Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Lovely day here, Been out weeding the garden most of the day. Hardly any wind to speak of compared to the last few days. Temps currently 17.7c on the Davis.

Posted

Currently 20C here and getting to the time of year when the sun feels quite strong now. Feeling very warm with no wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Another fine and warm day here (max 20.7 °C) although the pure blue skies have gone. The sunshine is mostly hazy and from time to time the sun goes in altogether. Much lighter winds today, but on balance I'd rather have the breeze and the blue. Not that I should really complain, as this is still a lovely day for April!

Posted

Another lovely warm day here with no wind and clear blue skys, The weather couldn't be any better for gardening. Put my runner beens and sprouts in today, and thinned my lettuce out. It's going to be another glorious evening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Back to almost unbroken sunshine today, an absolute joy of a spring day. 20.0 °C on the dot was the maximum. I'm really going to miss this weather when the less sunny side of our English spring reasserts itself, as will happen before too long. But still, for now I'm enjoying it while I can!

Posted

The last day of cloudless skies for... well, who knows? But knowing the English weather, probably quite a while. Noticeably cooler than yesterday, and indeed the max (so far) has been just 17.4 °C. Still very pleasant outside, but not quite warm enough to sit in the shade in a T-shirt.

Tomorrow's W Mids forecast from the MetO includes this: "Becoming largely cloudy during Sunday with widespread showers, which could be heavy at times." Quite a bit more rain (by recent standards) for the next few days as well. It's going to feel very different.

• Like 1

Posted

Managed to squeeze in another decent day here. 20C with hazy sunshine.

Posted

I wonder what imaginative way the shower will choose to miss this location. We haven't had a proper April shower for a few years now... maybe we shall the next few days>?

Posted

A day of two halves. Up until late afternoon it was another very pleasant one, with a reasonable amount of sunshine (though much more cloud than of late) and a max of 20.6 °C. A noticeably more humid feel, so actually a pretty warm feeling day.

From late afternoon onwards it became overcast, and about half an hour ago there was quite a sharp shower lasting 20-30 minutes. Nothing at all exceptional for April, but the first significant rain here since the 18th. The rain has stopped now, but it's still almost gloomy enough for me to think about putting the lamp on. Temp currently 13.8 °C.

Posted

A better day than expected today. Pretty mild (15.5 °C) and no rain to speak of. Largely overcast, but a few sunny breaks. Very little wind. Remembering that it's still April, I'll take it! At any rate, it was good enough to get a decent amount of gardening done.

Tomorrow, on the other hand, looks ghastly. We'll struggle to reach double figures if the rain is as persistent as forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Until a couple of days ago April looked as though it might be the driest and sunniest on record here, in fact the driest month of any name in the last 50 years. That now looks very unlikely. It could end up being the driest April  only since 2017 and looks likely to be  the sunniest since 2007.

• Like 1

Posted

Absolutely miserable here in Bewdley. Currently 7 °C with the rain still coming down -- not terribly heavily, but certainly too much to go and do anything in the garden. At least things shouldn't be so bad in a day or two.

Posted

Much improved today. By no means great and still plenty of showers -- but at least they were showers, and there was some actual sunshine at times too. Max 14.1 °C, which is more reasonable! Shame the lawn is sopping wet now, but oh well. The next few days look much of a muchness.

Posted

Slipped back a bit today, with more rain and less sun. 12.6 °C max and the wind was a little stronger too so I needed a jumper even when doing my garden exercises. More rain the evening just as the clapping was finishing. Nowhere near as bad as Tuesday, but still quite poor. Hoping for something better and brighter in time for the weekend, not that "weekend" means much for me at the moment!

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

N Midlands torrential showers, hail too rattling through

Quite a contrast then! Very sunny here in Worcs, though I can see a lot more cloud on the northern horizon.

Max was 14.1 °C today and only a couple of brief showers. Breezy, but that's helping to dry the lawn out nicely. Probably the best weather since Sunday lunchtime in these parts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

First of all many congratulations DWW on not only winning the seasonal CET comp, but moving to the top of the yearly rankings.

Please keep it up! We need to have a local winner!  (No pressure then).

I have done alright and moved up 9 places (to 15th) after an abysmal winter season where I kept believing the long range charts which always seem to change after one day into the new month.!!

Also many congrats to DRL for climbing no less than 22 places  last month, I think to 19th.

My one claim to fame - was getting the CET spot on (1st), whilst getting No1 in the EWP competition at the end of the month, only to find it was reduced to no2 by the Hadley figures.!!! Oh well. Still think no one else has got closer in the hunt for the elusive double (My Devon Lock moment!).

My technique that month? I was in Marrakesh at the start time on holiday and submitted my entry before I left (14 days early).

It was a total out of a hat job.LOL 

I nearly did not get included at all, as I was so early and I had reported it the previous months data hoping it would be picked up and when I discovered I was not on the list when I returned on about the 8th of the new month, I wrote to J10 and Roger, and they kindly agreed to put me in by backdating me.! 

The fun of the comp, eh.

MIA

• Thanks 1

Posted

A pretty decent day today, though the morning cloud was annoyingly stubborn to clear. Max 16.0 °C and finally pleasant enough to sit out in the garden (with a jumper) in the afternoon. Probably less than 10% cloud cover now as the sun goes down. A reasonable outlook, too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
On 02/05/2020 at 16:24, Midlands Ice Age said:

First of all many congratulations DWW on not only winning the seasonal CET comp, but moving to the top of the yearly rankings.

Please keep it up! We need to have a local winner!  (No pressure then).

I have done alright and moved up 9 places (to 15th) after an abysmal winter season where I kept believing the long range charts which always seem to change after one day into the new month.!!

Also many congrats to DRL for climbing no less than 22 places  last month, I think to 19th.

My one claim to fame - was getting the CET spot on (1st), whilst getting No1 in the EWP competition at the end of the month, only to find it was reduced to no2 by the Hadley figures.!!! Oh well. Still think no one else has got closer in the hunt for the elusive double (My Devon Lock moment!).

My technique that month? I was in Marrakesh at the start time on holiday and submitted my entry before I left (14 days early).

It was a total out of a hat job.LOL 

I nearly did not get included at all, as I was so early and I had reported it the previous months data hoping it would be picked up and when I discovered I was not on the list when I returned on about the 8th of the new month, I wrote to J10 and Roger, and they kindly agreed to put me in by backdating me.! 

The fun of the comp, eh.

MIA

Thanks MIA,

It’s hard at the top the top ya know

It’ll try my best in bringing the to our region

Posted

Another pretty reasonable day here. 16.4 °C max, but decent enough for some light gardening. Would have liked a bit more sunshine, but when it did appear (early afternoon especially) it was pleasantly warm. The forecast easterlies for the next couple of days are good news for me -- my garden is so arranged that I can sit snugly in the shelter of a hedge and enjoy the blue skies! UV pretty strong by this time of the spring though (forecast to reach 6 tomorrow), so I'll be keeping in the shade for the most part.

Posted

A lovely day today, so long as you were out of the E'ly wind. Blue skies for most of the day. Back to sitting in the garden! Tomorrow looks much the same, then less sun but higher temps for a while. My 2020 max remains 23.6 °C, and I don't think that will be reached, but getting over 20 °C again at last seems pretty likely.

Posted

Early haze has cleared and it's now clear skies and warming up. 18C. Just hope we avoid the showers later.

Posted

No rain here, though the haze was quite thick for much of the morning. After that, another fine day with plenty of sunshine and a warm feel as temps reached 21.6 °C. Sunday is going to come as a bit of a shock!

Posted

Another warm one today, 20C, but far too much cloud around.