Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

26.8°C here in Bewdley, but the sunshine is already increasingly hazy as cloud builds from the west. Still going to be a hot day of course, but anything exceptional seems unlikely now. My highest here in recent years (33.3 °C on 19 Jul 2016) looks safe.

Actually quite disappointed from a personal point of view. We've already had a big storm this week, so I don't really want that this afternoon. I'd much rather have had a day of blue skies and unbroken sunshine. With all this cloud, even if there aren't any storms it's going to feel muggy and oppressive and unpleasant. Oh well.

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
Just now, Arctic Hare said:

26.8°C here in Bewdley, but the sunshine is already increasingly hazy as cloud builds from the west. Still going to be a hot day of course, but anything exceptional seems unlikely now.

Actually quite disappointed from a personal point of view. We've already had a big storm this week, so I don't really want that this afternoon. I'd much rather have had a day of blue skies and unbroken sunshine. With all this cloud, even if there aren't any storms it's going to feel muggy and oppressive and unpleasant. Oh well.

Really only 26.8c    My weather station shows 29.4.  The one in Wolverhampton   see link   shows nearly 30c   

https://www.kingswolverhampton.co.uk/kings-weather-station

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
15 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Really only 26.8c    My weather station shows 29.4.  The one in Wolverhampton   see link   shows nearly 30c   

https://www.kingswolverhampton.co.uk/kings-weather-station

Yes, though that was while it was quite cloudy. 27.6 °C now we're back to hazy sunshine. I can't claim this is MetO-level accurate of course, but Shawbury was reporting 26 °C and Birmingham 28 °C at 10:30, so it's not noticeably out of line.

Posted
1 minute ago, Arctic Hare said:

Yes, though that was while it was quite cloudy. 27.6 °C now we're back to hazy sunshine. I can't claim this is MetO-level accurate of course, but Shawbury was reporting 26 °C and Birmingham 28 °C at 10:30, so it's not noticeably out of line.

Just goes to show how  cloud cover can scupper Temps     I expect around 32c here today  before cloud starts to build. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective

30c hit at 11am

Posted

Very little cloud here. The question is, how warm? Hotter than Tuesday or hotter than 1990? No real reason I can see why the heat should confine itself to London and E Anglia, the skies are clear all the way to the W coast and the wind is SSE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Already 30c here with clear blue skies. That is remarkable for this far north at 11.30am. For comparison it was 25c at this time on Tuesday and temperatures reached 31c as a max.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Just touched 28c here on the Davis, Plenty of warming yet.. Around 31c is the shade record locally to beet since 2003. 

Be interesting what TM's is..

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

Out for a (slow) walk in town and got caught in a very short but fairly heavy shower. Sun back out now, but cloud really beginning to build. I'm looking roughly NW but the SW view is similar.

15640592682152863043909585621836.jpg

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted

34C in Nottingham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
6 minutes ago, BhamBoy said:

Am I right in thinking we’ve broken the July record in Birmingham?

Most likely 32.9C was the temp to beat and currently showing 33C, I think its unlikely though that we will beat the all time temp record.

Posted

Back home and it's 31.2 °C, so the hottest I've recorded here since 19 July 2016, I believe. 80% cloud cover now, though, so going to be a struggle to get more than a few tenths higher unless there's a prolonged break in the next couple of hours.

Posted

East Midlands Airport, my closest weather station, saying 35C. Is that the all time record for this area broken?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

34c now in Belper, that equals my record of 34c from July 1st 2015, which is the highest temperature I have recorded since I started recording extreme temperatures (high or low) back in 2013. Looks like that is going today!

Edit. Temperature has now reached 35c. Unbelievable heat.

Edited by Supacell

Posted

Hoping we get a storm later because of course I was away Tuesday night so saw absolutely zilch... I think I’m about 3/4 years without a storm now... I remember a couple of rumbles maybe 2 years ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Just hit 35C!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

We have hit 35⁰C here just east of Loughborough. Hoping we get a cracker of a storm later but suspect we are just in the wrong place.

Posted

Pleased to say we have had some pretty good sunshine over the last hour or so, which has enabled me to record 32.5 °C. Still only the warmest for three years, but I'm happy to get over the 90 °F mark which is really rare in Bewdley.