Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Hello! Very very very cold rain here in Hinckley ☔️ TBH did not expect snow or even sleet today round this patch so no loss

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

What a cold horrible wet mess that was, waiting for the background signals to produce in January

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Ive been out and about it's just rain, so glad that freezing rain didn't happen here, but God it feels so cold in the rain here, no snow anywhere in the Midlands it seems.

On the Net weather Snow app its showing all rain, but in the last 30mins all so, its starting to show snow in the North on our region :cold:

Had freezing rain twice here that I can remember, 9th Dec 2010, started as snow, then 45 mins or so of freezing rain, slippy as 'ell, 25th Jan 2013, snow at times but also freezing rain, what a mess on morning of 26th

archives-2010-12-9-12-0.pngarchives-2013-1-25-12-0.png

Posted
3 hours ago, beefy201 said:

Forecasters near the mark really we were in the yellow zone for snow and ice met office is performing shockingly at the moment and have been for the last 16 months 

A warning is not a forecast. A warning warns for the potential of something that COULD happen therefore it might be an idea to prepare just in case.

Too many people look at the warnings without going into the detail of a forecast.

• Thanks 2

Posted

GFS 12Z crap! think we could be looking at a snowless December, yes only 16th, but virtually every GFS run last few days showing very little cold

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

GFS 12Z crap! think we could be looking at a snowless December, yes only 16th, but virtually every GFS run last few days showing very little cold

Cool north westerly around Christmas but not cold enough for any snow. This December is pretty pants. Thank goodness signs further ahead are very good.

Posted
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

The runs always seem to show something different each weekend, only to revert to the week day settings on monday.  maybe.........lack of data? 

Posted
13 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Cool north westerly around Christmas but not cold enough for any snow. This December is pretty pants. Thank goodness signs further ahead are very good.

06Z was a bit better potential post 384, 12Z pants though

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Rain just making inroads here, Temp currently at 3.9c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Good looking line of slow moving squally weather heading our way in the next few hours......could be an interesting rush hour+

Edited by Arnie Pie
Birmingham schools in the 70`s

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Hi all, it’s  all round regarding the weather atm, no Winter Wonderland for Christmas but things seem to be looking good for coldies come January, in the hunt for proper cold maybe on its way as the SSW is now upon us, but we’ve still got to wait for it’s effects to take place as the cold will be displaced to lower regions from the northern extremes.....it could be and hopefully very busy here soon....can’t wait to see some amazing charts as I’m sure they will start appearing by the end of this week....very exciting times head 

Merry Christmas to all.

DWW :santa-emoji:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

A cold day here with temp hovering around 2c with frost and ice still remains in places, Lovely clear blue sky's and no wind to speak of. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Merry Christmas fellow Midlanders. Santa might not have brought us some snow, but at least he’s managed a frost

i have a feeling this is the calm before the (January) storm - fingers crossed! 

Posted

Yes Fizz, Santa has delivered ice/frost to my front door this evening with some lovely ice pattens on the cars, looks very festive out there  :santa-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
12 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Yes Fizz, Santa has delivered ice/frost to my front door this evening with some lovely ice pattens on the cars, looks very festive out there  :santa-emoji:

Merry Xmas and a snowy New Year :cold::yahoo: to you all!

MIA

PS 

Just found a webcam on the slopes of Etna that has snow falling.  (yep in the Med), just hop into the Volcano thread!

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
1 hour ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Merry Xmas and a snowy New Year to you all!

MIA

PS 

Just found a webcam on the slopes of Etna that has snow falling.  (yep in the Med), just hop into the Volcano thread!

Yes MIA.... in the Med makes ya sick, but Mt Enta I believe is over 3300m so it would be well below freezing ?

I remember going up Mt teide in tenerife in the summer,  ASL it was 34c, hour an half later at 3700m it was -2....in shorts aswell ? lol!

Bish, if your out there.....Merry Christmas  

• Like 1

Posted

I know this is well into 06z gfs, but this what we are looking for, the anomie chart, HP over Greenland,  the vortex is nowhere to be seen over the pole :santa-emoji:

1F7014D3-D696-47AE-AF87-B87E8911F5CD.thumb.png.8a51ad1f64010039ec26bd09e8d46357.png

• Like 2

Posted

Meto Yellow warning out for gales North Midlands for the next few hours, Certainly picking up here just now.

Posted

Hi all, hope you’ve had a lovely Christmas  

Now’t much to talk about atm, the models are still struggling to get a grip with the so called SSW but I’m very confident of Winter will land across the UK and the models will start showing this trend very soon but for now we may have a high risk of freezing fog and daytime temps barely above freezing after the new year, if the fog persists during the day that is (Thurs/Fri/Sat) but for sure it’s getting colder this forthcoming week.....at least it’s something for now

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Gosh, so quiet and glum in here....

So, my New Years present to all Midlanders is... we will definitely have a blizzard on 17th January, because I’m having my windows replaced!

There, don’t say I don’t give you anything

Happy 2019

Posted

Hope Your right Fizz,

Hopefully it’ll be Sooner for the white stuff, it’s looking very promising for the second half of January and especially towards the end...HNY all ?

• Like 1

Posted

What a weird sat 24 today!!shower clouds over east Anglia and north sea and clear skies wales and western england but there seems to be cloud just forming in situ across the midlands and central england and it really is not moving much!!anyone know whats causing that?cant be low cloud cos there is nothing in the north sea right now either!!could it be the boundary between cold 850s and mild 850s!

Posted

cloud here seemed to move in from the east, NNE wind will bring cloud in, direct north all midlands would be clear i'd think