DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Would this be the convergence I was talking about? Kudos to the models for picking it up IF that is the case though. 

2 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

Would this be the convergence I was talking about? Kudos to the models for picking it up IF that is the case though. 

Yup and it looks like its working its way towards leicester lol

I'll be happy just see some snow falling, I love watching the snow fall in front of the lampost, it's therapeutic. Sad I know 😔😔🤣

Just now, Vmistry said:

I'll be happy just see some snow falling, I love watching the snow fall in front of the lampost, it's therapeutic. Sad I know 😔😔🤣

I have stood underneath a lamppost before and snowbathed. I love the silence of it 🙂

Just now, Vmistry said:

Not sad! that is why we're all here. Nature is always better than watching the utter crap on TV. 

Fingers crossed for our area and other midlanders.

Right on the edge of it here in WR9, nothing happening yet but looking at the radar it’s moving. As soon as lamppost observations confirm flakes I’ll report in!

Anyone else think we are sad lol? We all no we are but it’s the way we are. It’s also depressing when it all looked so good a couple of days ago to nothing and now the hope it’s pepping up a bit and still moving north

Just now, markw2680 said:

Anyone else think we are sad lol? We all no we are but it’s the way we are. It’s also depressing when it all looked so good a couple of days ago to nothing and now the hope it’s pepping up a bit and still moving north

I don't think there's such thing when you're passionate about something. I love football, but when people dissect every game or get worked up when their team loses, I often think...I'm exactly like that too...just with the weather. 

7 minutes ago, Vmistry said:

its not sad at all! i have a webcam in the back yard that i keep staring at!

That bit west of northampton seems to be expanding, hopefully it continues to expand and move north 🤞

Screenshot_20190131-193341_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Ok, I have to reply to this because it's misleading the entire thread, iv studied radars and the weather all my life, the low pressure that formed along the south side of the main low is pushing east,  so whilst at the min it looks like it's fizzling on the western edge it's tempory, the front is beginning to pivot and will push northwest, with lots of moisture been dragged into the front ahead of it I expect it to pep up in the evening, 

Never take radar as gospel, it's a developing situation, don't give up hope

Good work, SSIB! Unlikely to come this far north but it's not over yet.

52 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

2 inches is only about 5cm though mate,  certainly possible tonight. I reckon Leicester will see prolonged light snowfall through tonight. Won't look impressive but it'll add up by the morning. The PPN looks to stall and slowly die away over Central areas overnight. 

Nice to see you still around Andy. Looks like your namesake Andy King is heading north on the M1 to us tonight!

3 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

I don't think there's such thing when you're passionate about something. I love football, but when people dissect every game or get worked up when their team loses, I often think...I'm exactly like that too...just with the weather. 

I’m like that with both 🙃

Just wish I knew someone outside of the internet who likes weather like I do 😌

1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Same. It's funny sat in the office at work with all the plebs chatting utter crap about the weather. I have to really resist the urge to correct them all the time. 

1 minute ago, Vmistry said:

Cmon pushhh you can do it

20190131_193945.jpg

Sounds like something a midwife would say. 

3 minutes ago, Vmistry said:

Cmon pushhh you can do it

20190131_193945.jpg

And on towards Loughborough 😂

2 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

Same. It's funny sat in the office at work with all the plebs chatting utter crap about the weather. I have to really resist the urge to correct them all the time. 

Haha. Yeah. I get people asking me what’s happening with the snow and saying they hope it doesn’t snow while I’m thinking ‘I hope it bloody does!’.

7 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

know nobody either, but everyone agrees that winters are not what they used to be, got worse every decade upto the christmas pudding, 00's worse than 90's, 90's worse than 80's, all the way like that until the 40's

wow - avoided the radar for a good hour or so and what a difference!  

View with animation on gives a bit of a clue as to what might happen.  If the pink blobs make it as far as me I might go for a walk (unless its past midnight or something..)☺️

Hope it picks up more and across the East and West mids!

5 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

know nobody either, but everyone agrees that winters are not what they used to be, got worse every decade upto the christmas pudding, 00's worse than 90's, 90's worse than 80's, all the way like that until the 40's

Been a bit better this decade. Not the same as a few decades ago though.

Edited by MattStoke

Slight showers now starting to break out by Brum and the Black country  nothing major but its a start 

More good news ...

On the latest radar precipitation is developing in the North Sea (off East Anglia) and just off the Thames Est.

It seems to be joining up with the French moisture.

This might just inject more moisture for us!

It is what I was hoping would happen.

Fingers crossed.

MIA