Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Been a bit better this decade. Not the same as a few decades ago though.

back then too, these systems would track further north, bringing snow to Staffs/Cheshire and the south rain and 10 degrees, now they track south, giving us nothing and the south snow, and rain south of the channel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

It’s definitely still moving north so who knows

Posted

Just to clear some facts right about Leicester and other East Midlands areas. We have right now a NE flow/direction of wind. The only way to get any ppn in the area is either having showers that have developed on our NE or the main front moves NE and have a convergence. The latter is very unlikely. I'm in UK for more than 5 years now and I haven't experienced any significant convergence tbh. That said, I'll be surprised if Leicester and surroundings will even see some flurries tonight. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)
5 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

More good news ...

On the latest radar precipitation is developing in the North Sea (off East Anglia) and just off the Thames Est.

It seems to be joining up with the French moisture.

This might just inject more moisture for us!

It is what I was hoping would happen.

Fingers crossed.

MIA

Will keep an eye on that!

And French Moisture.....ooo errr Monsieur!

Edited by Barometer Cat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Now snowing lightly in West Malvern!

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

Same. It's funny sat in the office at work with all the plebs chatting utter crap about the weather. I have to really resist the urge to correct them all the time. 

oh, you mean the "they can't tell the weather tomorrow, let alone next week" brigade?  and the "If I want to know what the weather is going to do, i stick my head out the window" empasis on the 'going to do' bit

what a bunch of idiots 

Posted
7 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Slight showers now starting to break out by Brum and the Black country  nothing major but its a start 

Where about ? 

Posted
5 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

back then too, these systems would track further north, bringing snow to Staffs/Cheshire and the south rain and 10 degrees, now they track south, giving us nothing and the south snow, and rain south of the channel

Aye. I remember that happening many times when I lived in London. Several times I went to bed with the TV forecasts predicting snow, only to wake up to rain. That’s why I got into looking at the computer models for myself; I want to know why snow predictions kept going wrong.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter

Do you think the snow would have no problem settling even if it is light as the ground is cold enough or???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
10 minutes ago, Empire Of Snow said:

Just to clear some facts right about Leicester and other East Midlands areas. We have right now a NE flow/direction of wind. The only way to get any ppn in the area is either having showers that have developed on our NE or the main front moves NE and have a convergence. The latter is very unlikely. I'm in UK for more than 5 years now and I haven't experienced any significant convergence tbh. That said, I'll be surprised if Leicester and surroundings will even see some flurries tonight. 

I'm pretty certain that Leicester will at the very least see a dusting tonight. We'll see how it goes though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

That stronger and more intense band on the radar spreads from Devon to Northern France. Creeping north and as @Midlands Ice Age says links up with precip in the channel, definitely heading North!  Actually great viewing and wondering how far North it will swing! 

Posted
Just now, Ian Ballinger said:

Well my weather station is predicting precipitation, and it's normally right

I had a guy on the local Facebook weather group  been insisting for the past 2 days that its only going to be rain here because that's what his weather station was predicting! 

That said, so far we have nothing at all in Evesham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
3 minutes ago, shaky said:

Wow!precipitation so close to leicester!!cmon baby!!!

even closer to northampton....and we aint got nothing yet.  all the years i lived in wales and had sod all snow and then i move to east midlands and the lack of snow follows me.  i'm cursed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!
28 minutes ago, Barometer Cat said:

wow - avoided the radar for a good hour or so and what a difference!  

View with animation on gives a bit of a clue as to what might happen.  If the pink blobs make it as far as me I might go for a walk (unless its past midnight or something..)☺️

Hope it picks up more and across the East and West mids!

It's toddling northwards at a bit of a lick!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

just went out side to check and nothing falling out of the sky yet here in Aston 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

☹️

Me too 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter

So close yet so far

Screenshot_20190131-202510_Chrome.jpg

Posted
25 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I understand comparing global weather patterns over the decades to understand how our climate is changing. So please could you elaborate further and explain how these global patterns might start making very similar weather systems in our little part of the World nudge just a meagre 50 to 100 miles. When looking at how our weather is changing, surely a more global perspective is needed?