Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Just now, MattStoke said:

My solitary light snow symbol has gone 😅

Ive took it  i now have 5!!!   sorry 

Minuscule upgrade for Wellesbourne south Warwickshire, snow now forecast between 8pm and 1am. This morning it was just 11pm to 1am.

High cloud thickening temp upto -0.1c.

Met app big downgrade just got into Yeovil and there is an Amber warning here. Hope it tracks further North and the Midlands gets some. But if there's an Amber warning here it means it's further South.

Southwest of our region will be just fine I think, it's the other parts where might get an hour of snizzle at best

Malvern's got 3 hours of heavy snow forecast from 8-11 pm on the MetO site, then light snow for the rest of the night. After a very clear, frosty night it's now clouded over and is 0.9'C. Looking forward to a dumping of snow!

The satellite image still has that band attempting to push NNE.

• Like 1

Just now, DIS1970 said:

The satellite image still has that band attempting to push NNE.

Bloody hope so, our only chance is nowcasting

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Met app big downgrade just got into Yeovil and there is an Amber warning here. Hope it tracks further North and the Midlands gets some. But if there's an Amber warning here it means it's further South.

The reason for teh amber warning is timing more than anything - the evening rush hour should be over by the time any snow reaches the Midlands

Meanwhile, the not-a-forecast for Evesham at 20z has upgraded from light snow with a 60% probability of precipitation, to heavy snow and 80%

1 minute ago, Essan said:

The reason for teh amber warning is timing more than anything - the evening rush hour should be over by the time any snow reaches the Midlands

Meanwhile, the not-a-forecast for Evesham at 20z has upgraded from light snow with a 60% probability of precipitation, to heavy snow and 80%

Yh it's also Marginal here in Yeovil could be rain before it turns. Do you guys want any pics I dont want to rub it in so just asking. Already miss Brum its my home lol so hoping it goes North

This place is hilarious 

• Like 4

I have snow! A single Snowflake just squeezed itself out of a thick patch of cloud and fell in front of me. Now, let's see if I can get a second flake later! 😄

• Haha 3

Just now, markw2680 said:

This place is hilarious 

You at St Andrews again Kid?  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Arctic Hare said:

I have snow! A single Snowflake just squeezed itself out of a thick patch of cloud and fell in front of me. Now, let's see if I can get a second flake later! 😄

alright, alright - no need to boast!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arctic Hare said:

Keep it cold and let's hope it has some company soon! 😂 :cold:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arctic Hare said:

Better get to the supermarket and get your supplies

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

This place is hilarious 

It’s quite something when I’m not the one moaning, and I’m in an area that looks to get nothing 😂 Nice in a way. I’d rather expect nothing and get nothing. Less gutting than expecting something/loads and getting nothing.

A question for more experienced members,

What physical/environmental factors are needed to push it more north, and why earlier in the week/yesterday these were happening and today they are not, and why it has been so difficult to forecast??

Or is it the case we have all just been focusing on the models from an IMBY focus and don't take the time to look at wider factors/influences?

16 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

This place is hilarious 

Sod the snow. Going to have a shandy or two and a plate of happiness tonight (fry up) followed by a few episodes of The Punisher! 

10 minutes ago, #windysnow# said:

A question for more experienced members,

What physical/environmental factors are needed to push it more north, and why earlier in the week/yesterday these were happening and today they are not, and why it has been so difficult to forecast??

Or is it the case we have all just been focusing on the models from an IMBY focus and don't take the time to look at wider factors/influences?

Perhaps hire 10 large fans 

48 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

My solitary light snow symbol has gone 😅

You're doomed mate !!!

image.thumb.png.8df089e6633e5f61ff658194fe81e347.png

Edited by Turnedoutniceagain

looks  like flurries breaking out in few spots?

Hmm. We actually have a few tiny snow flakes in the air.

Might just be me but is radar showing the main band of PPN creeping Northwards?  

...I must be bored watching the radar for the last 10 minutes I'm starting to see things 😵