Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
15 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Can’t see it myself MIA , another 100m asl or a degree or so lower then yes, we’ve seen some great times/snowfall here when bands have pivoted over our region but not today I’m a afraid, just bloody cold rain methinks

Chez weather, great pic Hopefully the way this November could pan out we could all be joining ya

Probably right DWW...

Temp still only 3.3C (DP3.2C),So we will need some evap cooling..

The thing that is a bit odd is that the breeze is now easterly.

Could it be that todays low is dropping down through the Midlands?

I see that places in Shropshire  and Church Stretton have been lucky.

MIA

• Like 2

Posted

Was sleeting in Hanley yesterday evening about 3:40ish, was waiting for a bus in the station when a kid started screaming about it snowing  looked out the windows but it was just sleet, the wet flakes were easily visible though. Lasted about 5 mins, so not much, but it was the first of this winter for us, as far as I know.

• Like 2

Posted

Had to go up to Selattyn/Oswestry this morning, it was snowing properly up there. Selattyn I'm not too surprised as it's close to 300m but it was settling all the way down into Oswestry and as far as Whittington. But Ellesmere, less than 10 miles away just had sleety rain. Obviously some evap cooling effect on that area, there was a good 4-5 cm in Oswestry at 11am.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
55 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Had to go up to Selattyn/Oswestry this morning, it was snowing properly up there. Selattyn I'm not too surprised as it's close to 300m but it was settling all the way down into Oswestry and as far as Whittington. But Ellesmere, less than 10 miles away just had sleety rain. Obviously some evap cooling effect on that area, there was a good 4-5 cm in Oswestry at 11am.

You should have taken some pictures.

Posted
1 hour ago, Summer of 95 said:

Oswestry a good place for snow as a rule.

Posted

3.4'c here 

Dew point 2.9'c

Heavy rain and about a drab a day as you could possibly get

If this carries on into the night, there is a good chance of sleet I'd say

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Rain turning sleety here now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

4c Cold rain here in Hinckley, really grim  definitely had enough rain this year. Thoughts to those affected by flooding, does not look good

Posted

Wet snow here now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Yawn, stretch, blink ...

The GFS is offering me its first annual tease, so I thought it was time to come back out of hibernation

Hiya Midlander peeps ?

8DDDB27C-0DC2-48E7-A8DE-3A8402447672.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)
12 minutes ago, fizz511 said:

Yawn, stretch, blink ...

The GFS is offering me its first annual tease, so I thought it was time to come back out of hibernation

Hiya Midlander peeps ?

8DDDB27C-0DC2-48E7-A8DE-3A8402447672.png

Hi Fizz 

My first day back too! Nice to see the familiar names are all still on here ??

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

It's been raining steadily here in n. Warks since lunchtime being stuck under this stationary front. 

Grim and chilly 3c.

Edited by phil nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

So close to being a good snow event for the W Midlands, Met Office was showing snow up to yesterday for a large area from Brum to Wales.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Nice morning for a stroll into the nearby countryside at Hartshill Hayes. 

A few pics I took with my phone camera. IMG_20191110_114422.thumb.jpg.893ad39edfd73801dac3e2078e7003f0.jpgIMG_20191110_112756.thumb.jpg.8936a3736af7aad300a9bbc2714009a3.jpgIMG_20191110_113933.thumb.jpg.30e3bd9d02f97a7db9d766f071b00d35.jpgIMG_20191110_112750.thumb.jpg.b70122f187cbcca6a0bf41a8b11e94bd.jpg

The late Autumn sunshine picking out the lingering colours. A very welcome blue sky day after all the rain. 

• Like 4

Posted

Heavy sleet showers here this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Yellow warning for Rain extended. "Area of warning has been expanded to include more of West Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Staffordshire." MO. Heavy showers for flood hit areas. Another Yellow further east for Thursday too https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/5-day-flood-risk?_ga=2.114717191.1070575665.1573462397-201694002.1572897202

1111mowarnext.png

• Like 2