Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Midlands Regional Discussion


Recommended Posts

Posted
  • Location: Leicestershire (hinckley)
  • Location: Leicestershire (hinckley)
    2 minutes ago, shaky said:

    Yup gfs didnt have any snow till between 3 and 6am for us

    The 18z GFS pushes the precipitation further east. One area north of London stays under snowfalp for 30 hours according to that run though. ?

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 7.3k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Popular Posts

    Ok, I have to reply to this because it's misleading the entire thread, iv studied radars and the weather all my life, the low pressure that formed along the south side of the main low is pushing east,

    Nathan "not a weatherman" Rao of the Express says "Army on Standby as heaviest SNOWFALL hits in next 24 hours" What a bellend!    

    Posted Images

    Posted
  • Location: leicester
  • Location: leicester
    1 minute ago, MKN said:

    The 18z GFS pushes the precipitation further east. One area north of London stays under snowfalp for 30 hours according to that run though. ?

    Further east? what does that mean for us lol!!

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Upton, Northampton.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
  • Location: Upton, Northampton.
    1 minute ago, shaky said:

    Yup gfs didnt have any snow till between 3 and 6am for us

    Having just seen the 18z GFS run, it does look a bit worse for anywhere north of Oxfordshire now ?

     

    If you compare it to this mornings 06z run, it shifts it Southwards a fair bit. Still, I stick to what I said a minute ago, I don't think it's over yet?

    image.thumb.png.6c4634c6236c79cc5d8803a3b1c5257b.png

    image.thumb.png.7db76e05e692df0578f4797b3ad604ca.png

     

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Upton, Northampton.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
  • Location: Upton, Northampton.

    So with reports of no snow yet in Northampton, I'm guessing the current PPN showing for that area is anaprop??

    Edited by andy_leics22
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Longton, Stoke-on-Trent.
  • Location: Longton, Stoke-on-Trent.
    5 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

    I was thinking then, surely it's all relative? -16C uppers were moderated somewhat by the strengthening sun...still bitterly cold mind. -8C uppers in December weren't moderated and broke local seasonal temperature records. 

    I guess though a 'beast' in its strictest sense is an easterly with extremely cold uppers. 

    What I mean is, just imagine how cold it would be if we had those -16 uppers in mid winter with the very weak sun.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Wildwood, Stafford 104m asl
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
  • Location: Wildwood, Stafford 104m asl
    4 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

    What I mean is, just imagine how cold it would be if we had those -16 uppers in mid winter with the very weak sun.

    be snowier with more convection off warmer seas,

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: leicester
  • Location: leicester
    10 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

    Having just seen the 18z GFS run, it does look a bit worse for anywhere north of Oxfordshire now ?

     

    If you compare it to this mornings 06z run, it shifts it Southwards a fair bit. Still, I stick to what I said a minute ago, I don't think it's over yet?

    image.thumb.png.6c4634c6236c79cc5d8803a3b1c5257b.png

    image.thumb.png.7db76e05e692df0578f4797b3ad604ca.png

     

    After looking at this i most certainly am calling it a night!!

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: North West Leicestershire
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
  • Location: North West Leicestershire
    7 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

    So with reports of no snow yet in Northampton, I'm guessing the current PPN showing for that area is anaprop??

    I think it’s all over for Leicestershire Andy ?

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: worcester
  • Weather Preferences: Cold cold cold!!
  • Location: worcester
    6 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

    So with reports of no snow yet in Northampton, I'm guessing the current PPN showing for that area is anaprop??

    As I was getting impatient I took a drive south from Worcester thru’ Malvern and then over to Tewksbury and all I can report is a few flakes, so anaprop is probably a good bet. Need heavier band further south to keep pushing North. 

    MNR

    • Thanks 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Oldbury, West midlands
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
  • Location: Oldbury, West midlands

    Some small ppn looks like making it to Birmingham.

    1612346295_SmartSelect_20190131-220716_WeatherRadar.thumb.jpg.4ba45ecc7a33f08b5e71564939ab1b0d.jpg

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Upton, Northampton.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
  • Location: Upton, Northampton.
    2 minutes ago, #windysnow# said:

    I think it’s all over for Leicestershire Andy ?

    I'll admit, that 18z run has killed it a bit ? 

     

    I still think some light snow will reach Leicestershire but there's no doubt it has shifted southwards on that run. Anyway, we are currently in 'nowcasting' mode so anything is possible.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Stratford Upon Avon 82m asl
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather
  • Location: Stratford Upon Avon 82m asl
    1 minute ago, snowangel32 said:

    Some small ppn looks like making it to Birmingham.

