Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 hours ago, Sparkiee storm said:

It certainly does, lets hope for a good one. Another 2017/18 type winter would be nice but with a BFTE in January instead of Late Feb/Early March.

hardly any chance of that, any beast always more likely to arrive late Feb, then easterlies dominate April and May

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Showers rattling through here and pretty blustery to. Temp currently 14c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
17 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

hardly any chance of that, any beast always more likely to arrive late Feb, then easterlies dominate April and May

Yep, that's what has happened especially the last few years, but one year we have to hit that January Jackpot surely 

• Like 1

Posted

Yet another month that will likely come up in far wetter than average. That despite the first half of the month being fairly dry. Makes me laugh that some claim one of the wettest summers on record wasn’t that bad.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Getting sick of the daily rain now. Not been able to cut the lawn in two weeks and it's shot up but never enough space between rain to dry out.

Pouring again and looks set for the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
22 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Absolutely disgusting night.

Roll on October!!!

Oh wait a minute

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Looks like flooding will be a concern here by the end of the week. Waterlogged in a lot of fields now.

Posted

I just cannot understand why people want northern blocking and undercutting lows in September/October. Best case scenario you will get sunshine and rain showers with maybe a few ground frosts. What happens more often is days like today where the UK is right in the firing line of low pressure systems. Why do people want this? It stops people doing outdoor activities, it turns 30 minute commutes into hour commutes and if it continues much longer it's going to get downright dangerous. One thing is for certain you will not see a flake of snow unless you stand on the summit of Ben Nevis. Weird seeing the excitement of undercuts on the model thread when the reality of what it will bring is endless rain and 10C.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
2 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

I just cannot understand why people want northern blocking and undercutting lows in September/October. Best case scenario you will get sunshine and rain showers with maybe a few ground frosts. What happens more often is days like today where the UK is right in the firing line of low pressure systems. Why do people want this? It stops people doing outdoor activities, it turns 30 minute commutes into hour commutes and if it continues much longer it's going to get downright dangerous. One thing is for certain you will not see a flake of snow unless you stand on the summit of Ben Nevis. Weird seeing the excitement of undercuts on the model thread when the reality of what it will bring is endless rain and 10C.

It builds blocks if waves keep driving into the polar regions for whats likely to happen down the line.

Posted
14 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Absolutely disgusting night.

Followed by yet another disgusting day.

Roll on tomorrow’s sunshine which will feel like absolute bliss. Desperate for dry weather.

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Snowy L said:

Exactly, we don't want 11 degrees and rain Dec to Feb, so why want it in Sept and Oct?

Posted
4 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Followed by yet another disgusting day.

Roll on tomorrow’s sunshine which will feel like absolute bliss. Desperate for dry weather.

still thinking possible Cheshire Gap streamer tomorrow, has happened before virtually all of the UK is sunny, and NW Midlands stuck under rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

still thinking possible Cheshire Gap streamer tomorrow, has happened before virtually all of the UK is sunny, and NW Midlands stuck under rain

God I hope not...

Today has been a lot wetter than was forecast, added to the deluge from yesterday and waterlogging has become something of an issue in surrounding fields.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

God I hope not...

Today has been a lot wetter than was forecast, added to the deluge from yesterday and waterlogging has become something of an issue in surrounding fields.

Sunday looking like a complete washout, being overlooked because of this lorenzo lark

Posted

I can imagine quite a few fields are now waterlogged after all the rainfall we’ve had recently. 

The question is, with the ground being so saturated, how much more rain can we take until flooding becomes an issue? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
2 hours ago, Josh Rubio said:

I can imagine quite a few fields are now waterlogged after all the rainfall we’ve had recently. 

The question is, with the ground being so saturated, how much more rain can we take until flooding becomes an issue? 

From what I've seen today, flooding is already quite a serious issue in some areas, and with the rivers still rising/more rain forecast, it could rival 2012 levels in some areas of the Midlands.....if not 2007.

Posted
On 27/09/2019 at 00:42, Sparkiee storm said:

Yep, that's what has happened especially the last few years, but one year we have to hit that January Jackpot surely 

2010+ suck though, wouldn't surprise me if winters avg temp has warmed up since then too, 9 years on, this looked Jan Jackpot, drizzle,

archivesnh-2010-1-10-12-0.png

Posted
2 hours ago, MattStoke said:

More rain incoming this evening. Some further rain tomorrow, Saturday night into Sunday and again on Monday.

think that's a bit optimistic, to me looks like raining all day Sunday, clearing late pm

Posted
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

think that's a bit optimistic, to me looks like raining all day Sunday, clearing late pm

This wet spell is just never ending. The past 4 months were all extremely wet, and October is heading the same way. 

These are the outlooks for my walk on Sunday and running on Monday  

14C795B9-C0F4-4935-B2B9-CA1C4764AE13.jpeg

469D3277-0425-41C8-8564-3A828E08F492.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
27 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

This wet spell is just never ending. The past 4 months were all extremely wet, and October is heading the same way. 

These are the outlooks for my walk on Sunday and running on Monday  

14C795B9-C0F4-4935-B2B9-CA1C4764AE13.jpeg

469D3277-0425-41C8-8564-3A828E08F492.jpeg

Yes the ground is rather saturated here after recent rain and the deluges over summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
4 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

2010+ suck though, wouldn't surprise me if winters avg temp has warmed up since then too, 9 years on, this looked Jan Jackpot, drizzle,

archivesnh-2010-1-10-12-0.png

Remember with that chart though we simply ran out of cold pooling, we sucked it all away, the blocking had been so strong and long lasting, its very rare to not get a better mid level profile in mid jan with a fetch like that.

Edited by feb1991blizzard