Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder and lightning!!!

https://youtu.be/b-vEp8qErp4

Quick snippet at 1pm near alfreton, Derbyshire. Calmed down but picking back up again now, lots of flash floods & debris.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Just over the hills it seems, for us lower level folk it’ll be down to heavier showers for us to see our first flake or two.....has the case this winter, I live in hope ?

FE0DCB7D-2EDD-4687-BB7C-C800C7A5B46B.thumb.png.ec2ae5379b637497628e808ef4b2106e.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

5 minutes of intensity...Hail at stages worth recording

1683516959_1009.thumb.jpg.10548748b71d3ae955172a1e0eb460d1.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

The squall was fun, but nothing outrageous. All been a bit "disappointing" tbh I expected something more dramatic overall. In keeping with the non-event winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

The squall here in N Worcs was definitely worth writing home about. Well, it would be if I'd gone outside in the first place! Not unprecedented, but it's probably several years since I've seen one that dramatic here. For the rest, mostly just "very windy with moderate rain and occasional heavier bursts", but the longevity of the very strong winds is notable. Now dry with broken cloud, but the wind hasn't really let up. Would guess it's still gusting up to 45-50 mph. Lots of reports from the local traffic news of roads blocked by fallen trees and so on. Amber warning justified? Yeah, for here I think so, though certainly nowhere near shading into red.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A maximum gust of 73 mph here earlier this afternoon which is pretty windy but not very unusual at 340 mts on an exposed moor. It's the highest gust since March 13th last year when 76 mph was recorded.

Posted

Wind really picking up again , got a chill to it now too , Shame snow chances appear to have dwindled for my local, hopefully changes overnight ??

Posted

Latest euro4 12z is an upgrade in terms of snow for tomorrow for pretty much whole of the midlands!!gives 2-5cms aswell widely!!dont believe it though!!

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Terminal Moraine said:

A maximum gust of 73 mph here earlier this afternoon which is pretty windy but not very unusual at 340 mts on an exposed moor. It's the highest gust since March 13th last year when 76 mph was recorded.

That hit further north and east I remember that now,only gave strong winds here.

AVN_1_2019031300_1.png

Posted
50 minutes ago, shaky said:

Latest euro4 12z is an upgrade in terms of snow for tomorrow for pretty much whole of the midlands!!gives 2-5cms aswell widely!!dont believe it though!!

Hope so ??‍♂️Exciting times in such a dire winter for cold and snow 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
53 minutes ago, shaky said:

I just cant believe it Shaky after the past 2 winters we have had. I think it could be snowing and I would still think it was mirage lol.

• Like 1

Posted
56 minutes ago, shaky said:

I can’t get my head around this, the Euro4 is looking great, even the nmm’s are full of promise for snow, but the MO and BBC forecasts are just full of rain showers 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

I can’t get my head around this, the Euro4 is looking great, even the nmm’s are full of promise for snow, but the MO and BBC forecasts are just full of rain showers 

And you.would.think models such as nmm and euro4 would have a better handle on it!!ridiculous!!whats the point of these models!!better of just using the bog standard ecm and gfs instead of the higher resolution ones!!

Posted
2 minutes ago, shaky said:

And you.would.think models such as nmm and euro4 would have a better handle on it!!ridiculous!!whats the point of these models!!better of just using the bog standard ecm and gfs instead of the higher resolution ones!!

Agreed, but in the past the HR models have done well, so let’s hope there’s a turn around......PLEASE 

• Like 1

Posted

Some crazy gusts today. Only damage for me was a small but heavy metal table in the garden being pushed into one of the neighbours fence panels which has totally broken it... great! 

Posted

ATM here it’s heavy rain/hail, flash of lightning and strong winds, might as well throw the kitchen sink in for good measure and the 18z GFS still won’t drop its thoughts of snow for parts of the Midlands for pm tomorrow

Posted

Ahhh what’s this......MO maybe back on board for snow tomorrow evening, at least it’s a start in the big turn around for snow in the Midlands tomorrow

EC1DED54-798D-4F60-9445-29E8F05DACFC.thumb.png.f14384d825bfc83725eded68f7ca5cfc.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

As much as I love extreme weather I’m really hoping it eases soon. Got to get my daughter to school for 3.30am as she is on a trip to Iceland flying out in the morning ✈️  ❄️ 

Don’t think I’m going to be getting much sleep tonight 

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

ATM here it’s heavy rain/hail, flash of lightning and strong winds, might as well throw the kitchen sink in for good measure and the 18z GFS still won’t drop its thoughts of snow for parts of the Midlands for pm tomorrow

Tomorrow will be a nowcast situation!!gfs brings the heavier precipitation further north across our region but also pushes slightly milder air further up aswell!!so mainly rain for southern parts of the region!!is -4 850hpas good enough for snowfall in this instance?

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, nobble said:

Currently hailing in Pelsall ??

I’m also in Pelsall and can hear it, sounds like the winds have picked right up again too!