Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Radar watch ago here in Alton, Staffordshire. 

Cant see anything coming of this, but there has been sudden changes before and likely will be again!.

What is everyones thoughts on the next possible cold and snowy spell? Any ideas?

Massive upgrade for me. Gone from no snow symbols to one light snow symbol. Exciting times!

For only about the 2nd time this winter everything is glazed over, oh the joys. Probably best to keep a firm eye on the radar regarding the snow

I don’t think I can remember a time when forecasting from the met office and bbc has been so poor as it has been this last 18 months . I actually belive weekly forecast were more accurate in the 90s than they are now , it says it all really when  both our main forecasters use different models the give us a forecast ...... and to tho k we pay for this too 😡

Heaviest precip seem to be at the southern bit of the front and that's what's going to pivot northwards, but probably only to brum

2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Massive upgrade for me. Gone from no snow symbols to one light snow symbol. Exciting times!

You're lucky then, looks like a frost won't even happen tonight here tonight.

5 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

what are you doing on here then? Get yourself to Tesco and empty the shelves of milk and bread then man!

19 minutes ago, shezale said:

Looks bang on to me

It is further North though at this stage  look over Ireland    to be honest though  it does seem to be going the way of the Pear.  we shall see

11 minutes ago, weirpig said:

It is further North though at this stage  look over Ireland    to be honest though  it does seem to be going the way of the Pear.  we shall see

Its like its hit a brick wall!!its struggling to go further east!

GFS 06z. for what it's worth, still looks good for Here-Worcs-Glos but not for anywhere much further north.    However, I;d like to see Euro4 increase amounts before I start expecting more than a dusting in Evesham

GFSOPUK06_21_53.png

12 minutes ago, weirpig said:

I thought the ppn over SW and channel is the part we should be concentrating on. This should head north later on as LP slides??

1 minute ago, mother nature rocks said:

I thought the ppn over SW and channel is the part we should be concentrating on. This should head north later on as LP slides??

It is.  was just comparing the radar to what that model was showing 

Around -5’C this morning, with a severe air frost.

DCA4A6B4-4622-4153-B3B3-A33916CEADC4.jpeg

41180D93-8BAA-4C5D-82D8-2AD3413F8278.jpeg

B90EAEE1-7719-40C8-836B-67337AE86C95.jpeg

19CA8701-BF91-463F-94E7-769EC468D7C1.jpeg

69ABE89C-3EDE-4F5A-BB7E-952237369631.jpeg

4760B035-4E5E-4BF9-AE8C-02AC0C0B8DD9.jpeg

CBB91FB8-DAD2-444E-9C32-E6B34D432A8E.jpeg

09B428D2-AB51-4488-ADDB-92C6D17B500E.jpeg

328B7FEE-31A4-445F-89B2-C6755C8BA1F1.jpeg

7FCC57CD-DCFB-4F45-95B5-9D46705100BD.jpeg

A2624A31-90E5-4803-83FC-173EAC0DEB92.jpeg

B780C3FD-2918-4D96-8A8A-FFEBECA21757.jpeg

1B9BA1FA-3790-4D57-8806-B8E4B82EA25D.jpeg

Edited by MattStoke

8 minutes ago, Essan said:

GFS 06z. for what it's worth, still looks good for Here-Worcs-Glos but not for anywhere much further north.    However, I;d like to see Euro4 increase amounts before I start expecting more than a dusting in Evesham

GFSOPUK06_21_53.png

Looks same as 00z run!!find out later on whether it was actually right lol

3 minutes ago, shaky said:

Looks same as 00z run!!find out later on whether it was actually right lol

Only got 1's and 2's over the Leicester area, so I don't think we are going to get anything other than a dusting from this.

I do wonder if we will ever see a 30cm+ dumping in our area. Heck even 20cm+. 

Yep seems like the front is struggling to get much further north and east, complete disappointment compared to a few days ago

Yet another downgrade from the Met Office forecast. Just overcast all night now with a 20% chance.

Ah well. I'll find a good movie to watch tonight and enjoy the evening that way.

Just now, Vmistry said:

Yep seems like the front is struggling to get much further north and east, complete disappointment compared to a few days ago

Ah well what did we expect lol, it seems like we go from a nice event predicted to much of nothing in the 72 hour timeframe probably 90% of the time 🤣 pretty used to it by now!

31 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

You're lucky then, looks like a frost won't even happen tonight here tonight.

How is Matt going to get snow if we don't in Central Midlands, it got to cross us before it gets to Matt.

2 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

Only got 1's and 2's over the Leicester area, so I don't think we are going to get anything other than a dusting from this.

I do wonder if we will ever see a 30cm+ dumping in our area. Heck even 20cm+. 

Leicester never gets more than 5cm. Pretty much bang in the middle of the midlands. Either too far east, west, south or north. Any ppn from any direction decays before it even gets here

Just now, Vmistry said:

Leicester never gets more than 5cm. Pretty much bang in the middle of the midlands. Either too far east, west, south or north. Any ppn from any direction decays before it even gets here

Yep tell me about it. On the plus side we get the dregs from most snow events as we're central. But like you said, we never get much from any event either. Most i've ever seen in my south Leicestershire area is about 7cm. 

The usual people righting it off before we get to lunchtime lol, yes the forecast do seem to say it’s struggling to reach here but nobody really knows at this stage. Give it chance

Screenshot_20180228-105649.thumb.jpg.8ba4ae5c66b2cadfc723ecf9b8668ca6.jpg20180228_180951.thumb.png.0fe9868d285b9aa6ab7ed948c0c95dd3.png20180301_092400.thumb.png.b3a22897220f4b2a88d7e342d214c414.png

Look at all these from the BFTE last year, pretty much everything missed us 😂😂