Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

A lovely sunny walk this morning. Feeling quite fresh at 5c.

No frost but drying out in mid winter sunshine which is something to be thankful for. 

Edited by phil nw.

Posted

Back from a wonderful trip to see my brother in Costa Rica ?? 

was hoping after three weeks away for something more wintery on our return...maybe late January into February might prevail with something colder with something drier sunnier and more seasonal...  

hopefully a big pattern change ahead and our Aussie friends can get relief from the fires too... 

• Like 1

Posted

First wntriness this month unexpected mind,but this is a monster low.

10 min long squall of heavy hail gave a covering,temp dropped 7c to 3c.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

The Squall Lines just hitting where I live now, absolutely insane horizontal rain, and I can feel the house shaking from the impact of the wind

EDIT: Whelp, that was interesting, rain was moving horizontal right -> left in-front of the lamp post, then there was a roar and it reversed directions for about 10/15 seconds or so, and now it's calmed down (for a given value of calm  ) and gone back to right -> left.  Saw a bin getting blown up the road during it too xD xD

Edited by Ryukai

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Winds have really picked up here to Gale force touching 70mph with horizontal heavy rain, Wonderful.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Just 8 hours of sunshine here in the frst half of January. If the second half is equally cloudy it would end as the dullest month on record ( since 2000)

Posted
5 hours ago, Terminal Moraine said:

Just 8 hours of sunshine here in the frst half of January. If the second half is equally cloudy it would end as the dullest month on record ( since 2000)

Just waiting for one of my customers systems operating on battery, charged by solar panels to tell me their system is not working.

Forecast says this weekend and Monday will be sunny, so fingers crossed no callouts.

Posted

There's a possibility the all time record high air pressure record could be broken here in the next few days. The current record ( since 1963)  is 1047.9 hPa on the 26th/27th January 1992. A look at the latest fax chart indicates something a little over 1048 hPa is possible by early Monday morning.

Posted

The first sleet of the month early this afternoon! At least it won't be the first entirely snow/sleet free January on record, the record for the least snowy January is held by 1989 which recorded just one day with sleet falling, quite remarkable at this altitude in the Peak District.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)
51 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

^^ Looking at the radar I would expect the higher routes to get a dusting this eve > maybe a cm or 2.... > 200/250M

Just took a look at radar, Blob of precipitation heading down from NW. interesting

Posted

Sleet here to now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

It is very unusual for the Peaks not to have had a good few CM by this stage of Winter. I always relay on the half hour ride to find snow but this year it hasn't happened. Ironic as I will be moving to a snow desert later in the year (Nantwich).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
1 hour ago, RobR said:

It is very unusual for the Peaks not to have had a good few CM by this stage of Winter. I always relay on the half hour ride to find snow but this year it hasn't happened. Ironic as I will be moving to a snow desert later in the year (Nantwich).

Ha Ha neighbours with me and @CreweCold welcome to the snow Drome

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
6 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

Ha Ha neighbours with me and @CreweCold welcome to the snow Drome

C.S

Yep, united in our dire lack of snow.