Even Oxford looks like it is getting in on the act 😲. A couple of hours ago it was struggling to get there

36 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

So with reports of no snow yet in Northampton, I'm guessing the current PPN showing for that area is anaprop?😒

Work in Northampton nothing

You know what is frustrating, I came back home to Leicester a few days ago from my uni in hertfordshire as back then it was looking like midlands was the sweet spot...now the london area seems to be doing good out of this 😠😠

4 minutes ago, Vmistry said:

Even Oxford looks like it is getting in on the act 😲. A couple of hours ago it was struggling to get there

I'm in West Oxon and it's snowing quite nicely. Small dry flakes but doing the job! I always thought we were quite well placed for this although it looked touch and go earlier. ARPEGE and HIRLAM appear to have modelled this quite accurately

Edited by birdman

15 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

True although it looks like a shower is possible now in the next hour or so.

Yeovil Blizzard this was taken just.

IMG-20190131-WA0000.thumb.jpg.06b04a176af713b8e88594b461c6fc75.jpg

Should of just listened to you earlier about game over instead of checking radar lamppost and here all night lol

8 minutes ago, Vmistry said:

You know what is frustrating, I came back home to Leicester a few days ago from my uni in hertfordshire as back then it was looking like midlands was the sweet spot...now the london area seems to be doing good out of this 😠😠

I went to that uni. Saw my earliest ever snowfall there; A good few inches at end of October 2008.

Just had word from a friend in Worcester that it is not snowing there, whatever the radar may be showing.

15 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

bracka.gif

6pm.

What does that mean i have a nightmare reading fax charts l

10 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Just had word from a friend in Worcester that it is not snowing there, whatever the radar may be showing.

Just started to snow 1 mile north of Worcester city centre. V light but snow nonetheless 

The cloud spilling ahead from it all is preventing what would have been another stunning frost. Not a great winter's night for weather lovers in the West Midlands.

Hopefully the cloud can clear quick tomorrow so we can get some clear and crisp conditions back. This week has been a let down for snow. 

Until next time, which hopefully will be soon.

Edited by Gord

I just can't see it moving any further north now its been stuck at worcester for a while. 

Looks like the light rain band just keeps fizzling out over Northampton and struggles to make it any further north. Though the heavier precipitation behind it looks interesting. Looks like its heading North/North West, hopefully it doesn't loose intensity and fizzle out. 

Just seen a Facebook post showing snow falling in Hull. Nothing on the radar up there.

Just now, MattStoke said:

Just seen a Facebook post showing snow falling in Hull. Nothing on the radar up there.

Shower just passed through. 

after all that yellow warning of snow from the Met nothing has come of it tonight at least on Tuesday we had some sleety snow but today nothing and I personally think it’s all over for our region tonight. 😞

57 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Those showers coming in from the East tomorrow look promising and plentiful.

yeah right

56 minutes ago, pegg24 said:

Work in Northampton nothing

northampton has nothing as per usual

1 minute ago, snow freak said:

Work over here very strange even Kettering and corby do better.

23 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

Looks like the light rain band just keeps fizzling out over Northampton and struggles to make it any further north. Though the heavier precipitation behind it looks interesting. Looks like its heading North/North West, hopefully it doesn't loose intensity and fizzle out. 

we havent had anything in northampton.  at this point even rain would have been some kind of result.  this winter is crap.

Just now, snow freak said:

i agree.  northampton has nothing going for it full stop

Those dozy sods have still got those warnings out for the mids, when it's clear on here nowt is falling anywhere.

5 minutes ago, snow freak said:

i agree.  northampton has nothing going for it full stop

well move

the midlands has had sod all from this meagre offering,  this winter has been the pits to be honest.  sick of chasing snow that never materialieses now.  bring on the summer