Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes a lovely warm day here to with little wind to speak of, Hoping for some thunderstorms later so keeping an eye on the radar this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A very warm day today, much more humid than anything we've had in a long time. Max 23.2 °C so four-tenths short of my 2020 high, but it certainly felt like the warmest of the year even if it wasn't. The sun disappeared long ago, but though the cloud has looked a little threatening occasionally there's been no actual rain, and it's never felt as though thunder was a real possibility.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

What a difference a day makes

660452C5-3487-47A8-ABE2-6C557B2DF39B.thumb.png.1e76e75ccffdfd60b60322e71405a294.png88202C4C-0E9B-4706-BF48-B0EABFDCE70A.thumb.png.2642ea46934317c055cdf2068c0936cd.png

Posted

23.3c in my back yard today and warm night head 13c to 14c.

Tomorrow I’m looking at just 7c to 9c and 1c to 2c coming Sunday night.

Im finding this interesting as most temperature drops to these extremes are gradual not literally over night.

Oh well, look at the Shetland islands, snow shower with max temps at just 2c to 3c, but with a bone chilling wind-chill of just -4 to -5 and that’s during the day  

Lucky so and so’s ⛄

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Max here has been 23.0 °C, so another pretty good effort, if still short of my year's high. Overcast and humid now (21.2 °C) but no real sense of any imminent thunder. A bit of rain in the Bewdley area showing up on the radar, but nothing noticeable has reached the ground thus far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

A nice storm to end the day, some big thunder claps

Posted

Not a bad effort for these parts. It looked to be dying, but perked up a bit, with thunder every minute or so, lasting about 30-40 minutes. Still raining heavily, but electrical stuff away to the NE now. I was trying to watch Avengers Infinity War, so I was annoyed at splitting my attention!

Edited by davehsug

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Feels more like Winter in the wind today 11c now down from 15c earlier this morning. 

Posted
33 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

Feels more like Winter in the wind today 11c now down from 15c earlier this morning. 

It’s dropping fast, I’m now at 8.4c, yesterday we were kicking out 23’s

Talking of wind, if anybody is walking the dog first thing tomorrow morning, you may want to take a look at this wind chill chart 

1D43BE7C-ABA9-4410-8CE0-4C4572F4ADCE.thumb.png.9f6e6b0a5a5d91eb95db0e8afe1720fd.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
4 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

It’s dropping fast, I’m now at 8.4c, yesterday we were kicking out 23’s

Talking of wind, if anybody is walking the dog first thing tomorrow morning, you may want to take a look at this wind chill chart 

1D43BE7C-ABA9-4410-8CE0-4C4572F4ADCE.thumb.png.9f6e6b0a5a5d91eb95db0e8afe1720fd.png

Fell throughout the afternoon. I recorded 7.8C at 18:00.It is now down to  6.9C (at 20:00) and is still falling, despite the strong winds and cloud.

It looks as if tomorrow will be a really cold May day.

MIA  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
14 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Fell throughout the afternoon. I recorded 7.8C at 18:00.It is now down to  6.9C (at 20:00) and is still falling, despite the strong winds and cloud.

It looks as if tomorrow will be a really cold May day.

MIA  

Aye could see cold air coming in around half six, clearance is the cold air

Posted

Agreed tomorrow will be a very cold May Day

It will feel more like 3c to 4c in that gusty wind

Back to T shirts come the weekend, Hooray  

Edit: 12z ECM 10 day mean looks like sunshine all the way

A7CB04C8-F1FD-495B-BF5A-2FCCEBDB2CB9.thumb.png.973e40a4e0e4352353f9d4d8b4dd9e94.png

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Air frost last night! Min was -0.7 °C. Ice all over car windscreens etc until the sun got to work. Not too bad a day now, though. Not especially warm (13.9 °C max) but occasional sunny breaks and even when it's overcast (eg now) it's nothing like the late-winter feel of yesterday.

Posted

A moderately okay day today, though really nothing at all special for mid-May and a little colder than yesterday in the afternoon. Max 12.8 °C and some occasional bits of warm sunshine. Mostly cloudy, though, and still really too chilly to sit in the garden -- though it does look like warming up in a few days' time.

Posted

Better on Thursday. Considerably more sunshine and after a frosty start (min -1.1 °C) we made it up to 14.5 °C in the afternoon. This felt really pretty good in the sunshine, almost warm for the first time in some days. Signs of some real warmth returning next week, too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Just 0.8 mm of rain here so far this month making it the driest first half of May since 2000 when the first half recorded 0.1 mm. The only other drier first half was in 1980 with 0.4 mm.

Posted

Noticeably warmer again today, with a higher maximum temperature (17.3 °C) and a reasonable amount of sunshine as well. Nothing out of the ordinary for May, though as TM mentions above it really has been a dry month so far. Still looking forward to a few days of decent warmth next week, though I'm not sure how long it's going to last before showery weather finally does appear.

Posted

Oh, that's irritating... a maximum of 19.8 °C today. Another notch up in the warmth stakes, though the increased levels of cloud from yesterday meant it only felt like a small bump. Mind you, I went out for a fairly brisk 20-minute walk in early afternoon and I did feel pretty hot by the end of it. I wonder whether we might just touch 20 °C here tomorrow? It looks a cert for Tuesday even if not.

Posted

What is with the blob of rain that's just sitting to the west of me over Brum? It's just not moving, really weird?

Screenshot_2020-05-18-20-27-58-96_263fc049ba7008d2f6712c9f9000dea9.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
6 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

What is with the blob of rain that's just sitting to the west of me over Brum? It's just not moving, really weird?

yeah. Been so dull for last few hours. Not surprised its raining 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
49 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Not nice today, rain has been stuck here, slowly moving SW I think

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Yeah, 3 hours of rain (albeit quite light) here tonight. At its heaviest at the moment.

Posted

Generally a nice day today. Finally made it back over the magic 20 (max 20.7 °C) and some nice warm sunshine on and off until late afternoon. Then it got much gloomier, and as people have been discussing above some light rain turned up in the evening. Should be dry and bright again by dawn, though. Not a bad outlook, though I'm just starting to fret about the garden if we keep getting dry weather. The wet winter means it's not an immediate threat, but this really is a remarkably long dry(ish!) spell for this time of year.

Posted

Another day ruined by cloud. Getting ridiculous now. Gone from being predicted a full week of nice weather to possibly only Wednesday being a sunny day.