Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

One thing regarding Easter Monday, with a front looking likely to move in from the South, I’d rather it be cold with snow rather than cool with rain.

More disruption to that Low Pressure system to the South/South-West of the U.K. the better, to prevent those milder 850 hPa temperatures from reaching the Midlands. (Admittedly from a greedy point of view). 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

You think the last couple of beasts were good, look at London's temperatures :pardon: wish I was there :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Capture.PNG

On a more realistic note, snow possible for our region at least for a time on Monday.

cap 2.PNG

Edited by Sparkiee storm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
38 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

You think the last couple of beasts were good, look at London's temperatures :pardon: wish I was there :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Capture.PNG

On a more realistic note, snow possible for our region at least for a time on Monday.

cap 2.PNG

Yep Sparklee..

Chances of snow on Monday are now increasing.

As forecast we had a frost last night with the temps falling to -2.2c and a DP of -4.4C. Currently at 4.6C 

This means that  the colder air is, as I suggested,  creeping south. 

The MO is fairly steadfast now on a colder period next week, and the GFS 00Z run has changed to keep the cold until Wednesday. The 06Z is on its way out now.               ECM seems to be moving to the MO position.

The rainfall for this month is looking above average everywhere during March. Mine, however is only just above average at  83.2mms.

Today is looking brightish at the moment, but the cloud is steadily increasing and rain(sleet/hail?) is forecast for this afternoon.

Lets see where we go today.

MIA 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Yep Sparklee..

As forecast we had a frost last night with the temps falling to -2.2c and a DP of -4.4C. Currently at 4.6C 

The MO is fairly steadfast now on a colder period next week, and the GFS 00Z run has changed to keep the cold until Wednesday. The 06Z is on its way out now.               ECM seems to be moving to the MO position.

The rainfall for this month is looking above average everywhere during March. Mine, however is only just above average at  83.2mms.

Today is looking brightish at the moment, but the cloud is steadily increasing and rain(sleet/hail?) is forecast for this afternoon.

MIA 

not on the 06Z, time for summer gear out

ukmaxtemp.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Had a short heavy shower an hour ago which ended with several minutes of sleet.

Posted
4 hours ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Yep Sparklee..

MIA 

haha this winter just isn't ending what so ever, with that snow event it will be 2nd April, crazy stuff.

Posted

Might do a Easter egg hunt for the young nieces and nephew, and paint the eggs white, and then hide them in the snow if we get enough haha, that should make it a little more interesting than usual :rofl::pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Down for snow all day Monday according to METO app. ?Really? 

Posted

Had a brief bit of sleety hail from an area of heavy showery precipitation which recently passed through here. 

Looks like there could be some more heavier bursts to come up from the South according to the radar!

• Like 1

Posted

Beeb going for it.

Met Office regional forecasts has changed from 'Rain and hill snow' to 'Sleet and snow with accumulations'.

F42BBB67-CCAB-4B4F-AF18-9AE830399C30.jpeg

E1619623-FBE5-43C0-BFB1-4974D5106980.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Had a brief bit of sleety hail from an area of heavy showery precipitation which recently passed through here. 

Looks like there could be some more heavier bursts to come up from the South according to the radar!

Yep DWW..

And here..

I did not see any flakes, but sleet was pouring  down the windows for about 10 mins.

We have just had another prolonged shower and again a small amount of sleet was seen.

The temperature has fallen during the afternoon from 6.8C at the onset to 4.6C now, with a DP of 3.6C. 18 mms in the last 24 hours now, so with the forecast of more tomorrow and Sat we could reach 100mms this month.

Already people on the south coast are reporting 120mms. 

Quite a wet cold month.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Yep DWW..

And here..

I did not see any flakes, but sleet was pouring  down the windows for about 10 mis.

We have just had another prolonged shower and again a small amount of sleet was seen.

The temperature has fallen during the afternoon from 6.8C at the onset to 4.6C now, with a DP of 3.6C. 18 mms in the last 24 hours now, so with the forecast of more tomorrow and Sat we could reach 100mms this month.

Quite a wet cold month.

MIA

temps 5.2'c ,dew point just 2.9'c. i'm starting to wonder whether we will see more snow now :-( I bloody well hope not

Posted
4 hours ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Yep DWW..

And here..

I did not see any flakes, but sleet was pouring  down the windows for about 10 mins.

