Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

First 20 of the year here too, with 20.4 °C the max. In all honesty though it didn't really feel it thanks to the wind and quite limited sun. In terms of feel while sitting in the garden with a book, the unbroken sunshine and light winds of two weeks ago definitely felt warmer. Excellent for walking, though -- the first time I've broken 10,000 steps during the lockdown, with about 7,500 of those in the garden! (1,500 or so indoors and around 1,000 going to post a birthday card as my permitted public exercise session.)

The forecast suggests lighter winds coming up, and I'm looking forward to that. A little light gardening may even be on the cards!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

It's raining!

Proper rain for the first time in over 3 weeks!

Posted

screenhunter-01-apr-07-17-29.gif

Well where has this cloud in the south come from, thought it was supposed to be

reasonably sunny for most of the uk for the next 3 ish days?, well hope this stuff clears

overnight becos if it dont wednesday maybe dissapointing

Posted

Well the last few days have all been ruined by 1 of cloud, low temperatures, wind or a combination of the three. Finally we have a day with no cloud, no wind and good temperatures. Absolutely perfect out there currently 21C ☀️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Now that was a good day! Perfect for doing some gardening, then relaxing with a book and a cold drink. Max 20.2 °C, which is two-tenths shy of my 2020 high but it felt easily the warmest of the year thanks to so much sunshine and so little wind. If there is such a thing as lovely lockdown weather, this was it.

Posted

And another one! 20.9 °C today, a new high for this year. Beautiful weather, split between doing some gardening and, again, sitting around with a book and cool drink.

Posted

Just a bit of haze here, but not enough to weaken the sunshine. 16C.

Posted

Smashed my 2020 record this Good Friday, with 23.0 °C recorded! Heaps of sunshine too, though it became increasingly hazy from late afternoon onwards. For the first time I felt really quite hot doing my brisk walking in the back garden, to the extent I decided to be careful and had three shorter walks rather than one long one. In spite of everything, a stunning day for those of us with the luxury of a garden.

Posted

And another high! A max of 23.6 °C today, with lots and lots of sunshine and light winds. In normal times I might well have strolled the few miles along the riverbank to Arley -- depending on how much the paths had dried out after the "rainy season". Obviously no chance of doing that now, but it was another beautiful garden day. Still too early for my hay fever or for wasps, and nice low humidity -- only a couple of clouds here, not the heavy showers and humidity that some places further east experienced.

Looks cooler and cloudier tomorrow, with a greater chance of showers, and Monday might be a bit of a shock to the system. The forecast 10 °C max with an ENE'ly gusting into the 30s mph is going to feel very different, certainly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Winds picked up around 5pm and really gusting now. Feels much cooler.

Posted

Really glad for a few downpours.... no watering garden... really gusty winds upto 50mph blowing a whoolie... things blowing about out and about...stay safe everyone 

Posted

Plenty of rain here as well last night. Blue skies and sunshine again now, although it feels very different: much cooler (max so far 10.4 °C) and breezier, with yesterday afternoon's humid feel completely gone.

Posted

I forgot to mention it at the time, but Monday night was the coldest for some while, with a min of -2 °C. It stayed just above freezing (0.3 °C) last night, and today has been noticeably warmer, with the continuing sunshine making the 16.9 °C maximum feel very pleasant. A shame it's not possible to enjoy the conditions to the full, but we are where we are. Maybe one more warm day before the breakdown begins here, though it doesn't look like being anything especially dramatic. The MetO outlook for next week is a bit vague in terms of how wet it might be, but "at least it will be mild".

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted

Probably the last really nice day for a while. Maxed out at 20.1 °C and although the sunshine was frequently hazy there was plenty of it. Things look a bit mixed from now on, though it's still hard to complain too much considering it's April.

Posted

In the event, it was pleasant enough until mid-afternoon, but then the rain came and although not heavy it didn't really let up. Temp well down at 15.3 °C. A grotty-looking day in prospect tomorrow, but then things improving again. Hopeful I'll be able to sit in the garden again by Monday -- as long as I can find a nice spot out of the brisk ENE wind that's forecast!

Posted

A very rainy start here. The weather forecasters keep saying we need the rain. Do we? It's still very wet and boggy in places over my local common. The water table must surely still be high after what felt like 6 months continuous rain?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Hi all, Ive just done the usual queuing in the car park of Sainsbury’s  with rain and at just 5c it wasn’t pleasant at all, last week it took an hour to get through the doors but it was 20+c what a difference from one weekend to another!!!

Posted

A very different day today, indeed. Thankfully no need for me to go outside today, and so I'm sitting indoors looking out at a grey, damp world with 8.3 °C showing on the thermometer. I'm very much looking forward to the brighter weather next week, even with the wind that will accompany it.

Posted

An enormously better day today. The sun broke through earlier than I'd expected, and from late morning onwards it's been blue skies nearly all the way. Max 15.9 °C and feeling pretty good if you stay out of the wind. Several more days of this coming up, it would seem.

Posted
On 18/04/2020 at 08:53, Neil Harris said:

A very rainy start here. The weather forecasters keep saying we need the rain. Do we? It's still very wet and boggy in places over my local common. The water table must surely still be high after what felt like 6 months continuous rain?

It's a reflex response to 2 weeks of dry weather in the UK. After the crap we had to endure over winter we don't need rain for another 6 months and hopefully we don't see rain for another 6 months 

Posted

Yet another stunning day today. A stronger breeze, but almost unbroken sunshine meant 16.8 °C didn't feel bad at all. This really is going to go down as one of the great Aprils, despite everything.

Mind you, another of the great Aprils was... 2007.

Posted

Guess what? A lovely garden day again. Max was 19.7 °C. I'm not going to say it's getting monotonous, because I'm finding it immensely helpful in coping with things, and I know sooner or later it'll all break down. The breeze was a bit less strong, and I was quite warm after a spell of brisk walking up and down the garden. Looks like being warmer tomorrow and Friday, though my 2020 high of 23.6 °C is probably going to stand.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Absolute rubbish forecasting. 19c here. Supposedly the low 20s haha