Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder and lightning!!!

West Hallam, Ilkeston, Derbyshire! Covered but slowing down now ☹️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
5 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

It seems to have suddenly almost stopped. Hopefully more to come though. But as you say at least we've seen some snow now at least this Winter.

Every snowflakes helps. I believe that today's snow means that this Winter surpasses the Atlantic Winter of 2013/14. I'm not 100% sure but during that Winter I only recorded a few flakes which didn't settle.

Edited by AppleUK 123
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Still no snow here but just look towards Ireland alot of PPN surely has to make it's way to the Midlands I think we might get a Chesire gap streamer later tonight.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, AppleUK 123 said:

Every snowflakes helps. I believe that today's snow means that this Winter surpasses the Atlantic Winter of 2013/14. I'm not 100% sure but during that Winter I only recorded a few flakes which didn't settle.

That's all I remember we had that Winter too. Suns out now though and it's already starting to recede where it's settled. Hopefully more later though with any luck.

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, snowstorm27x said:

Still no snow here but just look towards Ireland alot of PPN surely has to make it's way to the Midlands I think we might get a Chesire gap streamer later tonight.

Yep  some big showers developing now just on the Welsh border   Hopefully you will see some snow in the next  hour or so

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

4.5cm of snow here from the clump of showers moving east from Wales. By far the most snow we've had all winter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes TM it's certainly lifted my spirits a bit, More to come this evening/overnight and tomorrow looking at the radar.

Screenshot_20200210_152550_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.f4c3de80ebf5311958cbf681dbd19086.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

I reckon if we get some showers from now they will be snow, definitely colder out there now

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Unfortunately much of Birmingham too far south and subsequently in the 'warmer' air, many of the showers had to be punchy to produce any notable snow. I took a walk up the hill (230m) and it was still raining there. 

Posted

I can officially say that we have had our first snowfall here in leicester and boy what a short 15 minute whopper that was!!reminded me of the thundersnow event of 2004 in terms of how quickly the precipitation just changed from rain to hail and then to snow!!

• Like 6

Posted

That little runner GFS has been showing for a good many days now,which I kept my eye on looks like it delivered but slightly further north to where it was originally shown,wind turned to the NW here with for a a slight covering of snow temp dropped to 0.6c.

As for now showers still wintry with hail and snow but a westerly and 2.1c but feels damper.

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 1

Posted

A real mix of rain, sleet, hail and wet snow here throughout the afternoon. 

Excellent that we've finally caught an interesting couple of days of weather.

But overall, this winter will still be in the abysmal category when we're looking back. A few blustery wintry showers isn't enough overall I'm afraid. It should be working towards a cinema release and today is just a straight to video!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, Gord said:

A real mix of rain, sleet, hail and wet snow here throughout the afternoon. 

Excellent that we've finally caught an interesting couple of days of weather.

But overall, this winter will still be in the abysmal category when we're looking back. A few blustery wintry showers isn't enough overall I'm afraid. It should be working towards a cinema release and today is just a straight to video!

Yep mixture of rain and sleet falling here now. Yep disappointing for us but glad some midlanders got lucky today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Just had fairly heavy wet snow shower which gave a slushy covering, hopefully will get more later but that bit colder

Posted

After that surprise earlier the next showers were just light sleety rain, very disappointing. I thought even light stuff would be snow now after the way it changed over from rain to sticking snow in an instant. Even the cold plunge of 16 Dec 2010 didn't do it that quickly!I

Still some snow on the lawns and cars but just wet on the roads and pavements.

Edited by Summer of 95

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

7cm of snow this afternoon, rather surprisingly that's the largest single fall here in February since 2011 when there was 9.5cm on the 13th.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

Just come back from B'ham city and there is still snow on the lawn, great to see as I was expecting everything to have thawed by now.

Edited by AppleUK 123

Posted

Had a heavy snow shower and now all white everywhere, shower lasted about 15 mins

• Like 1