Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Very Thick fog outside, can only just make out the houses 3 rows downhill. Had a bit of week sun in the morning, but the frost was lingering in the back (southern facing) garden till well over 1pm. Won't be surprised if this sticks around and freezes tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Best day in ages here. The mist lingered all day in the Severn Valley and it was a cold and grey world down there. But up at my level, it cleared relatively quickly in the morning, and then it was blue skies all the way. Max just 4.3 °C, but with very light winds and plenty of sunshine it was a fabulous day for walking. The air was so clean and fresh after all these months of murk and rain. Went out again about 6pm to look at Venus and it was still invigorating. Down to 0.7 °C now, and freezing fog could well be more of a lingering hazard tomorrow. But today? Snow aside, that is the weather I want in the winter!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
On 17/01/2020 at 23:39, cheshire snow said:

Ha Ha neighbours with me and @CreweCold welcome to the snow Drome

C.S

Are there any positives to living in that part of the world weather wise? We are buying a house with a south facing garden so I hope sun is one!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
2 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

ICON 06z for Monday eve-

3A26FFC0-E1AB-4A00-9354-E5E0888A105C.thumb.png.0120036a1fc6f6941281ca0d74019f2d.png

If that comes off I’ll doff my chapeau...then eat it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Not a single air frost here so far this month. The previous lowest number of air frosts in January is 4 in 2007 and 2008; that record now looks almost certain to be beaten.

• Like 2

Guest Delete Me

I just don't seen the PPN being upto much in Stoke, a few flakes maybe the odd flurry but nothing to write home about. BUT...If I jump onto the A500 tomorrow morning and Tunstall has a few cm then i'll take everything back I said about the GFS!

@CongletonHeat UTV pal 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate snow here with a  thin covering already.

• Like 2

Posted

This morning's 1 cm snow cover lasted until around 1100 before 50% of it had thawed. Just a few bits left in the shade now. At least it hasn't gone down as the least snowy January on record, still held by 1989 when there was just 1 day with sleet.

Posted

Sleet showers here this morning.

Posted

Heavy sleet here currently for past 10 minutes.

Posted

Thunder and lightning here which woke me round 3am or just after with a period of heavy hail and wet snow for a time giving a thin covering this morning.

• Like 1

Posted

The same here, P.M, between 3.15 and 3.30. It's the first thunder in February here since 2008.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Wonder whether we can get a few Cheshire streamers setting up from Monday next week? Would be nice it’s been 2 years since we had snow around here

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
22 hours ago, markw2680 said:

Wonder whether we can get a few Cheshire streamers setting up from Monday next week? Would be nice it’s been 2 years since we had snow around here

Looking at this mornings runs it's very possible as again it's a touch further South. Still going to be marginal. Surprised my altitude is 512 every little helps lol. Buxton is definately getting a visit though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Apart from a bit of wind looking like a plain old washout for this area. Even buxton might struggle for lying snow. Uppers dont support snowfall especially with low elevation. Hope March is better in this Snowless winter.

Posted

Wind has picked up markedly this afternoon 

?? For surprise snow falling next week 

just to see it falling would be nice !! 

snowed a fair few occasions last year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
22 minutes ago, nobble said:

Wind has picked up markedly this afternoon 

?? For surprise snow falling next week 

just to see it falling would be nice !! 

snowed a fair few occasions last year

“Just to see it falling” it’s been that bad I’ve forgotten what it looks like lol

Anyway my first snow symbol via the Met Office has shown up THIS WINTER for 18:00 Monday.

At a guess I bet that’ll disappear.

But before then batten down the hatches, it’s going to be a wild Sunday ???

158AFEE2-980D-4668-80AB-5ED4C2A12440.thumb.png.fbda65a12064bcdbcfbd9b8e04381082.png

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

A snow symbol ,, praise the lord

let’s watch it upgrade to an eighteen hour blizzard ??‍♂️

• Like 1