Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Recommended Posts

MO warning for Monday updated. Main risk is above 200 metres, with localised snow accumulations to lower levels.

15766B5F-D8BE-4D0D-96BD-320F904B8115.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised it hasn't been removed - at least from the south.  And replaced with one for flooding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Essan said:

I'm surprised it hasn't been removed - at least from the south.  And replaced with one for flooding!

Essan..

Two flood warnings have been issued for the SW.     Due to the rainfall today and Monday..

You'll have to be a bit more patient for here.

(try May!!!):yahoo:

MIA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very heavy rain here with some sleety hail mixed in again. Like an exact replica of yesterday! 

5FC8A695-CD07-482C-ABF6-95EDED5413E1.thumb.png.7638708ba64929f44ca6285c0aa506ac.png

B3495401-1043-4F56-8055-474D9F8735A9.thumb.jpeg.5437bbb4d4af4973ebf217e8daafa013.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy showers here currently with hail/sleet mix.

Temp 3.8c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

Game over for Birmingham south on Monday. Very brief possibility of snow but mainly a washout

Once again another defeatist post from none other than WalsallWeather123, Monday has always been a marginal situation so don't know why your saying 'game over' for anyone south of Birmingham, you must be able to see into the future..

Today for eg parts of Exmoor and Dartmoor saw falling and settling snow which was not forecast, nobody really knows in these situations!

Edited by AppleUK 123
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been moving the boat from Loughborough towards market Harborough today, rain has been incessant since 3pm through the south side of Leicester.  It was OK at first as no wind, but the wind picked up a lot in the last 2 hours and made it miserable.

River soar will go back into flood tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, AppleUK 123 said:

Once again another defeatist post from none other than WalsallWeather123, Monday has always been a marginal situation so don't know why your saying 'game over' for anyone south of Birmingham, you must be able to see into the future..

Today for eg parts of Exmoor and Dartmoor saw falling and settling snow which was not forecast, nobody really knows in these situations!

Exmoor and Dartmoor are high ground lol. I'm talking about the towns and cities. And it's not defeatist. It's based on model output. All show majority rain Bham southwards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Very heavy rain here with some sleety hail mixed in again. Like an exact replica of yesterday! 

5FC8A695-CD07-482C-ABF6-95EDED5413E1.thumb.png.7638708ba64929f44ca6285c0aa506ac.png

B3495401-1043-4F56-8055-474D9F8735A9.thumb.jpeg.5437bbb4d4af4973ebf217e8daafa013.jpeg

DRL...

 Is that a keep net I see?

Yep the rain has been continuous since the shower at about 15:00, and continues to get heavier.

The temperature is falling steadily as well.

 Now at 4.0C.

 MIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

DRL...

 Is that a keep net I see?

Yep the rain has been continuous since the shower at about 15:00, and continues to get heavier.

The temperature is falling steadily as well.

 Now at 4.0C.

 MIA

Hi Midlands Ice Age, 

It’s the sleeve of my black woolly jumper. Tried to catch the hail/sleety bits with it earlier. 😂

Could almost be cold enough for actual sleet now, with the way the temperature continues to drop (around 4.5*C here in this part of Solihull, so a smidge milder).

Radar however does show the rain/sleety stuff may clear soon from our South-East, although it’s possible some of the heavier areas toward the East/North-East may pivot around the Low Pressure towards us 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely dismal weather 

before the rain today it felt like mid winter , 5 deg with a keen windchill 

even so hoping for snow to fall Monday to give 6 yes 6 Calender months in a row of falling snow 

......,🤞🏻

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very wet dull morning here with low cloud and persistent moderate rain.

Temp 1.5c

Wind chill 0.4c

Dp 1.2c

Wind NNE

Rain 5.7mm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Polar Maritime said:

A very wet dull morning here with low cloud and persistent moderate rain.

Temp 1.5c

Wind chill 0.4c

Dp 1.2c

Wind NNE

Rain 5.7mm

PM..

