Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Absolutely cloudless here on Wednesday. On previous otherwise cloudless days, there have been a very few on the horizon at sunset, but not this time. Maximum was 26.7 °C, so dead on 80 °F. A rather pleasanter feel than on Tuesday thanks to a slight breeze. All in all, an excellent day.

This weather does have its downsides, though. Obviously the fire risk, but I see also that Severn Trent have put out a press release asking people to conserve water. No actual hosepipe bans, but an understandable request not to use water-guzzling sprinklers or wash cars excessively:

https://www.stwater.co.uk/news/news-releases/severn-trent-asks-customers-to-use-water-carefully-to-avoid-low-/

Posted

Just to the west of the mist and cloud. Bathed in sunshine at the start of another cracking day. A fresh start at 11'C. The mist and cloud in the east of the sky dissipating nicely

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
11 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Just to the west of the mist and cloud. Bathed in sunshine at the start of another cracking day. A fresh start at 11'C. The mist and cloud in the east of the sky dissipating nicely

always better there, this location the mist sticks to, maybe because of a lower elevation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
37 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

always better there, this location the mist sticks to, maybe because of a lower elevation

I'll admit, this morning the low cloud was extensive as soon as you left the A500 onto the M6. To the North a cloudless start but it seems to have burned off very quickly today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Not sure if there was any of the grey stuff here earlier on, but the Solihull Cloud Shield is currently operating at 100% power.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
6 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Not sure if there was any of the grey stuff here earlier on, but the Solihull Cloud Shield is currently operating at 100% power.

DRL...

I can confirm that we had cloud earlier on (around 05:00) but it was not as thick as yesterday and was not solid.

MIA

• Like 1

Posted

Glad it disappeared quickly.

Seems pretty cool and fresh this morning, but temperature approaching 16*C.

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
6 hours ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Glad it disappeared quickly.

Seems pretty cool and fresh this morning, but temperature approaching 16*C.

We've now reached 27.3°C, which is pretty much where we got to yesterday as a max temp.

Yet another cloudless sky, although we had a noticeable breeze earlier which seems to have disappeared as the afternoon has progressed.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
Just now, Bishop Brennan said:

We've now reached 27.3°C, which is pretty much where we got to yesterday as a max temp.

Yet another cloudless sky, although we had a noticeable breeze earlier which seems to have disappeared as the afternoon has progressed.

Bish

You had clouds bubble up at all? Had a few in kings norton this pm

Posted

Just a few clouds in the distance to my East. Surprised to see rain so close to the East coast. Don't think that was in any forecast.

Posted
16 minutes ago, Bishop Brennan said:

Bish

Been a few odd little cumulus clouds dotted about this afternoon as Sweatyman has noted, especially to the South (still a few about now), although aside from that it’s been pretty much cloud-free with constant sunshine. ?☀️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
16 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Just a few clouds in the distance to my East. Surprised to see rain so close to the East coast. Don't think that was in any forecast.

That's because there isn't any!:good:

The only possibility I can invent, is that some virga might be falling from the narrow band of cirrussy-cirrostratussy-cirro-altocumulussy cloud that's just passing across from the NE...?

• Like 1

Posted
35 minutes ago, Sweatyman said:

You had clouds bubble up at all? Had a few in kings norton this pm

A few are drifting by right now, but not many. Looks like they have appeared from the NE.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

slightly hazier skies today, less blue, means humidity increased? feels warmer today, no cumulus here, mist lifted very quickly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Another clear, hot, sunny day here. We went to Melton earlier and there was more cloud there. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Another day of blue skies and hot sunshine. Ho hum. Max today was 26.9 °C. I'd guess it's pretty unlikely we'll get to 30 °C here; I think it would have happened on Tuesday if it was going to. Might feel hotter by Sunday though with the possible increase in humidity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Today's sunshine will take the June total above 200 hours, making it the second consecutive month with more than 200 hours of sunshine. The last time that happened here was July/August 1989.

• Like 1

Posted

That fog and low cloud yesterday early morning was very welcome,making it cool.

East wind picking up from now on,thundery showers now put back till Thursday,drought continues,burning will be quite interesting that 1976 style summer carries on.

Posted
52 minutes ago, shaky said:

Latest arpege 06z goes crazy hot sunday!!temps widely across the midlands of 32-33 degrees and humid aswell!!

I've been wondering about the humidity. It's been quite low so far. Or at least it's felt low to me. Is this likely to increase over the coming few days? 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Rammie said:

I've been wondering about the humidity. It's been quite low so far. Or at least it's felt low to me. Is this likely to increase over the coming few days? 

Very much so!!wont feel.like the last week thats for sure!!a lot more uncomfortable!!

• Thanks 1

Posted

Rinse and repeat on Friday: 26.9 °C max, so all the last three days have topped out in the 26s.

Sunday looks... interesting!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

June 2018 will be the first one since 1975 here with no completely sunless days. The 4th and the 8th came close though with just 0.06 hrs and 0.03 hrs respectively.

• Like 2