Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

GFS still decent for whole region, no dumping here but good few hours of snow, thursday 9pm approx start time

prectypeuktopo.png

Meto/bbc have it here from 4pm but they have stated it’ll be very slow moving and right up to 9am Friday 

F5B9F9AA-8381-4C08-A5CC-68BD6CC1869E.thumb.png.8e0e23ce419e15c60beeebe3b0f60940.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Heavy rain in corby trying to turn to sleet 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

It's all stopped now, 0.6C and we still had nothing but sleety stuff. Hopefully something tonight will deliver, it's certainly cold enough and very hard to understand why it never turned to proper snow. Time of day shouldn't matter, there's been no sun to melt anything and temps/dps have been low enough since midday.

SW/W breeze, cannot be cold enough really at low levels, exceptionally rare, had lying snow of Atlantic westerlies twice, 13th Dec '17 and 11th Feb '14

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

snowing here since 3:30 pm but nothing has settled not even a dusting hardly warrants a yellow warning are well let’s wait for the downgrade on Thursday as well 

Posted
7 minutes ago, syed2878 said:

snowing here since 3:30 pm but nothing has settled not even a dusting hardly warrants a yellow warning are well let’s wait for the downgrade on Thursday as well 

They've already began. The ukmo has the snow fizzle out fast as it heads towards the Midlands. Low accumulations I would have thought

Posted

Well the heaviest of the precipitation has now passed to the east which produced all but a few minutes of light snow. Just lighter stuff to following by looking at the radar. Absolutely nothing falling out the sky and the ground is drying up pretty rapidly so I presume we’ll end up with quite a severe frost by the morning.

Yet another bust it seems.

Posted

Stopped. Back in pelsall 

partial covering had more from last Tuesdays showers ironically 

pffft

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, MKN said:

They've already began. The ukmo has the snow fizzle out fast as it heads towards the Midlands. Low accumulations I would have thought

Jesus christ its one run!! Majority of the models still showing a good dumping for the midlands on thursday!

Posted

On my way home from Stoke City to Longton. Snow amount gradually increasing the further I go. Gone from a patchy dusting to a full dusting so far.

1D0F63A5-BDAD-4FC5-B4F7-2077AFA147D5.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Wonder if there will be any Cheshire gap showers tonight

Posted

If the 12Z UKMO is right - look forward to half an hour of snizzle on Thursday north of Birmingham. Fantastic. 

This winter has been a total joke as far as I’m concerned, you can always guarantee a covering, even a slushy covering at times during winter, but this year’s been a total mess. Made much worse by the SSW that I’m actual fact has made this website practically unreadable for weeks because people had stupidly high expectations. 

I didnt, but so far this winter has been horrendous. 

Lets hope for a wet, active and thundery summer to compensate for this mess.

Edited by PolarWarsaw

Posted
2 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

If the 12Z UKMO is right - look forward to half an hour of snizzle on Thursday north of Birmingham. Fantastic. 

This winter has been a total joke as far as I’m concerned, you can always guarantee a covering, even a slushy covering at times during winter, but this year’s been a total mess. Made much worse by the SSW that I’m actual fact has made this website practically unreadable for weeks because people had stupidly high expectations. 

I didnt, but so far this winter has been horrendous. 

Lets hope for a wet, active and thundery summer to compensate for this mess.

Yep. The hype around the SSW has been ridiculous. Even noticed one or two posters a few weeks back (just before the non-easterly) mentioning a winter similar to 1947 

Posted
9 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Wonder if there will be any Cheshire gap showers tonight

bbc think so on update, definitely will be, key question is where

also showing Thursdays snow very west, reaches far enough north but not very east?????

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jason74 said:

Yep. The hype around the SSW has been ridiculous. Even noticed one or two posters a few weeks back (just before the non-easterly) mentioning a winter similar to 1947 

fish 4 likes members, best to have them on ignore feature

Posted
5 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

At least the UKMO is out on its own against the other models. Well, apart from it’s friend ‘Sod’s Law’ of course.

That’s something. 

But Sod’s law normally works a treat  vs all models. We need movements back north and for the front to stay active as it does tonight and throughout tomorrow. A sugar dusting is the minimum expectation this week, anything less and it’s time to look for a new hobby. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Oh, il neige!

Just been to shut the chickens up. Wet snow, moderate fall rate. The first East Midlands snow which has fallen on me.

Happy bunny!

• Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, nobble said:

Stopped. Back in pelsall 

partial covering had more from last Tuesdays showers ironically 

pffft

Last weeks event was much better. I really hope that doesn't end up being the highlight of this Winter, when Spring arrives. Though to be fair last weeks event was more than we ever had in the Winters from 2013/14 to 2016/17, so could still actually be said to be an improvement on those Winters. Obviously last Winter has raised expectations again but hopefully this Winter is just a one off in the hope that the general trend (starting with last Winter) is for Winters to get colder and snowier as we head towards solar minimum. I refuse to give up hope completely on this Winter though, as nobody can with confidence tell you what mid February at least will be like and not forgetting March which like all first months of the meteorological seasons can be just  a continuation of the previous season, as has happened twice in half a decade already. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
12 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

bbc think so on update, definitely will be, key question is where

also showing Thursdays snow very west, reaches far enough north but not very east?????

Well that’s good at least there’s hope then

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
53 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

GFS still decent for whole region, no dumping here but good few hours of snow, thursday 9pm approx start time

prectypeuktopo.png

Gfs way further north be intresting to see where it ends up and wich model calls it right. Stull have a horrible feeling its going South.