Jump to content
DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, TonyH said:

Looks on the edge to me there 🙂

I guess its my biased eye showing me what i want to see!!

Anyways how's things looking after the gfs run i had a peek in the mod thread but it was all just to confusing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

weather for week ahead on bbc, Tuesday looked good for snow for whole Midlands, disruptive snow mentioned! Wed dry, thurs and Fri dry, fronts not making it this far N and E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

weather for week ahead on bbc, Tuesday looked good for snow for whole Midlands, disruptive snow mentioned! Wed dry, thurs and Fri dry, fronts not making it this far N and E

Thursday/Friday....they can't even work out what's happening Tuesday yet lol

The ICON HI RES looks tasty for Thursday....Just fun charts at this stage, BUT YOU NEVER KNOW 😍

 

image.thumb.png.3778524b04c7ff52a7c37320eac73a49.pngimage.thumb.png.af4687701566faad8f4a4d0012467555.png

 

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think keeping an open mind is really the best approach. I wouldn't like to say things like 'it won't get this far north', or 'I'm in the sweet spot'. 10-20 miles could really make a difference on this one.

20 miles further north than expected might be a ballache on the M6 but it's nothing to a weather system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find this thread rather peculiar. All the other regions' thread are fairly active every day but the Midlands one is almost always dead outside the days where it's actually snowing outside. COME ON PEOPLE UP YA GAME!! :yahoo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

I find this thread rather peculiar. All the other regions' thread are fairly active every day but the Midlands one is almost always dead outside the days where it's actually snowing outside. COME ON PEOPLE UP YA GAME!! 

Because on the days its not snowing we're outside playing in the drizzle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday's system coming into range of the Euro4 model.

euro4.gif

Edited by MattStoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/01/2019 at 00:22, fizz511 said:

Hi lovely - well that was quite a change of job - sunny Gib huh? 

You’ll be back, it’s no place for a snow lover 😉

Hellooo Fizzychops 😃 

 

Yep, I am now working as a fraud analyst for Betfred, bit different from the carer job i had before! I am certain I will be moving back to the UK in the summer. I enjoy my job but I miss my family and friends too much. Plus, as you say, I already hate the fact that my chances of snow here are around 1% 😂

The UV index here, even in December,is around 5! Madness. Looks promising for you Midlanders on Tuesday! I'll be following it with you, from afar 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The band of ppn on Tuesday looks narrow to me, maybe 2-3 hours of light to moderate snow

Edited by Vmistry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Vmistry said:

The band of ppn on Tuesday looks narrow to me, maybe 2-3 hours of light to moderate snow

Yes

 

hopefylly Thursday can deliver 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tues event could be like 13th Dec 2017, heavy snow about 2cms fell on wet ground, about 90 mins of heavy snow!

Thurs up in the air, looks narrowish too

can't believe suddenly all models say turning less cold on Sunday 3rd, with a very fast thaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Tues event could be like 13th Dec 2017, heavy snow about 2cms fell on wet ground, about 90 mins of heavy snow!

Thurs up in the air, looks narrowish too

can't believe suddenly all models say turning less cold on Sunday 3rd, with a very fast thaw

Think thursday is the main event with tuesday being the promo! I think anywhere north of Birmingham could be looking at 10cms plus on thursday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading through the model discussion thread, it goes from "Snowpocolypse" one minute to "a bit of drizzle" the next,

I guess we just have to wait and see

Met Office seems to have watered down it's warning for the Midlands too...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Reading through the model discussion thread, it goes from "Snowpocolypse" one minute to "a bit of drizzle" the next,

I guess we just have to wait and see

Met Office seems to have watered down it's warning for the Midlands too...

 

Can you explain how they have watered down the warnings it hasn't changed at all from what i can see for tuesday. At the moment east of the region looks good for tuesday and the whole region on thursday!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shezale said:

Can you explain how they have watered down the warnings it hasn't changed at all from what i can see for tuesday. At the moment east of the region looks good for tuesday and the whole region on thursday!!

ah apologies, I mixed up something posted in the other thread:

image.thumb.png.583630af8e18b2041be36a18cd0f755f.png

where is says "rain turning to snow, especially on hills" and thought that was for this region, but on closer inspection, the warning is, as you say, unchanged

 

My bad

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well heavy Snow to hit here at around 5ish Tuesday evening  im not expecting much perhaps a few inches in places  then onto Thursday which at the moment looks good   

Edited by weirpig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Rain turning to snow, especially on hills" remains the forecast for me in Worcs. I'm not getting my hopes up too much for Tuesday, since I don't expect more than a bit of very wet snow. If Thursday's snow could just extend southwards a little more, that one might be a lot more interesting here!
 

Anyway, as things stand it's a lovely winter's day, with bright sunshine at 4 °C and lighter winds than of late. I can certainly live with that for now. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not bothering with other threads. They are all so bloomin' rude, especially about the Midlands thread. 

I personally am still undecided as to whether I will see much snow. 

Clear blue sky and lovely sun today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.ed9daa83dcb67e6b4491ba5b33fd87c6.png  ppn accum. totals if you use GFS 06h all the way out to Saturday. Plenty of chances for heavy snowfall in the Peaks and around North Mids.

  but thats just using the GFS 06h run. not checked dp yet throughout period.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Storme said:

I am not bothering with other threads. They are all so bloomin' rude, especially about the Midlands thread. 

I personally am still undecided as to whether I will see much snow. 

Clear blue sky and lovely sun today.

I think it could be touch and go. I'm quite close to you in Melton so we'll have to see!
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday depends on how quickly the cold air gets into the front. 

Thursday depends on how far north the front gets.

Would be typical if this area missed out on both. I'm sure the model thread would be full of joy though, as most of them live in the south and us missing out means they see more snow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keeping my expectation levels low here. Last Tuesday produced zilch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah same. Expectations low, but hoping for the best. Sitting up tomorrow night watching the lamp post for the snow to arrive (hopefully)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...