Quite a wet cold month.

MIA

Yo Midlands Ice Age!

If it just been another couple degrees colder at least, could easily have had some very wet snow! Hopefully a chance on Monday, although it looks like it could be rather transient. 

Even though another shot of snow would be nice, so can’t wait for some warmer and settled weather as it just feels like Spring just doesn’t want to spring into action at the moment (sorry about the pun, lol).

A soggy month it certainly has been though! Surpassing my prediction of 80+mm in the March CET thread. :laugh:

DRL

Posted
37 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Yo Midlands Ice Age!

If it just been another couple degrees colder at least, could easily have had some very wet snow! Hopefully a chance on Monday, although it looks like it could be rather transient. 

Even though another shot of snow would be nice, so can’t wait for some warmer and settled weather as it just feels like Spring just doesn’t want to spring into action at the moment (sorry about the pun, lol).

A soggy month it certainly has been though! Surpassing my prediction of 80+mm in the March CET thread. :laugh:

DRL

DRL..

I went for 112.5mm and if rny memory serves me right 4.0C.

My comment was 'cold and wet and dominated by low pressure'.

I need some night frosts as well as the rain already forecast for Friday and Saturday, (Plus a month end reduction by MO).

Oh, oh...

Just looked outside and it is sleeting again. 

I have just been out and seen it in my lamp post!!!

Furthermore I have recorded another 6.3mms in the last 6 hours. Temp now dropping at 3.6C and DP is 3.2C.

Up to  87mms now.

I think  that even  both my guesses will end up being on the low side.!!!!

Remarkable really this 'spring'.

MIA.

• Like 1

Posted
40 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

DRL..

I went for 112.5mm and if rny memory serves me right 4.0C.

My comment was 'cold and wet and dominated by low pressure'.

I need some night frosts as well as the rain already forecast for Friday and Saturday, (Plus a month end reduction by MO).

Oh, oh...

Just looked outside and it is sleeting again. 

I have just been out and seen it in my lamp post!!!

Furthermore I have recorded another 6.3mms in the last 6 hours. Temp now dropping at 3.6C and DP is 3.2C.

Up to  87mms now.

I think  that even  both my guesses will end up being on the low side.!!!!

Remarkable really this 'spring'.

MIA.

PS Just remembered that my rainfall reading for the month is a bit low, because the grandkids knocked the snow of my recording unit 2 weeks ago!!

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
Fixed problem of the reply getting stuck inside quote box - DRL

Posted
36 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

PS Just remembered that my rainfall reading for the month is a bit low, because the grandkids knocked the snow of my recording unit 2 weeks ago!!

For March so far a very wet month!

549E73A3-CCA7-496F-B209-7AD8516EAE46.thumb.png.a11ae400bbbf685096e64e1d80fa03ee.png

Posted
8 hours ago, Daniel* said:

For March so far a very wet month!

549E73A3-CCA7-496F-B209-7AD8516EAE46.thumb.png.a11ae400bbbf685096e64e1d80fa03ee.png

Daniel*

Thanks.... That's amazing. Some areas around 150 - 200 mms around the South West and South Wales, plus SE Ireland.

MIA

Some details for today

Current temp 3.1C Overnight low of 1.2C.

0.6mm extra rainfall.  Fog now clearing.

Posted
1 hour ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Daniel*

Thanks.... That's amazing. Some areas around 150 - 200 mms around the South West and South Wales, plus SE Ireland.

MIA

Some details for today

Current temp 3.1C Overnight low of 1.2C.

0.6mm extra rainfall.  Fog now clearing.

If you look really closely by light purple part of SE Ireland likely high ground with orographic enhancement has seen 480-600mm:shok: that’s the average annual rain we get in London top end! More to come still, they’ll be flooding concerns if this carries on and models look to remain unsettled...

• Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

If you look really closely by light purple part of SE Ireland likely high ground with orographic enhancement has seen 480-600mm:shok: that’s the average annual rain we get in London top end! More to come still, they’ll be flooding concerns if this carries on and models look to remain unsettled...

Daniel*

My eye sight isn't that good these days!!

I even had difficulty seeing the snow falling this month at times!!:D

MIA 

• Like 1

Posted

MO warning for Monday updated. Main risk is above 200 metres, with localised snow accumulations to lower levels.

15766B5F-D8BE-4D0D-96BD-320F904B8115.png