Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Guest Delete Me

I live in Crewe and work in Stoke, on Friday evening Crewe had zero snow and Stoke (10 miles SE and higher up) had quite the dumping!!

Looking at the forecast and charts for overnight what is to be expected for Stoke?

I never trust NW systems through the Cheshire Gap

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Tbh iv always found our best wind direction for snow here is from the nw.

could be good people 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

I live in Crewe and work in Stoke, on Friday evening Crewe had zero snow and Stoke (10 miles SE and higher up) had quite the dumping!!

Looking at the forecast and charts for overnight what is to be expected for Stoke?

I never trust NW systems through the Cheshire Gap

Live in Talke /Butt Lane mate and used to work for Kidsgrove taxis. Many times ive seen Snow in Talke / Kidsgrove but nothing 4 miles down the road in Alsager.

Guest Delete Me
10 minutes ago, Andypvfc said:

Always the case lower ground missing out especially towards the cheshire plains.

Work in Tunstall and Friday was forecast rain/sleet so you never know...

Posted

Last winter in December Shrewsbury did very well out of the Cheshire gap. We had big long showers one after another. One of the best I can remember 

Posted

Must admit I don't understand the excitement over just a few cms from showers. Why can't we have several foot like they get in the States and Europe. Lol

Edited by Andypvfc

Posted

Met Office still saying hills only. Total nonsense. They always say that in this setup and I always get clobbered. Look at how good the parameters are!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Tbh I’ll be surprised if there’s much at low ground but don’t think you need to go up much to get some 

Edited by markw2680
Mistake

Posted
1 minute ago, markw2680 said:

Tbh I’ll be surprised if there’s much at low ground tonight but don’t think you need to go up much to get some 

I agree  A Lot of quite high areas in the midlands  i suspect most will see some.  radar watching as always

Posted
1 hour ago, Andypvfc said:

Must admit I don't understand the excitement over just a few cms from showers. Why can't we have several foot like they get in the States and Europe. Lol

Snow is snow, whether that be a few cms or a few feet. Whilst we all want to see 6ft of snow and drifts that bury houses, living on this island a few cms of snow is an enjoyable rarity in itself.

Posted

Met Office regional forecast now changed to 'Snow to low levels at times' - They always say high ground and we always end up with a good dumping of snow in these setups. I wouldn't call 146 m 'High ground'.

Posted
7 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Met Office regional forecast now changed to 'Snow to low levels at times' - They always say high ground and we always end up with a good dumping of snow in these setups. I wouldn't call 146 m 'High ground'.

Is that for the showers that follow or the front?

Posted
7 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Is that for the showers that follow or the front?

The showers. It looks like the showers should continue for some well into Tuesday night, if not Wednesday morning. I reckon there's a good chance of snow settling even to quite low levels after dark on Tuesday, maybe earlier if they're heavy and/or persistent enough. Will be shocked if I don't do well out of this. North westerlies are the snow jackpot for this area normally! Just so long as the wind direction is right.

Posted

Just got in from work and seen the latest looks tasty although showing rain for me at the moment tonight and chance of snow tomorrow lunch time but it's still got time to change. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

The trough on the fax charts will inhance the showers, at this rate it’s a snow event all day long.

A5A8A864-CD40-4097-8BA5-95E2FFDF44B5.thumb.png.d10fecd14488f243f726123dd6769d6e.png

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Andypvfc said:

Well I suppose we take what we can get!

For me (and probably most on here) the snow is something to be welcomed in whatever quantity we get. Although it can be a pain for travel (not so much for me as my commute is very local - but I appreciate it makes if difficult for some), snowfall is magical. It reminds me of being a kid again when it seemed to come out of nowhere, looking at an ashen sky with huge flakes falling.

Not holding out too much hope here in the East Mids but you never know.,

And thanks to everyone on here for their insight. I never knew there were so many like minded weather enthusiasts out there!

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

The trough on the fax charts will inhance the showers, at this rate it’s a snow event all day long.

A5A8A864-CD40-4097-8BA5-95E2FFDF44B5.thumb.png.d10fecd14488f243f726123dd6769d6e.png

Then the potential for a Cheshire Gap streamer through the night and into Wednesday morning. I love the Cheshire Gap since moving here 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Then the potential for a Cheshire Gap streamer through the night and into Wednesday morning. I love the Cheshire Gap since moving here 

Is it still showing the same for tomorrow on 12z?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
7 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Have a look at the MO video it’s show them showers well into the evening ?

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Have a look at the MO video it’s show them showers well into the evening ?

The Beeb showed them well into Wednesday, as per the Euro4 model 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

The Beeb showed them well into Wednesday, as per the Euro4 model 

The 12z Arome shows us under streams of Snow Tuesday Night into the early hours. 

• Like 2

Posted
39 minutes ago, weirpig said:

The 12z Arome shows us under streams of Snow Tuesday Night into the early hours. 

Is that for the west mids or central midlands aswell!!