Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, RobR said:

Thought it was just a shower risk or is it more significant?

looks more significant sadly, coming in from the west as a front, not really moving east either

fax24s.gif?1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Made it to 17.2 °C on Saturday, a new 2018 high. I'll be pretty annoyed if that isn't beaten in the next few days, though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
On 4/15/2018 at 02:22, Arctic Hare said:

Made it to 17.2 °C on Saturday, a new 2018 high. I'll be pretty annoyed if that isn't beaten in the next few days, though!

YES! we are getting there, just 14c/15c across the Midlands today.....Thursday/Friday looking good..... 20C TO 23C SOUNDS MUCH BETTER 8)

• Like 1

Posted

Been an absolutely miserable day today. Very breezy and dull with thick cloud all day, not one appearance of the sun. Drizzle has now arrived, which was not forecast according to the BBC. A high of 13 degrees. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

been vile! TM air looking at charts, certainly would feel warmer off this setup in Dec and Jan

April though cold if no sun

Posted

The wait for bright and warm weather continues. Yesterday was a terrible 14C and cloudy after continuous downgrades. I swear the forecast for Tuesday a few days ago was sunny and 18C. And its a cloudy start this morning too. Looks like Thursday will be the only good day. We have gone from a 6 day warm spell to a 1 day one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
1 hour ago, Snowy L said:

The wait for bright and warm weather continues. Yesterday was a terrible 14C and cloudy after continuous downgrades. I swear the forecast for Tuesday a few days ago was sunny and 18C. And its a cloudy start this morning too. Looks like Thursday will be the only good day. We have gone from a 6 day warm spell to a 1 day one.

Good Morning Snowy L,

I hope you are wrong. Today my wife and I are leaving a warm and very sunny Essex for a two day stay near Witney in Oxfordshire. Hopefully I am in the correct thread for that location. We were promised very warm weather especially tomorrow, but still pleasantly warm thereafter. Any signs if it getting any brighter yet?

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Still largely cloudy here, though I'm not surprised as cloud is frequently much more stubborn in this location than the forecasts suggest. It's reasonably high cloud and not the recent horrible murk and gloom, so it still feels quite pleasant.

Some short stretches of hazy sunshine starting to appear from time to time now, and bits of blue sky visible, so things are improving. Max so far (during one of the sunny intervals) was 19.1  °C, though it's fallen back a bit now. I'm really hoping for a 20 °C today -- certainly on the cards if the sun can break through just a bit more.

Posted

Yaaaaaay, just recorded our first 20.0°C of the year here!!!! :yahoo::good::yahoo:

Exactly one month on from the ice day of March 18th, in fact this time last month we were shivering at -0.4°C right now :cold:

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

The weather is so beautiful today! ?????☀️

• Like 2

Posted

Done it! A few minutes of stronger sunshine, and all of a sudden it's 20.1 °C . :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
4 hours ago, Bishop Brennan said:

Yaaaaaay, just recorded our first 20.0°C of the year here!!!! :yahoo::good::yahoo:

Exactly one month on from the ice day of March 18th, in fact this time last month we were shivering at -0.4°C right now :cold:

Bish

Hi all......Ive max out at 23.2c today and still at 22.5c at 5pm :D

It feels like we've bypassed spring today and gone straight to summer....:yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, claret047 said:

Good Morning Snowy L,

I hope you are wrong. Today my wife and I are leaving a warm and very sunny Essex for a two day stay near Witney in Oxfordshire. Hopefully I am in the correct thread for that location. We were promised very warm weather especially tomorrow, but still pleasantly warm thereafter. Any signs if it getting any brighter yet?

Kind Regards

Dave

Good Afternoon Claret, looks like I may have over-reacted :rofl: Weather was fine from amout 10am onwards.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
5 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Hi all......Ive max out at 23.2c today and still at 22.5c at 5pm :D

It feels like we've bypassed spring today and gone straight to summer....:yahoo:

• Yep pretty good for April.

I think it may be warmer than my trip to the Algarve/Southern Spain next week.:cc_confused:

I went to Morocco in mid Feb when it was colder  there than it was here.

Lightening cannot strike again.      Can it?

MIA 

Posted

Max of 22.1 °C here today. I'm pretty happy with that. Hoping for a slightly higher max tomorrow, though -- and my first ice cream of the year! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

It was so beautiful today, I was stuck inside at work for the whole thing, finished at sunset :-( Hoping for some fresh air tomorrow afternoon....

Posted

Temperature already approaching 18*C here (but feels more like 20*C) with the Sunshine Shield completely bust up!

Posted

26.3*C now! ?

• Like 1