 Yep certainly a dreadful day again after a more or less continuous 18 hours of rainfall giving 16mms of rainfall.

 Now over 100mms here this month.

It looks a bit brighter now, but is still drizzling in the strong ENE wind. 

Typical Easter weather!

Temperatures fell to a low of 2.9C earlier in the night and it turned to the usual blobby/sleety mix for an hour, but never progressed further.

This morning the temperature is currently at 5.6C after 4.3C earlier and now rising.

I am starting to think about next months CET comp now, but I have no real idea. Are we still being impacted by the SSW?

Will the southerly jet stream move north? Will we get a drier anticyclone????:cc_confused::nonono::pardon:

Will my natural inclination to support cold, continue to bear fruit?

Anyone help me?

MIA 

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yellow warning ⚠️ for snow cancelled for Leicestershire. Replaced with yellow warning for rain. Pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barometer Cat said:

Yellow warning ⚠️ for snow cancelled for Leicestershire. Replaced with yellow warning for rain. Pants.

If I put this I would have been accused of been defeatist lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

If I put this I would have been accused of been defeatist lol

Nothing to be defeatist about TBH. Not complaining really either. Not keen on heavy rain and did not expect snow. 😁:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, matty40s said:

 

River soar will go back into flood tonight

Cossington lock on the river Soar, came through it yestrday in glorious sunshine. The nearest lock gates are usually 7 feet above the lower water level.

image000000.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A cold day, Currently 4.9c and light rain

Snow chances have all but  Disappeared  with the MO stating just rain now and full on for bank Monday....great :nonono:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

A cold day, Currently 4.9c and light rain

Snow chances have all but  Disappeared  with the MO stating just rain now and full on for bank Monday....great :nonono:

ECM gives a seemingly decent event some snow for all of you at least for a time.. I’m confident some of you will see snow for a number of hours.

 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

ECM gives a seemingly decent event some snow for all of you at least for a time.. I’m confident some of you will see snow for a number of hours.

 

Thanks Daniel for your valued input, I always like your optimism and courage to speak your mind in regards to the weather!:)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AppleUK 123 said:

Thanks Daniel for your valued input, I always like your optimism and courage to speak your mind in regards to the weather!:)

Thanks :) it’s wise to look at everything this scenario is not straightforward. There’s been a few times this winter and spring Met had nothing for me and models. Exeter had snowfall yesterday totally not forecasted. Courtesy of evaporative cooling reckon this will be a player too.   

F29E5DD0-0AFE-45D1-B636-90F5EE3B06CD.thumb.gif.ce4db2f0813f977461874c1d8a01e9e6.gifD7D0E7E3-FC93-44A5-85D9-0E57B90F4611.thumb.gif.871ad3278476e9abba2f17f26a265ac6.gifA1827EA7-41C0-4C8B-A06B-FCF8FF4B6F3B.thumb.png.e68aba49fb722a4ed2ebd1827869fa38.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

Game over for Birmingham south on Monday. Very brief possibility of snow but mainly a washout

I agree with you on this one maybe a couple of hours of sleet and/or snow in the colder hours but milder air turning in back to rain for most of us during Monday daytime, south of Birmingham may get localised snowfall but like you set it may just stay as rain here. But as ever time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

ECM gives a seemingly decent event some snow for all of you at least for a time.. I’m confident some of you will see snow for a number of hours.

 

Couple of hours for the hills maybe.....PM & TM defo :good:

For low level snow... Nah!

The forecast is for temps to be around 4c to 5c and dp's not far behind......Rain all the way :nea:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Couple of hours for the hills maybe.....PM & TM defo :good:

For low level snow... Nah!

The forecast is for temps to be around 4c to 5c and dp's not far behind......Rain all the way :nea:

Don’t agree whatsoever silly apps grrr! Euro4 has temps between 2-3C for most of of you. Cold enough just about. (Furthermore there is often added cooling not considered from sustained pretty heavy ppn). And there’s a large disparity still HIRLAM has dew point barely above 0C..

Edited by Daniel*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×