Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Starting to break up slightly  but the winds are now bringing the showers towards the black country and Brum areas  

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Storme said:

There seem to be very few East Midlanders here. I came up from Surrey and that thread was always busy.

I’m from the East Midlands Storme,but seeing as we’ve had no snow today and tonight looks even more depressing I haven’t bothered posting for a while.Showers seem to be everywhere but here.

• Like 1

We have a covering, it's staying as snow as it gets lighter. Maybe this might deliver something

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eye to the sky said:

I’m from the East Midlands Storme,but seeing as we’ve had no snow today and tonight looks even more depressing I haven’t bothered posting for a while.Showers seem to be everywhere but here.

I agree! Today showed so much potential for my location. The wind had totally screwed it today. My PPN no need to originate near Lancaster!

Does anyone know of any counselling groups for people consumed by snow!!! :) 

8 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Starting to break up slightly  but the winds are now bringing the showers towards the black country and Brum areas  

Yeah breaking a little bit loads more forming and should continue on the same path for some time once it gets going

Looks like it’s game over for any of us in the East Mids unless the winds suddenly change allowing the precipitation to head in a E/NE’ly direction.

Edited by Josh Rubio
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

From what I can see o radar it’s got Birmingham areas name on it

Just downed my tea quick and I’m back, in that time I’ve noticed it’s broken up a tad, but yes it’s veered to a northwesterly, our names are on it for sure.

click animation and you can see the wind has changed 🥳

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

13 minutes ago, #windysnow# said:

I agree! Today showed so much potential for my location. The wind had totally screwed it today. My PPN no need to originate near Lancaster!

Does anyone know of any counselling groups for people consumed by snow!!! 🙂

Storme's Snowless Counselling Group! 😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Storme
Snowless not Shoeless!

Cheshire gap streamer in full force currently. 

Screenshot_20190122-190947.thumb.png.41cde71f047a281dd4de760a710fe4ea.png

A number have passed through here this afternoon. 

22 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

We have a covering, it's staying as snow as it gets lighter. Maybe this might deliver something

We have the same - about an inch down and where cars have driven over it in the carpark it's stayed white, ie hasn't melted under pressure of tyres... 

• Like 1

Met office 1 us amateurs 0 radar showers have broken up very quickly and nothing else of any substance forming 

Snowing again here in Walsall, about our 5th shower, and everything covered in a nice 1 - 2cms.

• Like 1

Well that didn't take long to fragment did it, fading now, just a light slushy coating away from the road.

Hmm. Computer models all forecasting a good chance of frequent snow showers, Met Office regional forecasting saying snow showers in Staffordshire and Shropshire, and the wind direction looking good for here but the showers are somehow moving in a different direction. May have to throw in the towel after all.

Edited by MattStoke

Nice covering now although it's gone light. Radar shows more heading for west mids

9 minutes ago, beefy201 said:

Met office 1 us amateurs 0 radar showers have broken up very quickly and nothing else of any substance forming 

Have you seen what’s brewing in the Irish Sea.

3BEB9AE1-F490-4156-A28C-D6A3BCAFC5BE.thumb.png.37e45683c696e4ac0e35dec626df0e4e.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweatyman said:

massive gap heading for brum. wow

Yeah, that should help temperatures plummet before the next reload up to the NW.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

3BEB9AE1-F490-4156-A28C-D6A3BCAFC5BE.thumb.png.37e45683c696e4ac0e35dec626df0e4e.png

Not better than earlier unfortunately will die as it tracks SE 

6 minutes ago, beefy201 said:

Not better than earlier unfortunately will die as it tracks SE 

9929B339-0DB1-4D82-A5B7-5F6F70178E0A.thumb.png.6d37680f73de8f0bd1714946e1bd62d6.png

16 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Happy to just have a glass tbf lol but joking apart lack of convection won’t help it travel too far inland