    1612346295_SmartSelect_20190131-220716_WeatherRadar.thumb.jpg.4ba45ecc7a33f08b5e71564939ab1b0d.jpg

    don't get too excited, the radars have been showing light snow over us but there is nothing falling!

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Oldbury, West midlands
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
  • Location: Oldbury, West midlands
    2 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

    don't get too excited, the radars have been showing light snow over us but there is nothing falling!

    Mage a gif just for you lol. Still hope and it is moving North no doubt. Still hope of a dusting and slight upgrade by Met

    2005083194_SmartSelect_20190131-221354_WeatherRadar.thumb.gif.46c4222f378d9a91d06dab2ca440c10b.gif

    SmartSelect_20190131-220716_Weather&Radar.jpg

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Stratford Upon Avon 82m asl
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather
  • Location: Stratford Upon Avon 82m asl

     

    2 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

    Mage a gif just for you lol. Still hope and it is moving North no doubt. Still hope of a dusting and slight upgrade by Met

    2005083194_SmartSelect_20190131-221354_WeatherRadar.thumb.gif.46c4222f378d9a91d06dab2ca440c10b.gif

    SmartSelect_20190131-220716_Weather&Radar.jpg

    Thanks! I don't think it is much to get excited about though!

    Edited by Serendipity
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Frankley, Birmingham 250masl
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
  • Location: Frankley, Birmingham 250masl

    Think I’ve finally given up on this poxy crap now, you no there’s probably more chance of getting snow tomorrow from showers and will probably be heavier than this crap in the south anyway

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Frankley, Birmingham 250masl
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
  • Location: Frankley, Birmingham 250masl
    On 30/01/2019 at 22:08, markw2680 said:

    Have to say the latest charts do still seem adamant on a slight shift even more south at this rate it may just touch the Cotswolds. Think we could all do with a good 100 mile shift north in the morning 

    Haha posted this yesterday about this time didn’t actually think it would be the case though

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: pelsall, 500ft asl (west mids)
  • Location: pelsall, 500ft asl (west mids)

    Looks decent in Devon and Cornwall on news 

     

    not quite Chicago though ?

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Oldbury, West midlands
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
  • Location: Oldbury, West midlands
    Just now, markw2680 said:

    Think I’ve finally given up on this poxy crap now, you no there’s probably more chance of getting snow tomorrow from showers and will probably be heavier than this crap in the south anyway

    True although it looks like a shower is possible now in the next hour or so.

    Yeovil Blizzard this was taken just.

    IMG-20190131-WA0000.thumb.jpg.06b04a176af713b8e88594b461c6fc75.jpg

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: stoke on trent
  • Location: stoke on trent
    1 minute ago, snowangel32 said:

    True although it looks like a shower is possible now in the next hour or so.

    Yeovil Blizzard this was taken just.

    IMG-20190131-WA0000.thumb.jpg.06b04a176af713b8e88594b461c6fc75.jpg

    irony is in about two weeks the south and south east crewe will still be moaning that they never get snow. the way its hugging the southern counties its turned into a channel runner rather than a sliding low....winter 2019 storms on and on #yawn

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: East of Loughborough! 84m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!
  • Location: East of Loughborough! 84m ASL

    I know the primary is snow, but I have actually enjoyed following this "event". I have found it fascinating as to the amount of changes in forecasts and the downgrading/upgrading. 

    I think I have learnt more about the weather with this than ever before. 

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Leicester Forest East (Leicestershire)
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter
  • Location: Leicester Forest East (Leicestershire)

    Even Oxford looks like it is getting in on the act ?. A couple of hours ago it was struggling to get there

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest
    This topic is now closed to further replies.
    • Week Ahead: Bimbling lows keeping the weather unsettled, showery and cool

      Low pressure is going to keep doing its thing during the upcoming week, rolling in from the Atlantic, then hanging around to bring days of sunshine and showers with occasional longer spells of rain. Read the full update here

      Netweather forecasts
      Netweather forecasts
      Latest weather updates from Netweather

      UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

      UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2021-05-16 06:49:50 Valid: 16/05/2021 0600 - 17/05/2021 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - SUN 16TH MAY 2021 Click here for the full forecast

      Nick F
      Nick F
      Latest weather updates from Netweather

      UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

      UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2021-05-15 09:37:16 Valid: 15/05/2021 0600 - 16/05/2021 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - SAT 15TH MAY 2021 Click here for the full forecast

      Nick F
      Nick F
      Latest weather updates from Netweather
    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...