Jump to content

Midlands Regional Discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, I have to reply to this because it's misleading the entire thread, iv studied radars and the weather all my life, the low pressure that formed along the south side of the main low is pushing east,

Nathan "not a weatherman" Rao of the Express says "Army on Standby as heaviest SNOWFALL hits in next 24 hours" What a bellend!    

Posted Images

 The BBC app has me for snow Thursday 7 pm to Friday 10 am that’s 15 hours worth of lite snow how ever I just can’t see it I think just like today we will miss out again story of this crappy winter really 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Ah ha! Got the precipitation type charts now. 

This is for 6pm Thursday, which is as far as it runs out to at the moment.

F51CC189-902E-4F4A-BB9F-53D5E174148F.jpeg

Actually mate that's midnight  just north of Brum on that run  let's hope for better in the morning 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Snow all gone bar light stuff in the evening late thursday.

Oh joy of joys this winter has been..

Models keep trending futher and further south.

Unfortunately the downgrade's keep comming for us.

Least I saw one flake yesterday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Gfsp and gfs a touch further North infact Gfsp is definately a Halifax lol

 

Screenshot_20190130-051901_Firefox.thumb.jpg.52dcd7788af8a8195dc1a429ec040afb.jpg   BANK!!!!!!

GFS has actually gone S slightly.

This will be a SE Wales across to S, possibly C Midlands event. Anyone N of Birmingham should forget it in terms of this LP I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

GFS has actually gone S slightly.

This will be a SE Wales across to S, possibly C Midlands event. Anyone N of Birmingham should forget it in terms of this LP I think.

The Snow risk though is clearly more North though on gfsp and at present both are smack on the Miss. Could change and keep going South but compare the two last nites 18z first.

 

Screenshot_20190130-053115_Firefox.thumb.jpg.16404bba019ef40d53dfa26d259ffded.jpg

 

Screenshot_20190130-051901_Firefox.thumb.jpg.21cfcf372b6e9f72fd34d66a883fc688.jpg

 

Clearly on the gfsp 00z the risk is further North and better angle.

Edited by snowangel32
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Pretty certain now that the northern extent will be in the central Midlands. Small chance of a dusting further north than that, but that’s it.

We haven't even had the benefit of those showers hitting Manchester Matt. I'm so so annoyed/gutted 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

We haven't even had the benefit of those showers hitting Manchester Matt. I'm so so annoyed/gutted 

But not the least bit surprised.

Time to look forward and see when the next potential let down might be.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Crewecold looking at the gfs that is a touch further South and inline with gfsp wich is further North. I think Nottingham will be the Northern boundary line but we shall see. Unlike the Premiership title race this aint over yet lol.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, snowangel32 said:

@Crewecold looking at the gfs that is a touch further South and inline with gfsp wich is further North. I think Nottingham will be the Northern boundary line but we shall see. Unlike the Premiership title race this aint over yet lol.

Either way, sod all here.

If it snows with you, enjoy it ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Need an easterly element to get proper snow here. The Peak District shelters me from anything coming in from the north or northwest. Low's moving into cold air from the Atlantic rarely deliver either. 

Fingers crossed for Feb/Mar. After all, there was no significant snow here last year until Feb 28th.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever falls here (if it even reaches) will be not a huge amount, not enough to cause any serious traffic problems anyway, then again a couple or three cm in the UK......................

Link to post
Share on other sites

Much like Supacell, to get decent snow in Nottingham there needs to be an easterly element 

These sliding fronts seem to grind to halt somewhere over the central midlands- it has happened multiple times in the last decade whereas an easterly aligned correctly can push a snow streamer broadly along the A52 ( a la February 28th- March 1st last year )

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kev238 said:

Much like Supacell, to get decent snow in Nottingham there needs to be an easterly element 

These sliding fronts seem to grind to halt somewhere over the central midlands- it has happened multiple times in the last decade whereas an easterly aligned correctly can push a snow streamer broadly along the A52 ( a la February 28th- March 1st last year )

 

Doubt this low will even get as far north as Birmingham at this rate...this the furthest north it will.get is the south midlands hereford looks like the sweet spot

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to add despite not being as much precip the ECM has the northern extent just touching Sheffield this morning so some snowfall possible for Northern Midlands.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Uttoxeter snow said:

Has nobody bothered to check the radar? Stoke is going to get hit in the next hour and it looks on a direct line towards me. 

Weakening unfortunately but may add a dusting or so given the temps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...