Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, RobR said:

A stunner today, murky early on but cloud burnt off and the heat returns. Lovely!

all change on monday, about 10 GFS runs on the trot, going for 13-14 degrees max, potentially coolest day since Apr il

wtf, was meant to be good

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Not sure what it’s like back at home, but some nice, sunny weather about in the South-West of the region currently.

Was cloudier earlier, though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Was a lovely day, started cloudy again then cleared at lunchtime. Very warm at the Nantwich food festival (technically Northwest though)

Posted

horrible cold front, was amazed though at how late it made it here, 5pm, hopefully will be cleared by morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Just cloudy here. Cool but I personally am happy with that. 

The trees have started to turn early. Noticeable lack of flowers on a lot of plants this summer too. 

I suspect winter won't be so bad up here this year. Shame I missed it. I may never see a winter like that again, up here. 

Posted

Some of your may have heard of Martyn Wells from UKweatherworld.

He is a stage 4 cancer patient who had his whole stomach removed in March.  

He is currently walking the Severn Way to raise funds for MacMillan Nurses,   Today he did 33 miles ......

He should be on local TV doing the weather forecast with Shefali tomorrow

I will be joining him in Worcs on Friday to walk down to Glos.

the most amazing person it has been my privilege to know!

www,severnway2018,com

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
12 hours ago, Essan said:

Some of your may have heard of Martyn Wells from UKweatherworld.

He is a stage 4 cancer patient who had his whole stomach removed in March.  

He is currently walking the Severn Way to raise funds for MacMillan Nurses,   Today he did 33 miles ......

He should be on local TV doing the weather forecast with Shefali tomorrow

I will be joining him in Worcs on Friday to walk down to Glos.

the most amazing person it has been my privilege to know!

www,severnway2018,com

Essan...

Thanks for the 'heads up'.

Which route for the Worcs to Glouc walk?

MIA

Posted
On 06/09/2018 at 09:35, Midlands Ice Age said:

Essan...

Thanks for the 'heads up'.

Which route for the Worcs to Glouc walk?

MIA

Sorry, only just saw this

Straight along the Severn Way - footpath east side of the river.  Starting from The Old Rectifying House (pub) near the bridge after lunch (1pmish) - then to Upton tonight.  Start tomorrow at the Swan pub, finishing at Glos Docks around 6pmish tomorrow

Should be a fairly large group both days, plus we have some kayakers accompanying us tomorrow!

Edited by Essan

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Up to 21.0 °C here today. It's been a little while since I've broken the big 2-0! Pretty cloudy and breezy, though -- in terms of feel last Wednesday, although cooler, was nicer.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Persistent heavy drizzle, With the odd moderate burst of rain for the past hour.

Temp 16c

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Woke in the night feeling hot to find it very mizzly here East of Loughborough. 

Brightening up a bit with sun trying to poke through and feeling muggy. Oregon weather clock reading 20.3 degrees C in the bedroom. And it seems we have been upgraded to be in the path of storm Helene.

Screenshot_20180917-101856_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20180917-101905_Samsung Internet.jpg

Posted

Sorry double post.

Edited by Storme

Posted

As quite as anything outside. I am also seeing weather runs saying it's going to be bad on Sunday too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Most of the forecast sites have heavy rain for Thursday, but interestingly XC has SWerlies gusting to 40mph on Wednesday and fri, then Thurs in the middle with sudden Eerlies bringing the deluge - real "eye of the storm" stuff! 

the weekend looks seriously bad for W.Midlands, acc'g XC, with winds gusting to 60mph - but the MetO seems not to be bothered about it at present. 

It certainly looks like an interesting week of weather coming up! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Hmm, not good. I have to go to a funeral on Friday, so I have a totally non-negotiable long journey on Thursday! Looks like it's going to be a pretty grim journey; I might have to allow some extra time. Then travelling home on Saturday and it might be the same again! Have to say I really do not want the XC solution to come true this time. Go MetO!

Back to the here and now: a couple of warm days -- 21.1 °C yesterday, 20.5 °C today -- but very different feels. Yesterday was rather pleasant, with a decent amount of sunshine and the breeze stopping it being too humid. Today was murky almost throughout with some light drizzle plaguing the area from time to time.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer of 95 said:

Absolutely belting down outside. Why has Helene changed her name to Ali?

separate thing I think, worst day for us is Thursday, never mind named storms, 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

Morning all, my neighbours tree has had a large branch fall off, this is the first time after Storm Doris, damage has occurred which is surprising as the strongest winds are well north of the Midlands, one wonders what would occur if the GFS is correct?

6b361610035147ce5d0ca4230cc2d2a05db923e100ec0ad56dfc7584c5073af3.jpg

Posted
10 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Thursday night  Friday Morning   could be rough in some parts   something to keep an eye on.

Hi Weirpig, are you expecting Sunday to be the windiest though?

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

iconeu-11-44-0.png?19-11     With windspeeds like this for Friday from the Icon.  i hope not

Wow, didn't see that as my focus has been on Sunday, do you think there is a possibility of being issued with an Amber Warning for Friday or do you suspect it will remain Yellow.

Posted
Just now, AppleUK 123 said:

Wow, didn't see that as my focus has been on Sunday, do you think there is a possibility of being issued with an Amber Warning for Friday or do you suspect it will remain Yellow.

Maybe.  The Aperge model is very similar  maybe a touch lower on wind speeds.  The icon above puts wind speeds  not far from Storm Doris.  and there was carnage that day   so if its anything like above  Amber warnings i would have thought.

• Like 1