Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Currently having a shower here with what either looks like graupel or snowflakes mixed in!

Edit: temperature is apparently only 2*C here, lol.

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Most of the showers missed this location for the second day running. Just a few brief, light showers of soft hail this afternoon with long dry periods between them.

Posted

Thick freezing fog here this morning, which isn't the commonest weather in April even in the Peak District. The fog is clearing now though and the sun is breaking through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Light snow falling for the past hour in Quinton.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Truly dire morning here in Bewdley. Moderate rain, slightly sleety in the heavier bursts, and 1.8 °C. The most miserable weather here for a long time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Increasingly heavy sleet here in Telford, but in the last ten minutes it's changed to distinct snow, large snowflakes floating about like feathers, although still very wet when they land against the window-glass and of course not settling. 

(I'm having A Day In Bed after various work-trips and whatnot, and it is utterly splendid, sitting up idly knitting with bread rising in the kitchen and soup ready for lunch, and sleet lashing down outside! Horrible for all of the rest of you, I know, but I'm enjoying looking out at it from in here!  )

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Light rain just starting here, The small Low on the radar could give a few hours of rain if it pushes a little further East.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow
1 hour ago, BleakMidwinter said:

Horrible for all of the rest of you, I know, but I'm enjoying looking out at it from in here!  )

Sounds like a fun, relaxing, day!

To be honest, I think even sleet is far more exciting than just plain ol’ rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
2 hours ago, BleakMidwinter said:

(I'm having A Day In Bed after various work-trips and whatnot, and it is utterly splendid, sitting up idly knitting with bread rising in the kitchen and soup ready for lunch, and sleet lashing down outside! Horrible for all of the rest of you, I know, but I'm enjoying looking out at it from in here!  )

My favourite type of day.  Currently snowing proper in Glyn Ceiriog, snowing a lot up over Nantyr and Llanarmon.  Currently by fire drying out from snowy dog walk, just about to ? knit and have a cup of tea.....

Posted

A stinker of a day. Has no problem pushing north this time does it? 

Posted
3 hours ago, Gord said:

A stinker of a day. Has no problem pushing north this time does it? 

It pushed south! The low was over N England last night, started to move E and then went SW for some reason. Result 24 hours of non-stop rain and sleet as it drags everything right over us...

Posted
4 hours ago, Summer of 95 said:

It pushed south! The low was over N England last night, started to move E and then went SW for some reason. Result 24 hours of non-stop rain and sleet as it drags everything right over us...

Yeah, I guess the whole thing did. Wasn't paying that much attention to be honest. Just felt like a little groan that's all. I really should have thought a bit more before I posted I suppose.

I suppose my gripe still stands in a way. Typical that everything gets dragged right over us when it's just rain. 

Anyway, the sun is due back soon so my negativity stops here. ( I actually quite like the weather we get in Spring)

Edited by Gord

Posted

Light rain just pushing in here now, Looking at the radar there's a few heavy burst in there to. Temp currently 11c with a steady 9mph N/E wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Distant thunder here in Solihull, just started hammering it down, no lightening yet though, radar looks interesting, we'll see 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

All the good stuff is just North of me, anyone underneath it ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.
28 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

All the good stuff is just North of me, anyone underneath it ?

Not yet but it's heading in our direction. Been a foggy day here with increasing rain during the late afternoon. Dry now, but it's gone very, very still, calm before the storm.

• Like 1

Posted

A distinctly chilly wind this morning that has been howling away all night. Very 'beast from the east' style, you certainly hear differences when the wind blows from the east compared to the west.

Posted

Glorious out in the sun, Had a walk along the local trail to Hourboro Rocks.

IMG_20190411_164240.thumb.jpg.b59a65c1425e5ecbd968766f8aa30142.jpgIMG_20190409_113918.thumb.jpg.1b04be23c4cf357ca19d2e722685f926.jpgIMG_20190409_113744.thumb.jpg.6d03bec5261165fc250feb02e67f9533.jpgIMG_20190409_113422.thumb.jpg.e4d7215f209c7685ea37db86e3916a33.jpgIMG_20190409_112610.thumb.jpg.91cb9c228586c2c488d984b152a134d8.jpgScreenshot_20190409-133435.thumb.jpg.3eb556c0ee40c93a91f64e2c70f29b93.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Already  a ground frost here at 10.30 pm :cold:

Posted

Some stunning days this week, great for walking. Goes chilly once the sun goes in but i'll take it. The ground is also very dry now

Posted

The dry ground is resulting in some low grass minimum temp's lately. -6.4c recorded on the grass here last night, the lowest in April since 2003. The  air min' overnight was  -0.9c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Well, that was a bit more like it! Lighter winds, lots of sunshine (though it's clouded over now) and a new 2019 high for me of 18.1 °C. Looking forward to the Easter period, though it's a shame things look like breaking down to some extent from Monday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Aye Dave, but models looking better than yesterday for next week! tomorrow expecting the usual sea mist, today it was cold with sea mist fully in place until around 11am

Posted

Well that was a very disappointing day. Cloudy, hazy and with a nagging wind. It certainly doesn't tie in with the forecast, yet it's received zero acknowledgement in the evening forecasts. Seems to be a growing trend of "sexing-up" TV weather forecasts in particular.