Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
9 minutes ago, PurpleButterfly said:

so did I,  I was still posting in the southeast discussion

The midlands thread is quite large with possibly way over  100 miles between the East and the West   which makes it interesting come winter time.   Lots of nashing of teeth.  when a front does not make it all away across   or when an easterly isnt quite a potent as forecast.  Anyway welcome and have fun.

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Did someone mention the word WINTER......won't be long.❄️

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
8 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Did someone mention the word WINTER......won't be long.❄️

yuk, no thanks, days on end of 10 degrees, rain and wind, dark nights

Posted

23mm of rain overnight and still going... will this afternoon dry out before tomorrow’s next weather system...bbc seem to suggest Saturday will be “dry” and have “sunny spells” not holding my breath....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
40 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

23mm of rain overnight and still going... will this afternoon dry out before tomorrow’s next weather system...bbc seem to suggest Saturday will be “dry” and have “sunny spells” not holding my breath....

How much so far this month, Will? It must be well over 100mm by now.

64 mm so far in August here in the desert regions of the southern Peak.

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Terminal Moraine said:

How much so far this month, Will? It must be well over 100mm by now.

64 mm so far in August here in the desert regions of the southern Peak.

108mm eek ground is so sodden after July & August deluges.... hopefully not in the 60-80mm category for tomorrow as per met office warning... 

• Like 2

Posted
12 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

yuk, no thanks, days on end of 10 degrees, rain and wind, dark nights

Sounds like you’re describing Stoke’s summer.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Absolutely tipping it down here, Really does feel like Autumn have even lit the open fire to lift moods. Temp 14.7c and nearly 30mm of rain..

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
4 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Absolutely tipping it down here, Really does feel like Autumn have even lit the open fire to lift moods. Temp 14.7c and nearly 30mm of rain..

And I thought it was wet here! Only just over half that  here so far, evidently the heaviest rain has been a bit further north once again.

• Like 1

Posted

One word for today. Filth

There's been plenty of good summer weather in the last 3 months but also plenty of rubbish. We seem to flip between the two. This week being a perfect example, Tuesday/Thursday very pleasant summer days. Wednesday/Friday absolutely vile.

Can't we just have 2 weeks of nice quiet , normal weather. 21 degrees and sunny intervals 

Posted
2 hours ago, MattStoke said:

It’s been a terrible summer. Never seen so much rain and grey skies.

Would be interested to see some stats. 

I've enjoyed plenty of nice weather , but there's definitely been some very horrible days. 

Posted
36 minutes ago, Neil Harris said:

Would be interested to see some stats. 

I've enjoyed plenty of nice weather , but there's definitely been some very horrible days. 

Unfortunately, my weather station is broken. The Met Office did though show that June had 200% of the long term average monthly rainfall and July 150%. They also showed that by the end of July this area had already had more rain than the long term summer average, with one more month of summer to go, and August so far has got to be wetter than average.

Posted
10 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Unfortunately, my weather station is broken. The Met Office did though show that June had 200% of the long term average monthly rainfall and July 150%. They also showed that by the end of July this area had already had more rain than the long term summer average, with one more month of summer to go, and August so far has got to be wetter than average.

Would that be due to intense periods (I remember that bad week in June for example)

I'd be interested in days of rain, hours of sunshine stats if available.

Posted
1 hour ago, Neil Harris said:

Would that be due to intense periods (I remember that bad week in June for example)

I'd be interested in days of rain, hours of sunshine stats if available.

No idea on sunshine amounts but there have been very few dry days. The first dry day wasn’t until 21st of June and it has rained most days this month.

i’ve had people telling me this summer hasn’t been that bad. I think they’re insane! I’d hate to see what they consider a bad summer!

Absolutely torrential rain shower just now. Soaked right through.

C1AE9FE2-1211-4AFD-95C8-A3E3B4BBE425.jpeg

Posted
1 hour ago, MattStoke said:

No idea on sunshine amounts but there have been very few dry days. The first dry day wasn’t until 21st of June and it has rained most days this month.

i’ve had people telling me this summer hasn’t been that bad. I think they’re insane! I’d hate to see what they consider a bad summer!

Absolutely torrential rain shower just now. Soaked right through.

C1AE9FE2-1211-4AFD-95C8-A3E3B4BBE425.jpeg

I don't recall 20 days with rain in June, but I am a few miles South. I'm pretty sure fathers day was dry? And the 1st (derby day)

we had about 10 minutes light rain at 10am and now it's glorious sunshine and a decent forecast.

I could cope with this every Saturday!

Posted
1 hour ago, Neil Harris said:

I don't recall 20 days with rain in June, but I am a few miles South. I'm pretty sure fathers day was dry? And the 1st (derby day)

we had about 10 minutes light rain at 10am and now it's glorious sunshine and a decent forecast.

north west of you, but S of Matt, I don't think this summer has been bad, normal summer really especially August with the dominant W'lys, a lot of days around or even above 20 degrees max

Posted
7 hours ago, Neil Harris said:

I walk everywhere and got wet every day for the first 3 weeks of June.

We had showers first thing this morning  and then an absolutely torrential downpour around 10am. I got soaked right through.

I’ve only lived up here for 3 years and I’m more used to the drier climate of the South East but, even so, I think this summer has been awful.

Posted
4 hours ago, Neil Harris said:

Very similar day to yesterday here. We had a light shower around 11am but now some lovely spells of warm sunshine. A good summers day for getting out and about.

Aye makes a change, but can tell time of year is getting on, slight nip early and late, feels looks very much like an average early May, only wind from opposite direction

Posted

A real cloudburst here proceeded by a loud crack of thunder.