Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Never a dull moment up here.... luckily used leaf blower yesterday.... drains all clear of leaves... hoping for some snow Saturday doing bonfire party in the evening with 15-20 peeps coming... plus it’s my birthday on Sunday.... 

1FCF0B57-8B0D-49B9-846D-4C3F6929F783.png

9BB3C353-B70E-407A-8B2A-B5D4EDA3839E.png

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Still moderate rain here with just over 15mm now and a lot more to come looking at radar. Temp up to 4.8c.. I have given up trying to do anything outside so have lit the open fire and running a nice steamy bath.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

If anyone has any flooding photos (landscape is best) we can use them. Roads, signs, transport 

0711rainamberRADAR.png
WWW.NETWEATHER.TV

Heavy rain is causing problems with river and surface water flooding this lunchtime. East Midlands, Yorkshire and other parts of northern England.

• Like 1

Posted

Glossop Brook is looking likely to flood in usual places... 35mm in the last couple of hours....

https://www.facebook.com/simon.thomas.12/videos/10219448354814597/

starting to flood

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted

Just touching 20mm here now.

Posted
2 hours ago, Polar Maritime said:

Just touching 20mm here now.

Not often my rainfall is higher than you I suspect but today it is currently 40.8 mm and still tippling down, all kinds of alerts for areas close by the Don and Sheaf rivers. Thankfully well away from me even at only 48 feet.

Posted
14 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

Not often my rainfall is higher than you I suspect but today it is currently 40.8 mm and still tippling down, all kinds of alerts for areas close by the Don and Sheaf rivers. Thankfully well away from me even at only 48 feet.

Yes John it is but rain has turned very heavy now as the front moves slowly South so we shall see.

Posted

I think this is the 6th time in the past 6 months that the North Midlands has been stuck under an almost stationary area of rain. Grim.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

31.4 mm here since midnight, which is probably about half that recorded in parts of South Yorkshire and north Derbyshire by the look of the rainfall accumulation radar.

Posted

my current total is 60.6 mm beating my previous highest 24 hour total of 58.7 mm 25 June 2007, the Sheffield-Doncaster floods. Sadly I suspect some of the same areas may be affected again.

It is still chucking it down, 1.8 mm per 15 min; UK Met 'heavy' is defined as > 3.9 mm per hour.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, MattStoke said:

I think this is the 6th time in the past 6 months that the North Midlands has been stuck under an almost stationary area of rain. Grim.

this location just about been okay today, only light showers, Saturday though a washout, and again timed for the day, then drying out at night

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

this location just about been okay today, only light showers, Saturday though a washout, and again timed for the day, then drying out at night

I’ve been stuck under the southern edge of this rain band all day. Now it’s slowly moving southward, I’m getting the heavier precipitation. Yet another washout to add the countless washouts already over the past few months.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, MattStoke said:

I’ve been stuck under the southern edge of this rain band all day. Now it’s slowly moving southward, I’m getting the heavier precipitation. Yet another washout to add the countless washouts already over the past few months.

Aye looks wet for us tomorrow, as it moves south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Looking a little white up on the A53

shutterstock_312573404.jpg
WWW.WINKINGMAN.CO.UK

Please don’t constantly view the camera, nothing really changes,  its just a road, but its a road in the beautiful Peak District National...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
1 minute ago, WillinGlossop said:

Oh wow first snow a winter near Buxton ❄️❄️❄️

Sadly the Flash bar stores webcam is down as new owners have took over and it looks like they don't have a phoneline yet so hopefully won't be down for too long. 

• Like 1

Posted

BBC mentioning snow for hills of the Midlands on Saturday. Stoke probably isn’t quite high up enough, unless precipitation is heavy enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
14 minutes ago, cuckoo said:

Looks like the river Derwent is pretty high at Chatsworth (highest recorded level)

image.thumb.png.054fc118da78e598d66671f985bbdf76.png

only because they are dumping water out of Ladybower as fast as possible!!

4 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Ah that explains why its so much higher than average compared to other nearby rivers e.g. Wye & Amber.  Makes sense I guess, empty it now to make space to hold back as much as possible over the next few days.  I remember in 2007 when the dam was overwhelmed the levels became very high downstream.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
33 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

BBC mentioning snow for hills of the Midlands on Saturday. Stoke probably isn’t quite high up enough, unless precipitation is heavy enough.

Yes I’m thinking there’s a chance of that too. I’m literally a 5 min drive to the lickey hills here so could be worth a look although probably won’t amount to much at all but you never know 

Posted
35 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I assume that explains the big drop on the Ladybower gauge?

image.thumb.png.19123d42b0717c8f583c4c11c367ca6b.png