Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Flashing and booming away in Longton, Stoke-on-Trent now. I make that the 6th day of thunder and lighting so far this year, with 5 in the past week. Not bad!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Flashing and booming away in Longton, Stoke-on-Trent now. I make that the 6th day of thunder and lighting so far this year, with 5 in the past week. Not bad!

Gah, I missed out by a few weeks. At least I had Saturdays and tonight's here in Solihull to entertain, otherwise I would be miffed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

two thunderstorms here today one was at 5:30 545 and the other one started around 750 I can still hear occasional rumble of thunder and see occasional flashes of lightning this is more thunder I heard today than I did whole of 2019 and also the heavy rain too. The storm at 5:30 had everything really sun lightning thunder and rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

So the biggest best/worst thunderstorm ive ever witnessed, first watching it approach from the S/SE, was strange because the low cloud was moving west to east so opposite to the way storms have been moving the last couple of days i think it was the updraught into the gust front/wall cloud, once that went through all hell broke loose, insane wind gust blowing a bin down the street, very intense rain with a good hail core too with pea sized hail which also lasted a good while, Thunder was constant and lightning was flickering every couple of seconds. Flooded everywhere around here and our garden was a pool. It was mm's from going into the house and nothing even close has ever happened like that before, so it was easily the worst storm we've had here, was spending a while trying to unblock the garden drains and the road one as the water was almost knee deep on the road and above the ankle deep in the garden. All pics are below, sorry for the bad quality of the pics, but also attached a video of the rain. hail and flood in the side walkway.

Flood 2.PNG

Flood 3.PNG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I’ve just had a storm like no other, my road was a river with torrents and white water with in it, the poor people around the corner from me must be flooded......just amazing

• Like 1

Posted

This was the culprit, the big white blob in the snap shot ...half an hour of insane rain 

E90AB996-2E0D-4737-976D-D19C12577B68.thumb.png.0150732b41342edadb3424e314af68b6.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
23 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

This was the culprit, the big white blob in the snap shot ...half an hour of insane rain 

E90AB996-2E0D-4737-976D-D19C12577B68.thumb.png.0150732b41342edadb3424e314af68b6.png

Blimey! Anywhere near Cath de barnes? I've seen bad floods down Lugtrout lane before.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sweatyman said:

Blimey! Anywhere near Cath de barnes? I've seen bad floods down Lugtrout lane before.

I’m not a million from that area, wouldn’t fancy trying to go through the ford down there, white water rafting would come to mind

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

another thunderstorm here just over an hour ago this is quite remarkable I’ve had more thunderstorms in the last week 10 days than whole of 2019 and I think the more on its way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
41 minutes ago, Sweatyman said:

Was very close to Cath De Barnes doing some cleaning work on a drive at the bottom end of Knowle.

Had spent 4 hours on it, when the storm suddenly struck.

I was 10 mins from completion and had just piled up all the dirt and moss for collection, when the rain started.

Thunder peeled out overhead and the deluge (within a minute of starting)  was  washing  all my piles of rubbish back onto the drive again!!    . (I loved it really!)

Gave up. It was truly a very funny moment to see all my 4 hours work undone in 3 minutes flat. The pile was last seen floating down the road.

The rain was an absolute deluge when it hit. Water was running everywhere and forming waves on the street.

I jumped in my car and drove very slowly home through flooded roads with even lorries  parked up and the water  gushing in waves everywhere.

Got home had a shower, changed and am now sat looking at the sun breaking through. My neighbours were out unblocking the local drains.

Really a very nice storm

Looking forward to the Villa match. Wonder if Villa Park is flooded?

MIA 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Was very close to Cath De Barnes doing some cleaning work on a drive at the bottom end of Knowle.

Had spent 4 hours on it, when the storm suddenly struck.

I was 10 mins from completion and had just piled up all the dirt and moss for collection, when the rain started.

Thunder peeled out overhead and the deluge (within a minute of starting)  was  washing  all my piles of rubbish back onto the drive again!!    . (I loved it really!)

Gave up. It was truly a very funny moment to see all my 4 hours work undone in 3 minutes flat. The pile was last seen floating down the road.

