Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Hoping for a much drier day tomorrow so I can go out and enjoy the fresh air before going back to work on Monday! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Flood barriers coming down in Bewdley today, and the river is back within its banks. Max temp this afternoon 20.1 °C -- it's coming to something when the big 2-0 is a cause for celebration in mid-June, but right now I'll take it! A bit of light rain here and there, but otherwise a reasonably decent day, certainly compared to what's just gone. The sort of day when you wouldn't want to sit in the garden in the evening, but you could at least get things done without being soaked!

As for what's coming... looking at the forecasts and the models thread, there seems to be a lot of uncertainty as soon as the end of the week. To be honest, more days like today would be at least useable. It would be nice to have an extended period of calm, quiet, warm, sunny weather like last month's, now that the drought risk is well and truly gone, but I'm not sure I can see that any time soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

I see we are under Mett’s yellow warning for thunderstorms yet again what are your thoughts regarding tonight‘s storms?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.
8 hours ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Well, apart from a bit of mugginess ,we've had no rain here so far. Well we did have the rain how ever not 1 crack of thunder or even a flash of lightning. What I don't understand is that why the met office still has us under a yellow warning until 9PM tonight.

Edited by syed2878

Posted

my apologies about that cyclonic happiness I made a bit of a pigs dinner of my post.  what I meant to say was we did have the rain how ever we did not get one crack of thunder or a flash of lightniing why the Met office has us still under a yellow warning untill 9pm I don’t understand 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, Neil Harris said:

What can we expect in the West Midlands from the latest models (temperature wise)

realistically around 25 Monday

27 Tues 

28-29 Wed to Fri

31 Sat 

22 Sun fresher from the west on latest EC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
18 minutes ago, Neil Harris said:

What can we expect in the West Midlands from the latest models (temperature wise)

15 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

realistically around 25 Monday

27 Tues 

28-29 Wed to Fri

31 Sat 

22 Sun fresher from the west on latest EC

Those are the temperatures that the thermometers will be showing, but the extreme humidity will make it feel like low to mid 30s.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Extreme humidity next week ECM would bring flash bang severe thunderstorms.

Indeed. Plenty of flashy boom boom potential next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

Multiple warnings out by the MO this weekend and next week covering all of the WM, would be very unlucky if we all didn’t see at least one ?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

image.thumb.png.b84df31f58caec5863184b6715e6a188.png Just look at Thursday's feel like temps 45c, thats hotter than what even London is showing .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
1 hour ago, Sparkiee storm said:

image.thumb.png.b84df31f58caec5863184b6715e6a188.png Just look at Thursday's feel like temps 45c, thats hotter than what even London is showing .

Unbearable!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
17 hours ago, Sparkiee storm said:

Tues still looking poor, GFS going for 18 max, wet all day

Posted

It will hardly be just normal rain all day and that cool forget that it`ll be tropical thunderstorms,its an extremely humid and unstable atmosphere we`re heading into next week like you`ve never experienced before.

Posted
9 hours ago, Neil Harris said:

Today was beautiful. I don't know what temperature it reached but lots of blue sky, warm sun and the occasional cloud to give you a break. A perfect summer's day

I recorded a max of 22.9 C at my house. Not a lover of the heat, so perfect for me!

• Like 1

Posted

Some shower activity setting up in the south of the region, heading north 

Screenshot_2019-06-23-12-02-11.png

Posted

An interesting couple of days ahead.

Tonight is our best chance of catching a storm here in the West Midlands, we might end up being a tad too far south but it's not looking too bad at the moment.

Unless there's a trend quite far west, our chances tomorrow are very low compared with tonight, but not impossible.

So far from perfect for us and once again for the West Midlands, it's all a bit edge of your seat stuff...but I think this is our best chance yet this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

likelyhood of showers later? Breeze picking  up but still not bad out today

Posted

Just starting to rain here now. Some heavier bursts appearing on the radar on the leading edge. 

The forecast is more focused on places further north for thundery activity tonight, and looking at how it's going, I can see how that could well be the case.

But thunderstorms are fickle and really can crop up unannounced. Certainly going to be interesting. I still think we're very much in with a shout.

No doubt we're about to receive some heavy rain at least very soon.

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Not a sound or drop of rain last night, today not looking great either today, BBC still insists on some activity from 10am, whereas the Met-Office, just has light rain from mid afternoon, storm threat a wee bit of a joke locally really. Latest pulse or rain (or storms!) looks likely to hit parts of the south-east and east anglia on it's current track.