Jump to content
DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Recommended Posts

BBC have upgraded my home to two hours of light snow in the Mids. Here in Yeovil damm sleetiness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Vmistry said:

Then soon the interest will be middle of March, then end of March..

Yep, probably. But you never know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can acepect that snowmagedon wont happen  then the radar is looking alright   The lighter precipitation is moving at some lick northwards  and most should see some snow i would have thought    Im quite enjoying watching it unfold

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

If you can expect that snowmagedon wont happen  then the radar is looking alright   The lighter precipitation is moving at some lick northwards  and most should see some snow i would have thought    Im quite enjoying watching it unfold

Thats the precipitation euro4 was forecasting on the 18z run last night!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't think this is over for the Midlands yet. I don't expect places to see 4 inches+ of snow but some parts could see 5-10cm. Probably more towards the South Midlands now but I still expect Birmingham, Leicester, Coventry, Warwickhire and Northamptonshire to see an inch or 2 from it.

 

It's not the intensity that will bring the snow amounts, more a case of light snow with moderate bursts over a prolonged period that should bring about some accumulations.

Edited by andy_leics22
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, andy_leics22 said:

I honestly don't think this is over for the Midlands yet. I don't expect places to see 4 inches+ of snow but some parts could see 5-10cm. Probably more towards the South Midlands now but I still expect Birmingham, Leicester, Warwickhire and Northamptonshire to see an inch or 2 from it.

i agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

I honestly don't think this is over for the Midlands yet. I don't expect places to see 4 inches+ of snow but some parts could see 5-10cm. Probably more towards the South Midlands now but I still expect Birmingham, Leicester, Warwickhire and Northamptonshire to see an inch or 2 from it.

I really really really hope I'm wrong but 2 inches is a bit of an overestimate. Probably a dusting at best, really hope I am wrong though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vmistry said:

I really really really hope I'm wrong but 2 inches is a bit of an overestimate. Probably a dusting at best, really hope I am wrong though

2 inches is only about 5cm though mate,  certainly possible tonight. I reckon Leicester will see prolonged light snowfall through tonight. Won't look impressive but it'll add up by the morning. The PPN looks to stall and slowly die away over Central areas overnight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

2 inches is only about 5cm though mate,  certainly possible tonight. I reckon Leicester will see prolonged light snowfall through tonight. Won't look impressive but it'll add up by the morning. The PPN looks to stall and slowly die away over Central areas overnight. 

BBC have me as 7 hours of light snowfall, maybe a cm or two. Hope you are right though!! You know more than me anyway!!! (Turning into shaky with the exclamation marks) 😂

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Vmistry said:

When is our next chance of a snow event?

  31st of May to 4th of June  🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do i do this to myself!! Every winter, glued to the 4 runs each day... NW mod thread, snow radar. Jumping on the chase for a big dumping of the fluffy white stuff that causes fun for adults and kids with a change of scenery in a cold environment! My bliss!! I feel a little let down by this SSW, i know there has been a slow trop response and it can't be a guaranteed cold but still... why did the EC46 forecasts fail in this so called "easterly" we were supposed to get? 

Apologies for the rant, just been down the pub in disgust at the northern extent of this system, we were in the "sweet spot" a few days ago... 

I hope for a pep up in the radar... will be glued to it!!, and the lamppost for the night

Hope everyone gets at least a little sprinkling, I'll take that!

All the best 

Chris - Kenilworth, Warwickshire, 98m asl

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we are doing OK. We should be happy there is a chance at all.

With the downgrades we have had, any is a bonus. Yes not loads but a dusting is fine for me as had nothing Tuesday. 

Winter is not over yet.

If you expect nothing then watching is more bareable.

Willing anything to make it.

Stay positive people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I  suggested a couple of hours ago, the new low moving very slowly up the Channel has thrown upper level moisture up from the south towards us. As Weirpg has just demonstrated when this hits the very cold upper air over the central Midlands it is readily producing light snow. Turn to the Netweather radar and watch it develop 'insitu'. Also, note/watch the snow develop to the East of London.(Worthing is just reporting snow as well). The snow in the Midlands  is extending/developing  from Worcester eastwards and northwards just north of Oxford, and recently has spread down towards Milton Keynes. Light at the moment, but could pep up.

This will end up moving this way if the low develops further. UKMO did say yesterday that multiple small lows could develop along the front.  There could be others. Although Liam Dutton dissed it, I think it is a real possibility that it could help us.

Just noticed he has retracted his previous statement!!!

With snow all sorts of things can crop up!

I did notice a very flakes half an hour ago here.

The chances are increasing for a lightish fall here tonight.(couple of centimeters, but possibly more,if further moisture is pushed up from France).

Keep the faith in the Central Mids. We could yet see ICON was correct. 

Temps have fallen further here to 0.2C,and the dew point is still -1.7C. Any snow will settle readily. 

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Showers seem to be approaching Worc now  also interesting is that its pepping up as it approaches   looking ok 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, chris pawsey said:

Why do i do this to myself!! Every winter, glued to the 4 runs each day... NW mod thread, snow radar. Jumping on the chase for a big dumping of the fluffy white stuff that causes fun for adults and kids with a change of scenery in a cold environment! My bliss!! I feel a little let down by this SSW, i know there has been a slow trop response and it can't be a guaranteed cold but still... why did the EC46 forecasts fail in this so called "easterly" we were supposed to get? 

Apologies for the rant, just been down the pub in disgust at the northern extent of this system, we were in the "sweet spot" a few days ago... 

I hope for a pep up in the radar... will be glued to it!!, and the lamppost for the night

Hope everyone gets at least a little sprinkling, I'll take that!

All the best 

Chris - Kenilworth, Warwickshire, 98m asl

I am the same as you Chris, although I have to say I’m not as down as I thought I would be lol, there’s people with a lot more problems than me not getting snow! 

Still bloody frustrating though 🙂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

2 inches is only about 5cm though mate,  certainly possible tonight. I reckon Leicester will see prolonged light snowfall through tonight. Won't look impressive but it'll add up by the morning. The PPN looks to stall and slowly die away over Central areas overnight. 

I’m holding you to it Andy 🙂 lol 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Spring has sprung: Warm sunshine today and more to come this week

    At least the weather's doing its best to cheer things up in these difficult times, as spring arrives in earnest. While there'll be a few hiccups on the way, the coming week also looks fine and warm at times, particularly over England and Wales. Read the full update here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

    Spring warmth and sunshine this weekend but we've got to stay at home

    In normal times we'd be talking about the excellent timing of the sunshine and warmth coming through at the weekend. But of course,a0these aren't normal times, so even though temperatures could get to 20-21c in places tomorrow, we're all going to have to enjoy it from home. Read the full update here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 1
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...