Jump to content
DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

A lot of people in the NW thread are reporting rain/sleet. 

Its early yet. Settling snow more likely after dark this evening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MET app is awful   its now upgraded me to heavy snow  for 4 hours  and light snow for 3   dont know why i bother looking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

MET app is awful   its now upgraded me to heavy snow  for 4 hours  and light snow for 3   dont know why i bother looking

Automated forecasts in general are useless. Especially in showery conditions. For here it keeps changing between heavy snow tonight, heavy snow this afternoon, and light snow throughout.

Edited by MattStoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports of golf ball sized snowflakes from the northwest thread lol!!st helens i think!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shaky said:

Reports of golf ball sized snowflakes from the northwest thread lol!!st helens i think!!

Yep its already turning Met app also says snow all the way now at just 1hr away it cant be wrong surely lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shaky said:

Reports of golf ball sized snowflakes from the northwest thread lol!!st helens i think!!

They'd better grab some driver clubs, we want snow here also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated Euro4  shows the Trough as heavy snow as it crosses the region  then a north westerly setting in 

image.thumb.png.029653f908072a72fa6a06a5fd701cf6.png

Edited by weirpig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Updated Euro4  shows the Trough as heavy snow as it crosses the region  then a north westerly setting in 

image.thumb.png.029653f908072a72fa6a06a5fd701cf6.png

Last update had the trough as mostly rain/sleet. Upgrade!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MattStoke said:

Last update had the trough as mostly rain/sleet. Upgrade!

Yes Matt I noticed that  was just about to Edit post   some nice surprises maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Updated Euro4  shows the Trough as heavy snow as it crosses the region  then a north westerly setting in 

image.thumb.png.029653f908072a72fa6a06a5fd701cf6.png

Wierpig its a massive upgrade now says 10 hours of Snow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snow accumulation from that latest update. Shows most snow from this evening right through to tomorrow morning, but also some snow from the trough this afternoon.

19012309_2_2206.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snow on the coast from the trough in the NW good luck to you all

C.S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Wierpig its a massive upgrade now says 10 hours of Snow.

Mate thats a huge upgrade!!looks like a band of snow more than just a trough!!and it looks way heavier aswel!!could be a fun rush hour!!also it arrives just as it gets dark!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at the track and speed of the PPN I think (now proabably put a curse on it lol 🙂 ) we could do well in this part of the mids, as by the time it gets here temps and dew points will have dropped further and also the ground is still cold from the frost this morning.

METO for my area keep swinging between light and heavy snow. although last couple of updates have us down for heavy snow for a couple of hours just the time of arrival keeps changing. fingers crossed

Edited by #windysnow#
is it breaking up over wales??????????????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shaky said:

Mate thats a huge upgrade!!looks like a band of snow more than just a trough!!and it looks way heavier aswel!!could be a fun rush hour!!also it arrives just as it gets dark!

It also has the band over us at 3pm  which is later than progged   which for me is a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not convinced it will fall as much snow, if any, this far East. According to friends who live in Loughborough it generally fizzles out before it gets there, so being the other side of it I may miss out. Shame we didn't get that Easterly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dew point rising steadily here wasn't expecting that  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shaky said:

Mate thats a huge upgrade!!looks like a band of snow more than just a trough!!and it looks way heavier aswel!!could be a fun rush hour!!also it arrives just as it gets dark!

I think we're right on the edge. We might just miss the whole thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Storme said:

I am not convinced it will fall as much snow, if any, this far East. According to friends who live in Loughborough it generally fizzles out before it gets there, so being the other side of it I may miss out. Shame we didn't get that Easterly.

Same here. I'm in Melton and we rarely seem to get a good dumping (although last year was good). Here's hoping though!
 

Teachers will be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of a snow day!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, shaky said:

Still frosty here!!ground and on cars!!

Same here and its clouded over now the ppn will be here shortly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Same here. I'm in Melton and we rarely seem to get a good dumping (although last year was good). Here's hoping though!
 

Teachers will be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of a snow day!
 

It's my first year up here. I was down south last year and our corner of Surrey was the only place not to get heavy snow. Just a light covering. We did get the frozen rain which was extremely interesting to watch though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 inch on paved surfaces but where snow lay first on car/grass it’s 3 inches...just been out to feed the birds and fill the feeders.... huge flakes of snow earlier....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...