DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

29 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Fingers crossed, but I'm totally fine for a big let down 🙂

Still owe you a pound if I remember, if all goes well tomorrow....will all be forgotten 😆  

15z icon was even worse!further south!!warning signs are there!!

Hmm, is the icon underestimating the extent of the precipitation? Perhaps there really will be hardly anything, even for those with the highest risk. 
image.thumb.png.7b48d3ff4015bdae1e6e0e489a0be527.png

Yes I’ll be waiting for the downgrade posts from 12 tomorrow saying it’s not going to reach us, although I think it will reach central parts I expect things to be even more delayed. But you never no it may come in a bit earlier as it may be heavier and bit further north than it’s looking atm. I suppose this time tomorrow we will all be glued to lampposts hoping it either starts or gets heavier 😂

1 minute ago, PerfectStorm said:

Hmm, is the icon underestimating the extent of the precipitation? Perhaps there really will be hardly anything, even for those with the highest risk. 
image.thumb.png.7b48d3ff4015bdae1e6e0e489a0be527.png

I’d say that’s underdoing it tbh.

lets all be upbeat and get ready for big upgrades lol

13 minutes ago, Sweatyman said:

Screenshot_20190130-204215_Chrome.jpg

That warning looks way too far south, and the largest snow totals too far east.

A covering at best I reckon for Central Mids, a few cms for those further south like  Hereford, Gloucestershire etc. After looking like 10cms or more a couple of days ago, very disappointing tbh.

1 minute ago, Gustywind said:

A covering at best I reckon for Central Mids, a few cms for those further south like  Hereford, Gloucestershire etc. After looking like 10cms or more a couple of days ago, very disappointing tbh.

Blimey, I'm not far from you at the moment, currently in Maypole. 

Icon has barely anything for anyone a few cms at best but the ppn looks so weak

Met upgrades so Icon downgrades lol. This ain't going to be decided until it's actually made land fall and even then intensity and Northern extent will be guess work.

Never mind me missing out. If the ICON is right, everyone misses out. I doubt it is right though.

Yep same has last none event (Tuesday) downgrading as we get closer to T0 

What did BFTP say winter of discontent yep he was right. 😂 ...... fead up with this winter. 

Foz

2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Never mind me missing out. If the ICON is right, everyone misses out. I doubt it is right though.

No it's wrong, my pick is south of the region 15cms in few spots, b'ham area 12cms, north of say Cannock, just a few flurries

Just now, Fozfoster said:

What did BFTP say winter of discontent yep he was right. 😂 ...... fead up with this winter. 

Foz

ignore that member, no charts whatsoever, no evidence to ever back things up

At least we still have another month of winter to go and February is normally our coldest month. March can be very wintry too, of course.

Well thanks 252  that’s the best it gets !!!!! 

Downgrading last three days from heavy snow for 5 hours to a dusting if lucky. The met Office got it spot on Tuesday so why not tomorrow 

Foz

2F42466D-6D69-41F6-94B8-1F77F8601913.png

Evening! The Prime spot for snow tomorrow will be the south west midlands  ...two to four inches of snow at lower levels much  higher over high ground  watch this space...

6 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

At least we still have another month of winter to go and February is normally our coldest month. March can be very wintry too, of course.

Output for the first half of February is siding on milder conditions...subject to change ofc.

Just forget tomorrow snow people snow is over rated anyways bring on the mild south westerlies and continuous rain!!!

1 minute ago, shezale said:

Just forget tomorrow snow people snow is over rated anyways bring on the mild south westerlies and continuous rain!!!

eh???????