Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Thought we was supposed to get a nw wind lol just westerly which is pretty poo here normally due to welsh hills etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
21 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Think the Euro 4  as gone off on one  Snowfall for most tonight   at odds with most of the models  

image.thumb.png.43c5a2a605901e3ed55c45f3cfb4c9f2.png

Wouldn't look at the euro4, completely useless model. I've been on this forum for close to 10 years and back then it was the 'go to' for short range. However, a lot more short range hi-res models that are much better, have appeared since and have blown the usefulness of the Euro4 away. 

Posted
3 hours ago, PerfectStorm said:

Wouldn't look at the euro4, completely useless model. I've been on this forum for close to 10 years and back then it was the 'go to' for short range. However, a lot more short range hi-res models that are much better, have appeared since and have blown the usefulness of the Euro4 away. 

Oh yes i agree  it certainly will not be like the Euro 4 is predicting   however i do still think there may be a few flakes in there.  Maybe akin to the Arome?.

image.thumb.png.9672ffc111bc748b9ffaed88a792fb04.png

Posted

Currently clear and cold , but feels milder than of late as there isn’t a breath of wind 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Winds ramping up here now with moderate horizontal rain. A day inside with the dogs I think..

IMG_20200215_102323.thumb.jpg.10baac43b52943ce227fb1526a78c027.jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Highest gust here so far is 54 mph at 1005. Persistent mainly light rain but with some moderate spells and, as P.M says, it's horizontal.

Posted

I see were now under a rain warning, Hardly surprised listening to my windows..

Posted

Wind really picking up now here, With gust just touching 70mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Winds picking up in Birmingham...and looking at the radar some heavier stuff just about to come in from the SW....hold on to your hats

Posted

Really wild out there there now, Very heavy sometimes vertical rain with severe gales, My plastic roofed lean away isn't enjoying it one bit!

Posted

Gonna be hammered by rain shortly. What a horrid day. Made worse by standing in a football stand with the wind and rain belting at me!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Absolutely throwing it down here in Bewdley. The River Severn isn't predicted by the EA to get above moderate flood levels (and the barriers are up in town) but I am very concerned about smaller rivers like the Wye and Teme. Especially with another wet week forecast ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Can confirm that the sideways heavy rain reached Solihull about 45 minutes ago.

Looks to persist for a while yet.

,,,,and to think that we are sheltered by the Welsh Hills!!.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

It’s absolutely lashing it down here

Posted
32 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

It’s absolutely lashing it down here

Same in Stoke. Currently a torrential spell going on. Doesn't look to last too long from the radar, then just back to steady & persistent.

Posted

36mm of rain in Nottingham in the 12hrs to 6am this morning 

most fell from 10pm-4am

many roads shut and rail lines closed 

the river Trent predicted to peak 50 cm higher than in November but no where near the levels of autumn 2000 

Posted

39.3 mm of rain yesterday made it the wettest February day here since 1977.

• Like 1

Posted

Huge amounts of rain pretty much all over our region. Loads of flooded roads and areas in Walsall. The Arboretum is flooded, the River Tame is ‘about to burst its banks’ at Bescot according to @WMRoads on Twitter. The road there is also closed. 
My garden is also flooded at the back, only the second time I’ve seen that happen.