Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Northern extent of that system isn’t the be all and end all for the Midlands as there’ll be very frequent wintry showers moving down from the north at the same time. Hence there are 2 warnings for snow, not just one.

Spot on matt!!gona be interesting how things develop between now and 12am!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
13 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Hi mate 

Just zoomed in on my little topography map for Northampton & your ~ 90M which is pretty good elevation > So that could give you an edge -

Not quite as good as places like Daventry & Towcester that are up at 150M but a fair crack of the whip.

9DD7F46D-4E49-4A13-BD4F-DBEE4CBF80B1.thumb.png.17f6b31ef3681f16530ea961b944cbc2.png

Cheers Steve, much appreciated. Going to be a case of let's wait and see now then!

Posted

All you lot in the Midlands celebrating, well I hope it Pee's down with rain, lol and the Snow hits Stoke instead. Lol You greedy buggers had decent Snow last year with Storm Emma, us Stokies have had nowt of note for about 20 years. Lol

Edited by Andypvfc
  • Like 2

Posted
23 minutes ago, Andypvfc said:

All you lot in the Midlands celebrating, well I hope it Pee's down with rain, lol and the Snow hits Stoke instead. Lol You greedy buggers had decent Snow last year with Storm Emma, us Stokies have had nowt of note for about 20 years. Lol

No you just get all the biggest thunderstorms!  

• Like 2

Posted
24 minutes ago, Andypvfc said:

We get the bits and pieces while no-one else gets anything but then we miss out on the big events

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
26 minutes ago, Andypvfc said:

Still could see some wintry weather overnight with heavy showers from the NW

See Matt Hugo tweet in the NW thread.

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

The front is a bit lively ain't it! Already in South West Wales 

Defo looks further north and east!!!no signs of stopping or pivoting!!if it carries on the way it is the 18z gfs from last night come come true!!that gave 7 to 8 cms of snow widely across the midlands!!dew point is -2 and temp 1 degrees currently!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
10 minutes ago, shaky said:

Defo looks further north and east!!!no signs of stopping or pivoting!!if it carries on the way it is the 18z gfs from last night come come true!!that gave 7 to 8 cms of snow widely across the midlands!!dew point is -2 and temp 1 degrees currently!

What worries me is if the mild sector is a bit further North than first forecast. That would turn any PPN into rain or sleet here in Northampton

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
Just now, andy_leics22 said:

What worries me is if the mild sector is a bit further North than first forecast. That would turn any PPN into rain or sleet here in Northampton

Yep system is about 20 miles North than predicted. But cold air is mixed and not as south as predicted. So who knows what the hell will happen I think it will be sleet for my area. We cant get a break lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

I think it will shock us all and give a dumping, remember the good old days where the forecasts where wrong as we get loads of the stuff

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, shaky said:

How was the gfs 18z!!same as 12z or further south again?

Way too marginal. Cold rain away from the highest ground.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

I think it will shock us all and give a dumping, remember the good old days where the forecasts where wrong as we get loads of the stuff

As a Birmingham fan you have to think positive lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, snowstorm27x said:

As a Birmingham fan you have to think positive lol.

Exactly, I don’t have time for negativity lol. Let’s all get lamppost watching in the next few hours

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Great. So a further downgrade from the 18z. At T12 Couldn't write it.

prectypeuktopo (3).png

It’s because they really haven’t a clue, probably start as rain and turn to snow. Question is do we wake up to a blanket or wet roads with sleet lol

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, markw2680 said:

Exactly, I don’t have time for negativity lol. Let’s all get lamppost watching in the next few hours

Mate I want to be positive but been here so many times last 2 years it will be sleet at best. Tonight's charts confirm this. Take my advice get a good night's sleep lol.

Posted
1 minute ago, snowstorm27x said:

Mate I want to be positive but been here so many times last 2 years it will be sleet at best. Tonight's charts confirm this. Take my advice get a good night's sleep lol.

Difference is I now live at 250m above sea level so if it’s sleet here then we are all doomed

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, weirpig said:

Not that I think it will mean much  but dp as finally gone negative -0.3 

Is that a negative thought but really positive lol

• Like 1

Posted

So some of you will remember my brother Shaun (severe Siberian icy blast) just had to post this from fb early as he’s just as mad on the weather as before

27C5BA40-D929-4986-B374-827088959268.png

• Like 2

Posted

Don't know why it's suddenly all gone wrong in the last 2 hours but it's a fitting end to this cool spell and winter. This winter has had a bit more snow than 2013/14 but I still have it as the worst I can remember because of all the storms on top of lack of cold and snow.

Posted

Hopefully someone in our region drops lucky !!! 
elevation is key anyone above 700ft will be smiling come morning 

?? For all