Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Been trying to visit a friend in Harrogate for a few weeks. First time we cancelled as we both hot a bug, second time was last Thursday and I would have got stuck on the roads, third time is tomorrow and what with the current flooding and more rain, we have decided to postpone til Spring. It's my drive up and back that leads me through all the flooded areas.  So we have postponed til the Spring as we were going to RHS Harlow Carr. 

OH been saying for months snow here in the East Midlands for Christmas. Nothing scientific just his gut feeling. 

Posted

There is now a warning for Thursday covering much of England and Wales away from the south west. Heavy rain, but also mentions snow for some western areas, particularly high ground of Wales.

Edited by MattStoke

Posted

Was hailing here just, as a little storm came over.  About 5mm in size, only lasted a couple mins at the start before changing to rain.

Posted

Pouring it down this morning. If it was mid winter, we'd be getting buried in snow from this setup. Instead, come winter, the precipitation will do its usual of dying out just a few miles from here or the UK weather patterns will change to a milder setup.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Heavy sleet/wet snow here this morning. Quite unpleasant out on the tops with the sleet/wet snow driven on by a 22 mph W wind, gusting over 30 mph.

Also, it's already the wettest first half of November on record ( since 1963 ) and still with four days to go until halfway. 126.2 mm so far this month, beating the first half of November 2000 by 0.1 mm.

Edited by Terminal Moraine

Posted

I think the next 24hrs will be severe to say the least in flooding and hill snow and it will depends what falls will catch up 2000 for rainfall.

November 1986 gave flooding to but in a much different pattern very mild unlike this month so far very cold first 2/3s.

https://www.trevorharley.com/weather-november.html

Posted
39 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Might just stall to the south of you matt   

Now we’re getting to the time of year where it’s cold enough for snow, the weather fronts that have brought relentless rain here over the past 6 months naturally start to miss here.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Now we’re getting to the time of year where it’s cold enough for snow, the weather fronts that have brought relentless rain here over the past 6 months naturally start to miss here.

Lol  was it 2 years ago  when the slider just stalled to your south  and gave the rest of us a dumping?    Least its rain this time 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
6 hours ago, weirpig said:

Lol  was it 2 years ago  when the slider just stalled to your south  and gave the rest of us a dumping?    Least its rain this time 

Unforfunatelybits rain this time!!!

Constant now since 2am, very heavy and with the front pivoting over Northants, this can only be bad news for the Ouse, Nene, Warwicks Avon, Soar etc

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A very wet start here with persistent rain with heavy bursts since the early hours blowing in on a chilly Easterly wind gusting up to 50mph at times. Temp currently 4c. A day inside for me as not fit to be out..

Posted

Strange setup this reports of snow in the south to SW last night had plenty of rain here much more to come even though the bbc and ITV showed it to miss this part.

GFS is on the money but has it snowed and settled on the higher hills mountains further west.

Posted

Thought we might just catch the northern edge for a few hours and then dry up, but no, it's still there and spinning round the other way. Started raining about midnight and got heavier in last hour. Temp 4.1C with a bitter NE wind; yet again if it was January could have been a dump of snow

Posted

Its been  raining hard in the east for12  hours  so I  hope it dont get any worse then it is  there at the  moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

As reported above by lots its rained here since midnight and I recorded 12.1mms up to 09:00.

Its now turned heavier, and with the strong to gale force north easterly that has set in does not look promising. ...  The front is moving slowly north and east before pivoting later.

Temperature is steady at 5.5C, unlucky since its just now reported as 1.5C in Weston!!!  

I am now getting concerned for the people further north east of here for the risk of flooding this evening and tonight..

MIA

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at my weather app, the temp is forecast to start falling this pm after a short dryer spell.  

Might get to see the first flakes of this winter, later. Lamp posts at the ready!!

I can hope?

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 3

Posted

Absolutely foul here (just SW of Nottingham) for past hour. Steady rain, gusty Easterly (ENE) wind, 6C. There's even been smatterings of sleet in the heavier bursts. Vile!

Edited by BLOWERS

Posted

Temp drop underway..

Now at 3.9C (DP 3.8C) down from 5.5C an hour ago.

Rain has been moderate to heavy for the last hour. Now up to 18,0 mms since it started.

I note that snowyowl9 is still reporting rainfall with the temperature dropping from 3.6c  to  3.3C on the Wales thread. 

Where is the colder air coming from? Evaporative Cooling - but it is still quite breezy.

Perhaps a few flakes - but probably not..

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 1