DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

BBC have just stated that further snow showers COULD occur tomorrow morning as the wind will use the North Sea even though the front is decaying. Lets see .

Ithink it is positive that ICON still gives some snow for most. The 10:00 output could be the one to watch.

(Remember my post on the 10th Dec 2017 event?).It was the only model to get it correct.

I personally think it is positive that it is coming in quicker,  but we will see.

MIA

-7 here this morning!!did not expect it to be this cold!!

4 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

BBC have just stated that further snow showers COULD occur tomorrow morning as the wind will use the North Sea even though the front is decaying. Lets see .

Ithink it is positive that ICON still gives some snow for most. The 10:00 output could be the one to watch.

(Remember my post on the 10th Dec 2017 event?).It was the only model to get it correct.

I personally think it is positive that it is coming in quicker,  but we will see.

MIA

Do you think it's further north too?

5 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

MIA

Agreed, we need to show a little bit of patience here nothing was due in the area till at least 3pm if not 6pm lets keep our eyes to the skies people

Looks ok on the radar.

pretty high over Ireland.

ppn won't be great if it gets across.

low of -7.8 last night 😳

NW give me this. Okaaaay. Seems a bit FI at this stage. I thought the weather was supposed to take a warm turn for a bit?

Screenshot_20190131-085608_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lovely crisp morning here too. IMG_20190131_084448.thumb.jpg.fa146a5659ca8628611d270a1f5c0ff2.jpgIMG_20190131_084615.thumb.jpg.687ba0f79661b061d99c487da49627c1.jpg

All we need now is some snow. Fingers crossed we all get at least a covering. At the moment West and south of Birmingham look to be best placed for the most but as ever radar watch will come into play at this stage. 

Min temp overnight -6.5c still snow patches from Tuesday and looking forward to a very wintry scene tomorrow morning.

So after all the downgrades and the potential non event today when is the next chance for the Midlands to see snow?? Monday??

Edited by shezale

The Met Office forecast has really backed off on the idea of snow for tonight. 60% chance of light snow at 1am...And that's it. Now I know you're not supposed to read too much into their online computer generated forecasts, but it was actually quite accurate on Tuesday. Will be a good test for it tonight.

Interestingly, the warning still remains.

2 minutes ago, Vmistry said:

Latest from ICON lol looks pathetic, front decays

imageproxy.gif

Whelp... all hopes are now pinned on the GFS I guess....

-5.2c in my garden this morning, very frosty. Then a thick layer of freezing fog descended around 8am. If you can't have snow then this is the next best thing!

2 minutes ago, Jake Lamparski said:

Been away for a few days so am I correct in thinking nothing will come from this now

we dont know yet

not looking good that icon run. There will be some gaps in that front as it arrives here so very variable and light to non existent for some

4 minutes ago, Jake Lamparski said:

Been away for a few days so am I correct in thinking nothing will come from this now

I think most here are probably going to have to hope for something in the region of 1-4cms. There's always an outside risk of snow showers on Friday for places further east and then possible snow to rain on Sunday evening which is far enough away to improve yet.

3 minutes ago, shezale said:

Looks bang on to me

I think the 00z GFS is closer to the mark. 

Just 20% risk overcast from the met app now, nothing falling, should remove those warnings now.  Sunny, temp -4.2C.