The rain was an absolute deluge when it hit. Water was running everywhere and forming waves on the street.

I jumped in my car and drove very slowly home through flooded roads with even lorries  parked up and the water  gushing in waves everywhere.

Got home had a shower, changed and am now sat looking at the sun breaking through. My neighbours were out unblocking the local drains.

Really a very nice storm

Looking forward to the Villa match. Wonder if Villa Park is flooded?

MIA 

I could not of described it better myself, I’d just got back from work and had to run from the car to my house, no more than 15 yards....I’m not exaggerating when I say this *if I’d done the ice bucket challenge I would of been dryer* I’ve never known a deluge like it or in your case a biblical sized ...JET WASH  

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate rain here with thunder lightning every 2 seconds 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow during Winter, Thunder during Summer.

Well, hello! Its been a while i know. Some may remember some may not, from the old times!

My old profile is still on here: https://www.netweather.tv/forum/profile/3585-leekay/

I cant access it anymore due to password & the email account has long gone.

Last nights storm was one of the best, if not the best i have ever seen. I have just had a ramble through the videos (i could not use the DLSR due to heavy rain) And was lucky to capture some half decent lightning, standing in the kitchen! Hope i can upload them soon to here as a newbie now it may take a few posts. Hope your all ok.

Edited by LeeKay/
typo
  • Like 3

Posted
48 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

I could not of described it better myself, I’d just got back from work and had to run from the car to my house, no more than 15 yards....I’m not exaggerating when I say this *if I’d done the ice bucket challenge I would of been dryer* I’ve never known a deluge like it or in your case a biblical sized ...JET WASH  

I have just checked and I have recorded 17.7mms in the 40 minutes it lasted. 

Not a bad rainfall rate at all, considering that most fell in about 15 minutes of pure deluge.

Did not see 1 CG during the storm, but the thunder was constant.

MIA

Posted
4 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

I have just checked and I have recorded 17.7mms in the 40 minutes it lasted. 

Not a bad rainfall rate at all, considering that most fell in about 15 minutes of pure deluge.

Did not see 1 CG during the storm, but the thunder was constant.

MIA

I did see a few CG’s in that time but to be fair the rain was falling a such a rate I’m not surprised we couldn't see anything through that lot, not to sure yet about tomorrow but we’ll see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Possibly if the showery (and perhaps thundery) rain clears away early enough tomorrow and doesn’t leave behind too much of a mess, some storms could very well start ganging up on us again  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

I did see a few CG’s in that time but to be fair the rain was falling a such a rate I’m not surprised we couldn't see anything through that lot, not to sure yet about tomorrow but we’ll see

BBC seem to think wet morning frontal rain, then stuck between the rainband to the north, and thunderstorms/sunny convective to the south, leaving us cloudy, S of region favoured

Posted

I meant to add my old website (wolverhamptonweather.org.uk) has been gone for a good few years but a few snapshots are on wayback machine, maybe some things from the old 'midlands weather forum' ran by Grant in Tammworth (and me for a while) before emigrating to New Zealand.

Anyone one remember? Ahh the days lol

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, LeeKay/ said:

I meant to add my old website (wolverhamptonweather.org.uk) has been gone for a good few years but a few snapshots are on wayback machine, maybe some things from the old 'midlands weather forum' ran by Grant in Tammworth (and me for a while) before emigrating to New Zealand.

Lee..

I can remember you a bit. I joined before the winter started in 2010.

We were discussing Bishop Brennan (bish) the other day. Can you remember him?

Also you must have been around for the WTF moment?

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 1

Posted

Who can't ! Yes - aparrently 6 hours ago he was on here:

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/profile/13544-bishop-brennan/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
19 minutes ago, LeeKay/ said:

I remember you, due to location, near enough my neck of woods

Posted
27 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

BBC seem to think wet morning frontal rain, then stuck between the rainband to the north, and thunderstorms/sunny convective to the south, leaving us cloudy, S of region favoured

Yep that’s why I’m not sure, after the mornings rain if the skies clear and with a little heat you never know

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1