Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
5 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Updated fax charts, looks great for the North of our region :hi:

image.png.95c1c3a7e05ba273ab7518dab7b4fc80.png

That could not be more perfect for here!

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

They're normally on the ball here but I haven't seen a single on today.

The high resolution models I rate highest all look very snowy here, and even more so for you. I see some trying to make out there will be little or no snow. Certainly not the case for some of us.

very true, could be a great event here in next over next 72 hours, 

last steamer here I think in 2013 produced 36 cm everywhere with patches in garden over 50cm !!

while in Derby they only had 5cms, so fingers, toes crossed where in the firing line. haha

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

That could not be more perfect for here!

I did feel for you a couple of weeks ago Matt when us down here had 10cm plus, but now it looks like it's your time.....tomorrow for looks juicy for ya!!!

As for the rest of us, there will be frequent heavy snow showers in many areas covering most of the Midlands, but the north of our region later should see longer periods of snow as the showers merge :friends:

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

I did feel for you a couple of weeks ago Matt when us down here had 10cm plus, but now it looks like it's your time.....tomorrow for looks juicy for ya!!!

As for the rest of us, there will be frequent heavy snow showers in many areas covering most of the Midlands, but the north of our region later should see longer periods of snow as the showers merge :friends:

Yup. Just hope the wind direction won't be off! Will be during the late part of Saturday into early Sunday, when it is most likely to settle as surfaces will be colder. Good timing! During the middle part of the day it would be a waste.

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
10 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

but good old Leicestershire missed out toon, and will do again it seems!!!! ;) 

Posted

Although I could end up pleasantly surprised, it seems that this mini beast just isn't going to cut it here unfortunately. We did quite well in the last one though and I do think as usual it'll be a nowcasting situation. It's just that the models aren't offering us the best outlook as things stand, though I do expect some snow of course, but doesn't look a great deal in comparison to what other areas might expect, the north of the Midlands might do well though.

Edited by Walsall Wood Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

The Met office has been putting out yellow warnings for snow since Wednesday how ever I personally don’t think the warnings for many parts of the West Midlands is needed waste of yellow warnings I believe specially for the likes of Birmingham and other places 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
12 minutes ago, syed2878 said:

The Met office has been putting out yellow warnings for snow since Wednesday how ever I personally don’t think the warnings for many parts of the West Midlands is needed waste of yellow warnings I believe specially for the likes of Birmingham and other places 

They must be looking at the HIRLAM model :drunk-emoji:

image.thumb.png.61e6fee2e423d21301101297cc9c6cad.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

I really don’t want much snow here tomorrow, it can all start at 4 am Sunday morning in bucket loads

Posted
1 minute ago, markw2680 said:

I really don’t want much snow here tomorrow, it can all start at 4 am Sunday morning in bucket loads

Do you think we'll get more then, then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
29 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Do you think we'll get more then, then?

I really haven’t a clue tbh but will be typical if my night out gets ruined lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

The front is starting to turning increasingly wintry now, the cold air tucking into it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

drizzling here also getting breezy and cold the BBC app has light snow from 4 AM tomorrow morning 

• Like 1

Posted

Maybe I'm just imagining it but it seems to me a lot of the models often show little to nothing for the Midlands generally only for us to end up with more than they thought. It's as if we just get ignored here or something only for the radar to end up picking up on something a few hours or even minutes in advance and for us to end up doing better than we thought we would the day before. Here's hoping anyway :).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
3 hours ago, MattStoke said:

They're normally on the ball here but I haven't seen a single on today.

The high resolution models I rate highest all look very snowy here, and even more so for you. I see some trying to make out there will be little or no snow. Certainly not the case for some of us.

I get emails from the council on gritting and they will be out from 2am. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Just be prepared for an uninteresting weekend, as currently it looks like we will miss most of the fun (weather wise that is!)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate snow here with a thin covering so far.

Temp -0.8c

Dp -1.6c

Wind chill -5c

Posted

moderate snow now falling here leaving a slite dusting on beans and grass but the wind is quite strong so it blowing the snow quite a bit